Movie Tab

Tools    

Back with a bang!
Mischief is from 1985, and is set in the Fifties. It's about this kid named Jonathan (Doug McKeon), a nice guy who can't get laid, until he meets the new kid in the neighborhood, Gene (Chris Nash), a motorcycle-ridin' rebel (think James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause, which they actually showcase in the movie). The nice guy wants the hot chick in school, the rebel wants the good girl... you can see where this is going.
Hey, I think I've seen this movie, but it must have been quite a few years ago. Is it the one where they rearrange the dummies in the window of a store (they position them in rather R-rated positions)?

Yes! That scene is frickin' hilarious! They mess with the manniquins to get revenge on the good girl's d*ckhead preppie boyfriend, whose parents own the store.

And BTW, Doug McKeon was the kid in On Golden Pond--forgot about that.

Back with a bang!
Sadly, it is about the only thing I remember from the movie....I do remember that I found it funny though

Suspect (third time)
Pretty good suspense/thriller. There is one moment that made me cringe: when Cher's character is allowed to give a lame speech to the jury pool during the jury selection process. The rest of the movie is pretty cool.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious

A few familiar faces are in it: Jami Gertz (as the geeky girl who loves Jonathan
She's the silent, little-blood-sucking love intrest in Lost Boys, right?
"What's your name?"
*all the sultry sexiness a teenager can muster* "Star."

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
A.I. - Artificial Intelligence
"Have you been crying? I found a tear."
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
A.I. - Artificial Intelligence
"Have you been crying? I found a tear."
Awww...I loved that movie. The ending was so sad.

Now With Moveable Parts
"Look at me! Can't you see that I'm in love?"
(turning away) "...so am I."
I like your choice of quotes.

Thank you. Both lines were really well-delivered. Another favorite from that flick:

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories."

The movie is pure cheese...but I like it anyway.

Whad'you know?
Originally posted by sadesdrk
Awww...I loved that movie. The ending was so sad.
WARNING: "A.I." spoilers below
Are you referring to the reuniting with the mother?
If so, thank you.

Everyone thought it was a happy ending, yet in the end, I don't think his mother ever truly loved him. The "mother" was reconstructed using the hair, but I think her actual personality was based on what the advanced mecha had learnt from David - and of course, his perception of her would have been that she loved him.

That's what I thought, anyway. I believe that the ending if perceived as happy is far too fluffly, even by Spielberg's standards

Back with a bang!
I just watched Bully for the fourth time, damn that movie is good

"Fabricated American"
Originally posted by Gigolo Joe
I believe that the ending... is far too fluffly...
Hey Joe, what'a 'ya know?
Finally someone who agrees! They should have ended the movie with him frozen in the ice forever. But no, Spielberg has to go and ruin the whole thing by sticking that crappy ending on it.
Blah!

-GTB

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Gigolo Joe

That's what I thought, anyway. I believe that the ending if perceived as happy is far too fluffly, even by Spielberg's standards
That's what I thought too. It should not be perceived as a "happy ending".
WARNING: "A.I." spoilers below
The advanced mechines new what would make him happy...and they reconstructed her as such. It wasn't really her, I don't think. The line where she says," I love you David, I always loved you." gives it away. She never really loved him as a mother would love a son...

So, GTB...I think you might not have read deep enough into the ending, like most people--you bought into the fluff.

Morbida
lets see last night ..... space balls, rat race.

Originally posted by Vetinari
I just watched Bully for the fourth time, damn that movie is good
I definitely agree--by far the best of the Larry Clark canon. Kids was great for its shock value, but Another Day in Paradise was weak.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Escape from planet of the Apes

Leon

Bringing Up Baby

* I just noticed, Natalie Portman is the only kid ever that hasn't pissed me off in a movie...

Back with a bang!
I definitely agree--by far the best of the Larry Clark canon. Kids was great for its shock value, but Another Day in Paradise was weak.
I agree that it was better than Kids, altough Kids was also a good movie. I haven't seen Another Day in Paradise.

I also watched some more kick-@ss movies today:

A Fish Called Wanda (one of my all-time favourite comedies)

I.D. (I love this movie)

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (first time)
Yeah, I know. I can't believe I haven't seen this one until now either. I thought it was pretty good. Like Planet of the Apes, this is another late 60s flick that is inexplicably rated G. There's NO WAY this would be G today.

Like Planet of the Apes, this is another late 60s flick that is inexplicably rated G. There's NO WAY this would be G today.
That's interesting, and something I'd never noticed before. Hmm...

A Fish Called Wanda (one of my all-time favourite comedies)
"What are ya gonna do--are you gonna k-kill me?"

I love Kevin Kline. Love him. Seriously. There are restraining orders involved.

Finally, finally, finally saw Ghost World last night. The late fees from the video store are gonna kick me in the a*s, but it was so totally worth it.
"Rock and roll, man--freedom of speech!"

And we watched Breakfast of Champions again today. A good Vonnegut adaptation--they didn't exactly get it right, but they got it wrong better than just about anyone else could, I think.
"They do know who I am."