Indiana Jones V

Tools    

CAST:
Harrison Ford

Opening in theaters in 2011

It's perfectly acceptable to quote other sources when posting updates like this, but you absolutely MUST source them every time you do so, both to let people here know that you didn't write the post, as well as to let them know who did. Please ensure that this is done from here on out, as well as retroactively.

In this case, the above post was written by Ryan Parsons of CanMag in his entry "Lucas Contemplating a Fifth Indy?."

You ready? You look ready.
It's obvious the fourth one was a hybrid because you could so point at parts and go, "That was George, and that was Steven." I think it is also obvious that the heavily laden CGI crap scenes were George's idea. I mean, that man has no real sense of creativity left in him. Someone ban that man from movies!!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I Remeber Them Talking About LeBouf Taking Over The Series, I'll Be Upset If He Does.

I Remeber Them Talking About LeBouf Taking Over The Series, I'll Be Upset If He Does.
Why? Based on Kingdom, I think it would be great if he took over the series - in the event that Harrison Ford becomes too old or dies.

He won't take over the series. They've said as much. It's vaguely possible similar movies will be made with his character, but it'll be less direct than "Shia's the new Indy!" This was stated explicitly, I believe, in an interview, and was hinted at cleverly at the end of the film, when Shia reaches for the hat, but Indy takes it from him. The message to fans was clear: don't worry, there's only one Indy.

Awesome. The fourth one is my favorite (I even think it beats the first one). Glad they've decided to keep 'em up.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
He won't take over the series. They've said as much. It's vaguely possible similar movies will be made with his character, but it'll be less direct than "Shia's the new Indy!" This was stated explicitly, I believe, in an interview, and was hinted at cleverly at the end of the film, when Shia reaches for the hat, but Indy takes it from him. The message to fans was clear: don't worry, there's only one Indy.
Doesn't he say "not yet" or something like that? I honestly thought that ending was a nod to the idea of continuing with a new younger "Indy." I'm confused.

I don't remember what he said, to be honest. I just remember being very pleased and being pretty sure of what they were trying to convey. As always, I could be mistaken.

I was very disappointed in the 4th Indy film. If they do make a fifth movie, which I don't think they will - at least with Harrison Ford, I just hope they make it live up the first film. It is definitely a classic.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I don't remember what he said, to be honest. I just remember being very pleased and being pretty sure of what they were trying to convey. As always, I could be mistaken.
No, I think I'm mistaken. Maybe he didn't say anything at all. I really don't know.

Man, I remember back in 1993 when I heard they were going to make Indiana Jones 4. Took some time, eh.
But Indy didn’t pass the hat, ya know. So maybe…….

Man, I remember back in 1993 when I heard they were going to make Indiana Jones 4. Took some time, eh.
But Indy didn’t pass the hat, ya know. So maybe…….

If Shia LaBouf takes over then I am done with Lucas and Spielberg for good. Indiana 4 could have been soooo much better with better casting. I hate when some no talent gets shoved down my throat. Shia was selected, not elected. He didn’t earn where he’s at. It was handed to him. He’s the same in every movie. No range. I don’t even consider him an actor. He’s a prop.
I enjoyed Indy 4 and it would be great if Shia LaBeouf took over the series.

WARNING: "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" spoilers below
4th part was good. but i think idea with ufo was not the best choice

I'm not old, you're just 12.
You know, I've never understood the level of fanboy hate for Shia LaBeouf. He's not a bad actor, and he's entertaining in a lot of the films he's in. I mean he's no Short Round or anything, but he was good in Indy, too.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

You're a Genius all the time
I haven't liked him in anything else I've seen, but I thought he was perfect for his role in Indy 4 and was actually one of the best things about that movie. Also, his last name is French for "The Beef" which is just very funny. I think "Shia" translates to "The ****", too, but I'm not positive.