Signs

Tools    

This movie looks very lame. Come on... A movie about CROP CIRCLES? For one thing, the makers of the movie have to know as well as I do how these "too perfect for machines" circles are made, or they wouldn't have been able to make them for the movie... DUH!

Why in the hell would aliens want to land right in the middle of a field, or purposfully make patterns in one? If they want to contact us, why not just do it directly? Also, why are crop circles ALWAYS right next to roads or irrigation ditches?

Plain and simple, this is a DUMB concept for a movie. If you want to do an alien flick, you can come up with something a lot better than this.

C'mon, man...give this flick some more credit, willya? I'll take them one at a time:

For one thing, the makers of the movie have to know as well as I do how these "too perfect for machines" circles are made, or they wouldn't have been able to make them for the movie... DUH!
It's the rapidity that makes it improbable as a hoax...at least, that's the theory. It's a plausible theory, IMO.

Why in the hell would aliens want to land right in the middle of a field, or purposfully make patterns in one?
Uh, I think that's what we're going to find out.

Plain and simple, this is a DUMB concept for a movie. If you want to do an alien flick, you can come up with something a lot better than this.
You're absolutely right: but this is not an "alien flick" at all. Thisis the second film in a trilogy: Unbreakable was the first. This is going to be about a farmer who loses something, and tries to find purpose: finding purpose is a recurring theme through M. Night Shyamalan's movies, it appears...and I doubt this will be any exception.

Personally, I can't wait for August 2nd. I am definitely, totally, completely, unequivocally going to see this in the theaters.

Well, I doubt you will be disappointed, because you love this director so much. However, the whole concept is just too silly for me.

I don't think the concept is quite what you're making it out to be, though. The concept of Changing Lanes is not two men in a traffic accident: it's two men with problems pushed to the edge, who are consequently forced to reexamine the paths they have chosen. Anyhoo, we'll see. Between Shyamalan and Gibson, methinks this'll be good.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
And besides, knowing M. Night's past films, there is always a twist or something that makes you go...*Keanu Reeves voice* WOAH.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Guy
on aint-it-cool-news, SIQNS is getting great great reviews. They are saying on the outside its a creepy-as-heck horror film, but has layers (as TWT was talking about). They also mentioned that there will be no twist at the end.

Originally posted by firegod
This movie looks very lame. Come on... A movie about CROP CIRCLES? For one thing, the makers of the movie have to know as well as I do how these "too perfect for machines" circles are made, or they wouldn't have been able to make them for the movie... DUH!

Why in the hell would aliens want to land right in the middle of a field, or purposfully make patterns in one? If they want to contact us, why not just do it directly? Also, why are crop circles ALWAYS right next to roads or irrigation ditches?

You said it Firegod. Why make a movie about something not even alien. If any of you guys know already, there was a TV special on deception and trickery on the TLC channel showing how people actually make these circles, not aliens. Why make a movie around something already known.

Well said. However, it certainly isn't known enough; this crap is still believed in by the majority

Bah! The crop circles are half-McGuffin, people. I seriously doubt the moral/purpose of the story really involves the secret behind the crop circles much...I think it's more about Gibson's character; his life, and his purpose. Finding peace. That sorta thing.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I don't think Chris will ever stop stressing M. Night's main storyline he works for, and nor should you guys. I mean each of the movies that M. Night has released deals with a main character finding their purpose, finding out their belonging, finding out something they never knew.

Signs, is just another step in the staircase.