Eden Lake

→ in
Tools    

Just a quick review this.

As i'm sure some of you know by now, I happen to work at a very popular cinema.

Since yesterday, we've been having our annually 'Fright Fest' festival which is basically a bunch of international (American included) horror films from new comers out there ready to make a name for themselves.

Yours truly managed to watch Eden Lake the other day, a British horror film that i'm sure will soon find its way onto every screen around the world - and it was fantastic. In fact, it's more of a vicious thriller than a horror. More along the lines of Switchblade Romance than a Saw flick. It's survival horror at it's most brutal.

There was a Q and A session both before and after the film finished, and it's director said, 'you don't watch this film, you SURVIVE it' and survive you do. It's scary, disturbing, raw and unapologetic. It's also got a very relevant social commentary to it aswell. I had a hard time watching it, and I mean that as the utmost compliment.

I'm thinking my boy Pyro Tramp will love this one. Fantastic British film that'll rival any survivor horror film out there.

4 damn stars.

Nice, sign me up. I love flicks like this.

Wow. Well I saw this last night and you were right it was all of the things you said it was and more. Frankly, I don't think I was quite ready for how raw and brutal it really was. Its not often I'm rooting for a happy ending but I was this time around. What I got was even better.

Seriously though, you will want to skip this baby if you like to watch flicks during dinner. It had several stomach turning moments and that's saying something for me. I've seen some pretty crazy sh*t onscreen.

Wow. Well I saw this last night and you were right it was all of the things you said it was and more. Frankly, I don't think I was quite ready for how raw and brutal it really was. Its not often I'm rooting for a happy ending but I was this time around. What I got was even better.

Seriously though, you will want to skip this baby if you like to watch flicks during dinner. It had several stomach turning moments and that's saying something for me. I've seen some pretty crazy sh*t onscreen.

Good man for taking my advice . Yeah, a lot of my mates thought I was overhyping this film when I explained it to them - then, like yourself, they watched it completely underestimating how vicious it was going to be. Those lads sat there in silence after the film, completely gobsmacked, like i'm sure you were.

Glad you liked it, mate. Horror fans will do well to watch it too. It's got a decent bit of social commentary as well, though some critics have used that social commentary to rip the film to shreads.