Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
In Bruges
The Orphanage
Definitely, Maybe
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
At the Death House Door
Speed Racer
Be Kind, Rewind

Yes, I'll go with The Dark Knight and Iron Man. Beyond those two obvious choices I'd say definitely The Visitor, In Bruges, Redbelt, Frozen River and Tell No One have been among my very favorites thus far.

Oh, also Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour. And Beer for My Horses. And of course Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
In Bruges (favorite)
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hellboy 2, i really loved it Del Toro is a fav

i haven't seen much this year

ps: theusualsuspect, i love your icon, can't wait for the movie

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Hey Holden, if I could ever get Tell No One to play past the 1:30 mark, I'd probably add that one. Also, I was going to rent Redbelt more than once, but either my daughter or I thought it looked just too hokey, Mamet or not. I'm sure I'll break down and watch it soon enough.

Welcome to the human race...
In Bruges
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Originally Posted by mark f
Also, I was going to rent Redbelt more than once, but either my daughter or I thought it looked just too hokey, Mamet or not. I'm sure I'll break down and watch it soon enough.
Yeah, I skipped it in the theaters, kind of on the fence about whether to see it like you, just because I assumed the plot would be too hokey (House of Games meets The Karate Kid?!?). But it's Mamet's best movie in quite a while, and of course it has more layers than you'd get from the trailer. Good flick. I've watched it a few times now, and it is very satisfying.

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal
Kung fu panda
the incdabile hulk
wall e
space chumps

The Dark Knight

Cloverfield

Bigga Than Ben

Redbelt

Eden Lake

Death Race

Top Ten:

1.Encounters at the End of the World
2.The Dark Knight
3.My Winnipeg
4.Blindness
5.WALL•E
6.[Rec]
7.In Bruges
8.Boarding Gate
9.Snow Angels
10.Paranoid Park

I don't keep up with what films are made in what years, but of those I've seen for the first time this year, the one that I guess amazed me most was Mama Mia! I never liked disco and certainly wasn't an ABBA fan back when they were doing their thing, and until lately I never cared for Meryl Streep. But there's something about that film that just tickles me. I'm surprised it hasn't been much discussed or even slammed in this forum.

Dark Knight has been by far the best movie of 2008 so far though I am really looking forward to Quantum of Solace. Statistically Mamma Mia has been the best in the UK because it has been in the cinema for something like 12 consecutive weeks.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
And of course Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
Really?

I don't get to all the movies I want to get to, but from what I've been able to see, I'd say these were the best:

The Dark Knight
Iron Man 2
In Bruges (I think this is my favorite!)
Be Kind Rewind
Wall-E
Kung Fu Panda

Registered Creature
The Hottie and the Nottie.

Registered Creature
Oh, I forgot Wild Child and Semi-Pro. Masterpieces.