Condition of your dvds

Tools    

I take really, really good care of my dvds and cds as well. I can't stand it when people leave discs lying around loose! They make me so mad I could bite the wings off the demons crawling from my ears!
How do you keep yours?

They make me so mad I could bite the wings off the demons crawling from my ears!
When was the last time you used Q-tips?

There are those who call me...Tim.
I keep my DVD's in their boxes when I'm not watching them. It also annoys me when I see my Screen Histories lecturer holding a dvd with his thumb rubbing against the shiny half of the disc, who himself gets annoyed when the film keeps skipping. Is it really so hard to hold a DVD with your fingers around the edges?

In the box everytime!!
Hate it when one of my discs skipps!!!

.....doesn't know what to put here!
I take really, really good care of my dvds and cds as well. I can't stand it when people leave discs lying around loose! They make me so mad I could bite the wings off the demons crawling from my ears!
How do you keep yours?

i'm really fussy too, i can't stand when they leave my discs lying around or in the DVD player, it drives me mad

.....doesn't know what to put here!
Did anyone else see a news story about a research that supposedly shows DVDs don't hold data forever but rather about 5 years?
Thats crazy talk

Actually, I did see that.
Supposedly they degrade, but I have dvds older than 5 years.
I think it's probably over decades, not years.

Did anyone else see a news story about a research that supposedly shows DVDs don't hold data forever but rather about 5 years?
Reminds me of a blonde I once knew. I forgot her name though.

I've heard that, and I once heard that VHS wouldn't last long, either. Tell that to my movie from 1985, that still plays just fine.
I have DVDs that are older than 5 years, as well.

And if you have trouble playing an older DVD most likely its the DVD player not the disc.

I read that DVDs can last about 100 years.

Anyway, I keep mine in their cases and I am the biggest FREAK in regards to keeping my cases nice. Security sticker residue on a DVD case KILLS me -- I swear that glue is my kryptonite. I also always make sure I have the DVD that's in the best condition before I buy it. Any imperfection on the DVD case bugs me.

Someone once borrowed one of my Kill Bill DVDs and the case came back scratched in several places AND I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT.

Lost in never never land
I keep mine in my cases as well. I won't freak out or anything if they are out, but they are a whole lot easier to find if they are in the cases, and it keeps them in better shape.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I'm completely manic about keeping my DVD's well cared for, there's nothing worse than when I rent from Blockbuster and the DVD has thousands of fingerprints over it, makes me want to hunt down the last person that rented said DVD and........ I'd better stop now!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

When I buy a dvd, usually used and there's a scratch on it, or (gasp) several, it bugs me bad, even if the dvd plays fine!

Oh, this will be like nails on a chalkboard!
My brother-in-law, to "fix" them scrubs them on the carpet!
Then wonders why they don't work.

weeeell, I'm going to be in the minority here, yeah I keep mine in their cases an all but I'm not precious about them. I buy a lot of asian dvds from my favourite sites and I like to lend them out and people leave my house with dvds pressed into their hands as long as they promise to watch 'em I'll be happy. I love it when people are knocked out by a film they've never heard of and would never have dreamed of watching.

Sometimes the dvds don't come back, but I know they might've made their own way out into the world converting other people with their magic...or they might be on someones floor somewhere...but that's a chance I'll take