Best Surprise Endings?

Tools    

I agree about Dark City. And I don't see how Unbreakable had a surprise ending. Thatb was a crap ending. IMO.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by morbidodyssey
And I don't see how Unbreakable had a surprise ending. That was a crap ending. IMO.
Ummm...Hmmm...You're smarter than the average bear.

Why the **** do you have to reply back to my every post? I'm just stating my opinion.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by morbidodyssey
Why the **** do you have to reply back to my every post? I'm just stating my opinion.
Because someone is going to. You never explain your reasoning or have any open ended responses...you just make these random claims. I'm not trying to be a bitch...I just wanted to get some feedback, and looks like I finally got one. Sheesh. No need to cuss.
I think Unbreakable IS a legitimate surprise ending. Sure, some people saw it coming...like Yogi, but could you say that it was sort of a plot twist? Or was it just,"crap"?

I thought it was a twist, but not in the sense that the movie became famous for it. That flick was GREAT without that twist...it really was. But it was even better because of it. It was not like The Sixth Sense or The Usual Suspects in that the last few moments defined the entire movie for most of its viewers. That doesn't mean it's not a twist.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by sadesdrk
Because someone is going to. You never explain your reasoning or have any open ended responses...you just make these random claims.
If you're going to say something and say it's crap. GIVE A REASON. I mean yeah, it's your opinion but you gotta back up your opinion.

Was the ending to Unbreakable crap simply because you were expecting a "Sixth Sense" type ending?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I say sixth sense coming I couldn't understand why it was such a great twist...

However unbreakable was absolutely fantastic, as TWT said, it was a great film initself it was so satisfying and fulfilling to watch, and the ending really added so much weight to it...

The Sixth Sense and Fight Club get my votes.

WARNING: "The Sixth Sense" spoilers below
The sixth Sense wasn't really a surprise because I pretty much figured he was dead. So the ending just confirmed my suspicions.

Some surprise endings I enjoyed were

Bandits
Usual Suspects
Love Stinks
Crying Game
Planet of the Apes
Final Destination (the movie wouldn't have been as good without the ending)
Sorry, Wrong Number
Scream
Kiss the Girls

Rock God
tee hee. patti said i'm funny

im sorry...i forgot to put the lat post i wrote in the spoiler box. I'm kinda new here so dont be too upset with me

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by WhiteRabbit
Final Destination (the movie wouldn't have been as good without the ending)
I totally forgot about this movie. There were a lot of moments in this movie that were a surprise, to me anyways. Thanks for the reminder Rabbit.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by WhiteRabbit
Crying Game
Ug. Why?

Maybe it was because I was so young when I saw it. I was never shielded from movies. If it had a lot of violence and gore, it just meant it was better according to my mom.

Aspen's got it right The Usual Suspects has to be close to the best.

However my fav pics goto be The Game. Man, that had me going to the very last.
Proverbs 20:30

Fallen (1998)

Brilliant - it'll keep you guessing til the last second.

well, Pleasantville didn't exactly have an "unexpected ending" as such but it wasn't a very "comfortable" ending. It wasn't like all the Hollywood endings, I suppose

"Identity" had one of the greatest twists I have ever seen.As the movie starts it tries to trick you into tinking it is going to be some B-grade slasher movie but then just warps into an awsome psychiatric thriller.The ending works so great because it was "developed" on the side through out the entire movie so when it happens it seems so obvious yet so shocking.I think more movies with twist endings have to somehow develop certain ideas regarding the end through-out the entire movie so when it does finally end it doesnt feel like the writers just pulled it out of a hat because they wrote thereself into a corner and needed a way out.

There are those who call me...Tim.
I haven't seen many films with "surprise" plot twists at the end, so I suppose the one I would go for would be Empire Strikes Back.
I say "would" because when I was first introduced to Star Wars, I was shown ROTJ first, so when I bought the trilogy myself and watched ESB, allI could think was "Oh, that's when he found out".

Actually, because of that, it wasn't much of a surprise so I'll take back what I said and I'll go with Se7en.