I hate Adam Sandler

Tools    

The King of Movies
He has to be the most OVER RATED comedian ever!

The only funny movie that he has stared in was The Water Boy and that was only funny because of other actors imputs. Bobby Bouche (the charicter Sandler played) was not funny in that movie!

Click was not a comedy. And all though the script was good Sandler played his role horibly!

Billy Madison was the least funny movie i have ever seen.

In most of his movies he rips off other charicters (with out the movie being a spoof). In Billy Madison and The Water Boy he ripped off Forest Gump. And in You Don't Mess with the Zohan he clearly rips off Borat.

When ever his movie does get laughs it is from the two cheapest jokes in comedy. The kick in the balls or somebody farting. Sure he might get laughs from 14-year-old-boy fan base but that is it.

If you want see a real comedian watch any movie Steve Carell is in. eg) Anchorman.
Or even though he isnt a comedian The Rock is pretty dam funny as well.

Now we've found some common ground! You can check out my ratings for his films in THIS thread. The guy doesn't make me laugh at all either.

But he's a gazillionaire, so what do we know?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
I never noticed that his characters were such rip offs. I don't like ost of his films but I do give credit for Big Daddy and the Wedding Singer were he actually seemed responsible for some of the comedy.

Heavily agree on the Carell point

I liked him a lot in Punch Drunk Love.

My fav of his is Spanglish, and that sandwhich is to die for. He is a bit shallow though.

Nah, Will Ferrell's the most over rated "comedian" ever.

But, Adam Sandler is in a close second. Because he does suck donkey.

"Popeye's chicken is f*ckin awesome!"

My fav of his is Spanglish, and that sandwhich is to die for. He is a bit shallow though.
Yes, he's really good in that as well.

And in You Don't Mess with the Zohan he clearly rips off Borat.
I'd say he is actually ripping off another of Sasha Baron Cohen's characters....the fashionista one...can't remember the name...but it ain't Borat or Ali G...the other one!

That chuck & larry crap is a ripoff of an aussie movie...I lasted 5 mins and turned it off...embarrasing stuff!

I don't hate him yet...but the more he steals the closer I get to it!

The King of Movies
I'd say he is actually ripping off another of Sasha Baron Cohen's characters....the fashionista one...can't remember the name...but it ain't Borat or Ali G...the other one!

That chuck & larry crap is a ripoff of an aussie movie...I lasted 5 mins and turned it off...embarrasing stuff!

I don't hate him yet...but the more he steals the closer I get to it!
What one?

Punch-Drunk Love

Punch-Drunk Love is one of my favorites and I think Adam Sandler acted really well in it. Obviously, that's just an opinion.

He had some good stuff on Saturday Night Live.

He's got a some hilarious comedy CDs too.

But, I get your point. A lot of his movies come off as very calculated and redundant. Call it a guilty pleasure, or whatever you want, I can enjoy his movies with friends, leave the room and return without wondering what I missed and still find things to laugh at.

Maybe it's a type of humor not understood by everyone.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I can honestly say: I do not hate him, but on the same ticket I can say - he is not great. I think he is undiscovered as of yet. That is just me I am sure, but he has the ability, and the knowhow to put out a real oscar. I hate to say it but he reminds me of Heath...yeah a bit he does.

He has to be the most OVER RATED comedian ever!

The only funny movie that he has stared in was The Water Boy and that was only funny because of other actors imputs. Bobby Bouche (the charicter Sandler played) was not funny in that movie!

Click was not a comedy. And all though the script was good Sandler played his role horibly!

Billy Madison was the least funny movie i have ever seen.

In most of his movies he rips off other charicters (with out the movie being a spoof). In Billy Madison and The Water Boy he ripped off Forest Gump. And in You Don't Mess with the Zohan he clearly rips off Borat.

When ever his movie does get laughs it is from the two cheapest jokes in comedy. The kick in the balls or somebody farting. Sure he might get laughs from 14-year-old-boy fan base but that is it.

If you want see a real comedian watch any movie Steve Carell is in. eg) Anchorman.
Or even though he isnt a comedian The Rock is pretty dam funny as well.
I don't care enough about him to hate him. But he ain't funny and he can't act.

You're a Genius all the time
I'll be the first to admit he's made a ton of bad choices in movies and he's severely limited as far as acting chops go. But I'll also say that I'm a huge fan and when he's on, he can be very, very funny. Usually loved him on SNL, I'm unashamed to admit that I also laugh out loud at most of his dumb comedies, especially Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison. There are times when I can't stand him, but I think I've seen enough of him to know that the pros outweigh the cons.

And Punch-Drunk Love is the bee's knees.

A system of cells interlinked
Nah, Will Ferrell's the most over rated "comedian" ever.

But, Adam Sandler is in a close second. Because he does suck donkey.
Agreed. I abhor Farrell! Almost as much as Sandler. That said, I liked Punch Drunk Love so he has a leg up over Farrell for me.

I love Will Ferrell (Anchorman is legendary, as wa Zoolander and Talladega and Blades of Glory) and Adama Sandler from Happy Gilmore to guilty pleasure Little Nicky to sloppy chocolate 50 First Dates.Wedding Singer made me love him and I'll never hate him.

Although I much prefer the funny Jim Carrey movies (Liar Liar/Ace Ventura) and Steve Carell rocks The Office bigstyle.All Judd Apatow (see Superbad/Knocked Up) is unbelievabubble.

You could say I'm a one-man lovefest but that sounds . . . . . kickass.

I AM a one-man lovefest.

He's brilliant. I'd say Billy Madison is his best performance. Punch Drunk Love is great for his dramatic side.
He's a master, complete master at portraying a man/child.

Sasha Baron Cohen is not an actor. He's a mimic and he's milking his ability to offend and repulse people for all its worth. He'll be off the radar pretty soon.
Will Ferrell is brilliant. He just plays morons and he's good at it. There's a precedent for this in early Bill Murray, Zero Mostel, Buster Keaton.

I kinda like him. My favorite comedic role by him has to be Happy Gilmore, but where he really blew me away with his acting was in Reign Over Me. I really thought that film showed he had a pretty big range over the goofball slap it up comedies that he had down in the past.