MOFO Fantasy Football League?

Tools    

Greetings all... for some crazy reason this just popped into my head today... Are there any other Fantasy Football fans out there? It'd be fun to start up a MOFO league!

Keep in mind this isn't just for the guys! My wife joined one of my leagues two years ago and is addicted!!! (Came in 2nd place last year)

Just an idea

The baseball season (and the games!) are much to long and drawn out for my liking... I stick to fantasty football, hocky, and basketball and am a happy man b/c of it

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by mightymose
Keep in mind this isn't just for the guys!
Yes it is. Blechie!

p.s. baseball is the one where they run around in a circle and hit each other with q-tips, right?

Wrong thread, I know... but I change my mind... I wanna fight Sades!!! Dang prissy girl needs to get slapped around a bit, it'll toughen her up

JUST KIDDING SADEY LADY!!! I would never hit a girl (well... that's probably b/c I'm too afraid of what my wife would do to me!)

okay, okay, i have to be the one to ask "what is fantasy football?" et. al?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Fantasy football is just what it sounds like...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by patti
okay, okay, i have to be the one to ask "what is fantasy football?" et. al?
That depends on who you ask. If I were the one defining it, I'd probably sum it up as a bunch of guys, usually anywhere from 25-50, who love football but have no physical or mental talent for it, and therefore decide to make-believe that they're actually involved in the industry somehow.

It usually goes like this: they all draft real-life players to their own "team." They give it a goofy name of something (I've had a few fun fantasy baseball team names..."McKees Rocks Martians," and my favorite, "The Presbyterians"), and they take turns picking players. They draft an entire roster and can trade the players and such with each other. They simulate real NFL teams in that respect. Their players stats (the specific units of measure vary from league to league) are tallied after each game, and your team is given points of some sort for their accomplishments, allowing your team to "win."

Winner of the league gets a lot of pride, and usually takes home some "pot" of cash...maybe everyone enters $20 when the seasons starts and the winner takes it all home. Some get crazy and design logos or actually buy a trophy or something. It varies.

Our pot was around $500 last year and we spiced things up every week by having sidebets (highest scoring QB, highest scoring WR on bench, etc).

My teamnames for the past two years have been The Newlywhippeds and The Scoregasms

yeah, got the fantasy thing goin'....but hadn't thought of adding a football team element.

Now With Moveable Parts
Wrong thread, I know... but I change my mind... I wanna fight Sades!!! Dang prissy girl needs to get slapped around a bit, it'll toughen her up

JUST KIDDING SADEY LADY!!! I would never hit a girl (well... that's probably b/c I'm too afraid of what my wife would do to me!)
Fight me! Bring it on Mosey Posey! Naw, my Dad is a total sporto. I like that you men get all into your games like that...it's sort of how we women folk get into our shopping...

Hmmm...Fantasy Shopping League??
Best sales of the month...Old Navy Squares...oooooh, maybe I'm on to something.

Oh my goodness... if you're going to start a fantasy shopping league I am going to have to make sure my wifeypoo doesn't read over my shoulder... she'd be hooked and I'd never get the computer back, which means I'd have to fight her!!! She may be tiny, but she's scary... Her favorite hockey players nickname is "Tiny Ball of Hate"... foreshadowing?

......."tiny ball of hate".......that's hilarious

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh my goodness... if you're going to start a fantasy shopping league I am going to have to make sure my wifeypoo doesn't read over my shoulder... she'd be hooked and I'd never get the computer back, which means I'd have to fight her!!!
Or...you could just roll over and let her have the damn computer!

Looking back at this now, I would enjoy doing MoFo Fantasy Baseball. I love Football, but I think that a baseball league would do good.