Where should they split the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films?

Tools    

i say they do this

Xenophillus lovegood say the line "are you referring to the sign of the deatlhy hallows?

*cut to black*

TO BE CONCLUDED

I'd have to grab a copy of the book to see, but that sounds like a pretty good stopping point. Of course, there will inevitable be changes in the adaptation which might make for a much better, more obvious place.

A system of cells interlinked
They are splitting the last book? Sounds like a grab for $$$$.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
There is no need to spit the last movie, they are doing it to cash in definatly.

No need? Deathly Hallows is 759 pages (U.S.) -- the second-longest of the series. The last two adaptations had all sorts of things completely ommitted as it is. I also think that Deathly Hallows has far less in the way of expendable dialogue and events than Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix. There's plenty of reasons to split it into two.

I don't really care why it's being done, personally. I think it's a good idea. This is already a very beloved, long-running franchise, obviously moreso with the books themselves, and it needs a thorough send-off.

im with yoda here

the first two were perect they were tho books to the last detail

prisoner of azkaban and goblet of fire messed tih it too much

order of the pheonix put it back on track

cant wait for the final tw- uh three

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I understand that it is a very long book but IMO they could make it in to a long film. I havent read the last book yet, but there are loads of films from books which has cut bits out. It makes reading the books more enjoyable I think anyway.

I think as it is the last film in the series they are cashing in splitting it in to two.

The last two book - movie films I watched was The Hogfather and The Colour of Magic and they were in two parts and they missed out loads of the books.

I wonder how long the gap would be untill the second half of The Deathly Hallows comes out.

im with yoda here

the first two were perect they were tho books to the last detail

prisoner of azkaban and goblet of fire messed tih it too much

order of the pheonix put it back on track

cant wait for the final tw- uh three
Thanks for the negative rep for making a simple observation, genius.

BTW - The word is Phoenix. What's a perect?

Every one after the first has been a grab for cash. It's the same movie altered a bit each time. It's like they've translated the idea of the Madden games series into movies.

i agree with n3wt...why should they split it up? they seem to be doing pretty well without doing so thus far, and also who wants to see a direct, line for line, re-enactment of a book...the point of movies are to make something unique, and i think, if someone really wants to get the best idea, they should read the book in the first place...i'm not a fan of LOTR but they seemed to have done just fine making those into longer movies...it's all about that green!
"Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets." - Dante Hicks

I understand that it is a very long book but IMO they could make it in to a long film. I havent read the last book yet, but there are loads of films from books which has cut bits out. It makes reading the books more enjoyable I think anyway.

I think as it is the last film in the series they are cashing in splitting it in to two.

The last two book - movie films I watched was The Hogfather and The Colour of Magic and they were in two parts and they missed out loads of the books.

I wonder how long the gap would be untill the second half of The Deathly Hallows comes out.
1. i actually AGREE with you here they COULD make it a long film like ROTK for expample that was longer than the frist 2 and wonn 11 oscars (not saying hP could do that but u know what i mean) but i accept the split as a good compromise

2. the gap is 6 months first half nov 2010 second half may 2011

I guess we will just have to wait and see. Yoda made some good points about the amount of material that just has to be covered in the final story. I thought they finally ramped the magic use up to exciting levels in the last film, something I hope they continue in these last films.

I just have a feeling a lot is going to be cut out of the Deathly Hallows movies. One of the biggest mistakes they made while filming Goblet of Fire is that they didn't introduce Bill and Charlie Weasley, who are very important characters in Deathly Hallows. We also havn't seen Dobby since Chamber of Secrets, who is also an extremely important character in the final book.

A lot of material has been changed for the movies to tell a movie story (a story that continues from film to film). The moveis are good by themselves, but they are not the books.

Using one film per book is not at all wrong, but things are altered or left out. The Goblet of Fire was altered quite a bit to make the story more life-or-death serious. The dragon scene was not supposed to be life threatening in the book, but the film tells a very different story. The skrewts are not in the film at all, and although they may not seem important, they do connect the story in terms of the students and what they have been doing all year to the end (that sounds general, but it is late right now). The maze in the film was just odd, actually seeming like a less threatening version of what is in the book. Still, the film story was fine. Dobby is just forgotten about.

One could make a case for two films for the last book, but, in agreement with others, that would not be necessary. Two films would build suspense and manufacture desire to complete the films, but it si really needed? A lot happens, but is it any more than the fifth book or even the first one? The point is that more of an effort should be made to create a better film (not films), which may dictate a longer running time. Done well, long movies are just good movies: done way off or slightly askew, a long film is waaaay long.