Snatch

→ in
Tools    

Just wondering if anyone has seen this one yet. I've heard nothing but good stuff for it and that this is Brad Pitt's best work...kind of hard to believe with 12 Monkeys out there.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Didn't see it.
I'm definitely interested in it. I too was wondering if anyone had seen it yet.

MovieForums Extra
I don't remember 12 Monkeys exactly, but I remember thinking it was a good movie...
[Edited by Zephyrus on 02-01-2001]

See
Snatch Ze Germans!
Here it goes… Brad Pitt, Dennis Farina, Benicio Del Toro, Vinnie Jones, Jason Statham. So what, you say? These are some of the geezers (slang for “blokes”) in Snatch. Guy Ritchie (yes-Madonna’s husband-but also the director of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels). Snatch. What a title! Well this movie is a ride. A marble-mouthed bare-knuckle Irish gypsy boxer, a four-fingered Jewish gambler, a “gangstar” named Brick Top with a soft spot for pigs, a mug with bullets for teeth-hence the name-Bullet Tooth Tony, a boy named after a gun-aka Tommy, Boris the blade-a bullet dodging Russian, a Cousin Avi from New York who loves sandy beaches, a trio of black men who’s shirts are worth more than the car they’re in, a Doug the Head and his twin daughters, and a squeaking dog. Snatch. So what’s the deal? A Diamond. A Boxing-match. A Caravan. Or at least they have to Snatch it before “Ze Germans get here.”
SNATCH IS OUT NOW! GO SEE IT!!!! (Or don’t—but consider yourself warned)

Snatch is a very enjoyable movie. Guy Ritchie has no fear to go outside the conventional lines of film making. he makes odd and eccentric characters and his plots weave together like a good episode of Seinfeld. Lots of comedy and great dialogue. Just a fun ride.
Bottom Line: If you liked Lock Stock and Two Smoking barrels, you will enjoy Snatch.
If you haven't seen Lock Stock go see it now.

Grade for Snatch: B, Sometimes it drags a bit, but still a strong script and a funny story, not as good as Lock Stock, but definetly worth watching.

Chaotic, witty, eccentric, and hip, Guy Ritchie's latest film "Snatch" is a visual bombast involving an eclectic array of intriguing characters. Ritchie takes us on a fast-paced ride through London, introducing us to a four-fingered gambler (Del Toro), a saturnine boxing promoter named Turkish (Statham), his lovable maladroit partner Tommy (Graham), a bullet-dodging Russian (Serbedzija), the wanna-be-jewish diamond dealer Doug the Head (Reid), the authentic jewish diamond dealer Cousin Avi (Farina), a marble-mouthed gypsy boxer (Pitt), and many other diversified characters. Each personality has it's own individualized mark which together form a melange of the bizarre.
Set in London, the story follows what happens surrounding a much sought after 84 karat diamond. As the plot begins to unfold, the interlocking stories involving unlicensed boxing, stolen diamonds, and caravans are revealed to make for a witty nearly unimaginable ending. Ritchie's innovative cinematography including quick paced action-to-freeze-frame-cuts and split screens is captivating, stylish, zany, and full of frenetic energy. In addition to Ritchie's remarkable camerawork, his choice of music is not to be left unnoticed. Offbeat cuts like Klint's Diamond, Disco Science by Mirwais, and Massive Attack's Angel coexist perfectly with the skittish visuals. The music, cinematography, witty dialogue, and bewitching characters are only a few distinguishable features of many in this cleverly hilarious and entertaining comedy. Snatch is well worth the money, time, and energy.

Disorder. Humor. Absurdity. Style. And above all, that subtle little spark that few big name movies attain, that perfect blending of every cinematic aspect that inducts you deliciously into its center and holds you there, in spite of yourself.
"Snatch" is a rapid, finely-tuned ride through the antics of a consciously and hilariously stereotypical cast of characters: our sardonic narrator, Turkish (Statham), his lovably inept parter Tommy (Graham), a Russian gangster (Serbedzija), a mafioso-ish diamond importer Jew (Farina), an eccentric gypsy fighter (Pitt), and many more, including the ultimate psycho-killer bastard, "Brick Top" (Ford.) Each role is expertly acted, and no one actor takes over the screen; the plethora of bizarre identities enriches the light, stylish flavor of the film.
As for the plot, all the madness ensues from one glittering 84 carat diamond (hence the film’s pithy title, "Snatch".) I’m not going to disclose any more than that; it’d be a crime to rob prospective viewers of the opportunity to watch Guy Ritchie’s creation unfold. From quirky personas to really sharp, edgy cinematography, "Snatch" makes for a hellishly comical and entertaining two hours. Enjoy.

Yes

A bit funnier than Lock, Stock, but not quite as good. A great film though, and definitely worth watching. If Brad Pitt isn't enough of an American link for you, then Guy Ritchie is the one married to Madonna.

"Wipe the butter off that and get yourself a real knife."

LOL!

I thought it was good. It could have done with a little less language, but that seems pretty standard for these types of movies.

Yes, the language is "colourful", but that's how it is in London's East End.

Make's it funny though .

The cinematography was excellent in places.
Do you think Vinnie Jones deserved an award for his role?
(Empire Magazine)
Also what do you really think of Brad Pitt's Irish accent?

p.s. don't go to snatch.com if you are ever looking for the film website!!! no really...don't i did.