What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Be Kind, Rewind

Rails &Ties

Classe Tous Risques
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Sales, damn sales, why can I never walk past a shop with a DVD sale?
Lured in again by the promise of cheap quality ( where have I heard that before? ) or a bargain ( I'm Scottish afterall! )
todays 3 for £20 were, Day Watch ( not worth the money soon to be the world's smallest frisbee ! ) Them a horror/ slasher/ thriller and Ghosts of Cite Soleil, which boasts the real life City of God on its' front cover.
I'll let you know about the other two once I've watched them, already posted a review on Day Watch.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Two and A Half Men Season one and two (They were insanely cheap)

Alvin and the Chipmunks (I missed it at the movies and wanted to see it, so I brought it).

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
made a blind buy:

Upgraded one movie to DVD:

Got a 2 for 1:

and a .35 center:

I bought open season on blu-ray. I have recently started buying all 3D animated movies on blu-ray since the picture clarity itself makes for a good watch (regardless of storyline, entertainment etc.).

Crikey, thought In Bruges was a film we got first (for a change), only saw it couple weeks back at the cinema.

Batman Begins: Two Disc Deluxe Edition. Havent seen the movie since i saw it in theaters because my dad bought the full screen version and it doesnt work well on our plasma I cant wait to pop it in tonight and watch it again!

There are those who call me...Tim.
I prefer the Region 1 Box Art to the Region 2 box

Region 1

Region 2

The R2 art seems more grim, which isn't something I felt when watching the film (if anything it made me want go on holiday to Bruges).

Won't stop me buying it (although I missed the last few minutes as I had to leave the cinema, I loved the rest of what I saw), I'll just have to find the R1 DVD sleeve online and print it off. Tut tut.

[EDIT]
Oh yeah, after seeing Indy 4 I bought the trilogy boxset. Not that I haven't seen them hundreds of times on TV already mind you.

I prefer the [In Bruges] Region 1 Box Art to the Region 2 box.

They were both adapting official poster art. I don't care for the one with the ice cream cone and the swan much either, but at least that DVD cover more or less matches the poster concept. For the R1 DVD they've taken the pieces of the poster with Farrell and Fiennes but ditched Gleeson. That second poster there, which is done like a postcard with bits of blood staining it, is wonderful. I've printed THAT out for my DVD.

There are those who call me...Tim.

They were both adapting official poster art. I don't care for the one with the ice cream cone and the swan much either, but at least that DVD cover more or less matches the poster concept. For the R1 DVD they've taken the pieces of the poster with Farrell and Fiennes but ditched Gleeson. That second poster there, which is done like a postcard with bits of blood staining it, is wonderful. I've printed THAT out for my DVD.
Oh right, I didn't know that about the R1 poster/box art, but I agree with the postcard style poster, it's great.

I am half agony, half hope.
Bought some DVDs for school.

Johann von Goethe

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Bought some DVDs for school.
Watch this first, it is really good. I really like it.

I am half agony, half hope.
Watch this first, it is really good. I really like it.
Mark's right, Lennon. I've seen it. I've got to make sure there isn't anything in there the kids shouldn't see or hear. I liked it.