Rose McGowan is Pro-IRA?

Tools    

so

in other news.

Rose McGowan apparently angers producers over her PRO-IRA comment...

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/2...173439300.html

thoughts? reaction? does anyone even care?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
so

in other news.

Rose McGowan apparently angers producers over her PRO-IRA comment...

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/2...173439300.html

thoughts? reaction? does anyone even care?
Pretty stupid thing to say. I suppose that she's just ignorant, something tells me she didn't do any research into the IRA other than the film she worked on.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

does anyone even care?

Yep they do. Unionist politicians, Martin McGartland (who the film is based on) and probably the families of the victims killed by the IRA to name a few. Oh and not to mention the director Kari Skogland and maybe her casting agency.

thoughts? reactions?

Well the films going to be a nightmare to promote in Ireland. It was just a dumb ass thing to say. Luckily for her, most people are putting it down to her stupidity rather than cause for concern. Unless..... she really is PRO IRA!!!!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I guess my computer is left-wing because I can't see the connections for some reason, although I'm sure somebody will connect me up to the "truth ASAP".

A system of cells interlinked
Good for her.

Sorry, I support the Bill of Rights, and, I try not to hate at inanimate objects.

Good for her.

Sorry, I support the Bill of Rights, and, I try not to hate at inanimate objects.
You confuse me, Sedai--when did the Irish Republican Army become an inanimate object and what does it have to do with the Bill of Rights? Or is it that Rose was exercising her freedom of speech, which is a good trick for an inanimate object?

I agree Rose has a right to say anything she wants to in this country (I would advise her not to do so in some others), and she's not the first nor will she be the last Hollywood star to say something stupid. Just because they have the ability to memorize dialogue doesn't mean they're intelligent.

As for the IRA itself, I've always viewed it as a cowardly bunch of bomb-throwers.

Good for her.

Not NRA, IRA; Irish Republican Army.

...uh the post is up there...

The People's Republic of Clogher
Ah, another dim-witted actor in can-of-worms-blunder type scenario.

She could, of course, done the full Mickey Rourke and wandered around West Belfast with some veteran Republicans (that's Irish Republicans, Seds, not GW Bush's crowd ), drank in a few bars and 'felt the pain'.

When the 2nd most powerful person in the country (Martin McGuinness) admits that he wanted to kill every British soldier he could lay his hands on after Bloody Sunday (and is met by deafening indifference) I doubt if this silly mare will raise anything other than a mutter among those who spend their lives wanting to be offended.

I can only think of a handful of films about this nasty little conflict that have been anything other than complete sh*te so it's probably wise for her to drum up some business this way.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Just because they have the ability to memorize dialogue doesn't mean they're intelligent.
Sometimes it'd be nice to just pretend they are... I hate it when you find out your favorite actor is a dumbass =(