...Your favourite horror movie...

Tools    

Beware the Moon
True Horror is my favourite genre, therefore cannot narrow down an extensive list to just a few. There are so many good ones out there.

I do however class "Killer Klowns From Outer Space" as B-Movie Horror/comedy, so I would put that in a category with "Evil Toons". The Evil Dead and Elm Street movies are cool but one of the most memorable would have to be An American Werewolf in London.

FYI - Full reviews and info on all sorts of Cult movies can be found at Logan & Glitz's Movie Page

I always rated Bram Stokers Dracula very highly, Coppola did a pretty fine job on that one. I've also enjoyed the aging 'Dawn of the Dead' and its predecesor and following 'day of the dead.' Not a big fan of teen slasher flicks though, none of them including old and new ever did it for me.
Proverbs 20:30

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'd have to agree with you Ashen on Stoker's Dracula. I'm personally getting a kick out of how vampire movies play against each other. Take for instance in Dracula that the vampires are "irritated" by crucifixes, but in Interview With the Vampire, Brad Pitt's character proclaims that crucifixes don't do any damage whatsoever.

Of course, these are both movies based on books written in two different time periods, but still, the fact remains that in one movie you get one story, and in another it's shot down as simply folklore.

By the way, Ashen Shugar, welcome aboard!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Thanks Spud (great name by the way) I was quite a post-er on a CRPG forum earlier this year and last but the place has dried up some. Thought i might try somethign new.... hense i am here.
I agree that Vampire movies and literature are very interesting. You also have Charlies neigbourhood vamp bursting into flame when presented with a crucifix in Fright Night. Bram is the original though. (Save the historical Vlad of course upon whom all the fiction was originally based.)

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Ashen Shugar
Thanks Spud (great name by the way) I was quite a post-er on a CRPG forum earlier this year and last but the place has dried up some. Thought i might try somethign new.... hense i am here.

Welcome. There's never a dull moment, around here...well, I take that back, there's lots of dull moments...but we try to make the best of them.

I thought that Bram Stoker's Dracula...is so underrated. The cinematograpgy was so unique and lots of movies have since borrowed the style of it; and can I just say? Gary Oldman rocks.

I must agree, Oldman was terrific as Dracula, he's good in everything though.

I always get a kick out of his shadow doing something totally different than what he, himself, is doing.

There was a lot of strong performances in Drac wasnt there, youre right Oldman was the best of them but i thought Winnona did a good job as did Hopkins. Only Keanu was a bit weak.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
Could someone please tell me why Keanu's hair kept getting lighter?
He spent all that time getting the blood sucked from him over a long period of time, by Drac's concubines...I think it must have been an ordeal. People's hair turn white after a traumatic experience, sometimes.

I dug that flick. Oldman was so wonderfully creepy. I love the part where he licks, I think it's a knife or something of the sort, and sorta shivers with anticipation. And the part where he's crawlin' on the roof?

Now With Moveable Parts
Well time elapsed faster over in Drac's castle...years went by.

Now With Moveable Parts
no prob, Kently.

American Beauty. Whenever it comes on TV I shriek back in total horror.

PS: I was just meandering around the boards when I saw "Happy Birthday WhiteRabbit." I was a bit confused untl I read it and found out it had nothing to do with me. I don't want anyone to think I got my name from that post. I took it from the song White Rabbit from Jefferson Airplane.

that thread existed before your arrival because we knew you were coming........

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by WhiteRabbit
American Beauty. Whenever it comes on TV I shriek back in total horror.

PS: I was just meandering around the boards when I saw "Happy Birthday WhiteRabbit." I was a bit confused untl I read it and found out it had nothing to do with me. I don't want anyone to think I got my name from that post. I took it from the song White Rabbit from Jefferson Airplane.
Two responses to this post:

1. I warned you once before about American Beauty.

2. Oh man...that thread should be sent to the burial grounds.

Now With Moveable Parts
you know I'm kidding right? You're allowed to dislike whatever movie you want...within reason.

You're allowed to dislike any movie Sadie has a love for.

You must also show love for any movie that has Julia Roberts in it...