The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (David Fincher!)

→ in
Tools    

I recently checked on IMDB.com and I'm really intrigued by the storyline: a man who is born in his eighties and then ages backwards. That's some weird ****. lol I also found it interesting that the film is based on an F. Scott Fitzgerald short story from 1896 of the same name. I'm going to have to read this short story.
Brad Pitt has the title role ( ) and Tilda Swinton (ooh la-la )

And just for the record, the Fitzgerald story and the movie are titled The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Eric Roth, the veteran scribe who's previous work includes Munich, The Insider, The Good Shepherd and Forrest Gump, adapted the screenplay.

Also for the record, Fitzgerald published his story in 1922. He was born in 1896, which would have made writing a story that year other than one consisting entirely of drool and poo-poo diapers to be damn near impossible. Unless, you know, he was Benjamin Button.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

And just for the record, the Fitzgerald story and the movie are titled The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Eric Roth, the veteran scribe who's previous work includes Munich, The Insider, The Good Shepherd and Forrest Gump, adapted the screenplay.

Also for the record, Fitzgerald published his story in 1922. He was born in 1896, which would have made writing a story that year other than one consisting entirely of drool and poo-poo diapers to be damn near impossible. Unless, you know, he was Benjamin Button.

Very clever. That makes sense since the short story is from his Jazz Age collection. I was typing way too fast. Thanks for the correction.

I read the short story yesterday and it's sad. I perceive the story to promote midlife/middle age: during the bookends of a person's life, they're either too young or too old, but midlife offers a balance. A middle aged (in most cases) is much more mature than their younger years, but they still have a lot to learn. There's a whole bunch of other stuff that I read into, but I won't go into on here. lol

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

Lets put a smile on that block
He was born in 1896, which would have made writing a story that year other than one consisting entirely of drool and poo-poo diapers...
Now thats my kind of film! Whens it coming out?

Very odd trailer. Looks interesting, but I have to say, the audience I first saw it with had no idea how to react, so they didn't react at all. Doesn't strike me as the easiest film to promote, though.

I Really Want To See This, Maybe We Can Get Another Ending That Will Blow You Way Like Se7en And Fight Club.

Read the short story there. Really intrigued by it. Think it will be a very compelling story. Doubt that there will be a surprising ending to it though.

Registered Creature
Starring Brad Pitt.

I enjoy Brad Pitt alot and I appreciate his work. Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton aren't that bad either. I like them all and love their films and this one looks extremely interesting. I saw the trailer for this at the movies once, and didn't think much of it. Now that I think of it, this looks awesome.

Registered Creature
Brad Pitt is cool.

I have no doubt that the XXX rated version will be called The Curious Case of Benjamin BUTT. Unfortunately, it probably won't star Brad Pitt.

That new trailer is awesome, I love that scene where everything is rewound. The cast is perfect (Swinton, Pitt AND Blanchett??) and I have faith that David Fincher will do wonders for this movie.

It does have kind of a sad note to it, I haven't read the short story yet.

-Hattori Hanzo