What's your favorite movie sword fight?

Tools    

I don't need a bigger boat.
Hello everyone. I'm the new kid on the block. Great looking forum.

I thought I'd make my first thread something that is near and dear to my heart.
I'm a sucker for a good sword fight. Love 'em!
Sorry if the subject is Titor....probably is.

Here are my favs:

The Princess Bride. (The Man in Black vs. Inigo Montoya)
Rob Roy. (Rob Roy vs Archibald Cunningham)
Die Another Day. (James Bond vs Gustav Graves)
First Knight. (Lancelot vs. Malagant)
Gladiator. (Maximus vs Tigris of Gaul)
Kill Bill. (The Bride vs The Crazy 88)
Troy. (Achilles vs. Hector)

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

I love how when Roy gets tired, he drags his broadsword across the floor as he walks. Great realism.

I love how when Roy gets tired, he drags his broadsword across the floor as he walks. Great realism.
At first, I thought it might be a ploy... but it wasn't. His sword weighed twice as much as Archibald's... which just makes it all more realistic.

At first, I thought it might be a ploy... but it wasn't. His sword weighed twice as much as Archibald's... which just makes it all more realistic.
Prior to Roy dragging his sword across the floor you see him trying to hold up his sword with both hands.
He is clearly getting tired at that point.
It's a great study of brawn vs brains. Archibald is pretty much having his way with Roy for the entire fight. Roy only wins after he is willing to sacrifice his hand and grab Archibald's sword. And Archibald is too stupid (or stubborn) to either let go of the sword, or to simply pull back on it.

I love the

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reservoir Dog

fight, I prefer the slightly more intense Inigo vs. 6-Fingered Man fight "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!"

It gave rise to my favourite subplot ending:

Inigo:Tell me you'll give me money!
6:A King's treasury
Inigo:Say you'll give me power!
6:All mine and more!
Inigo:Say you'll give me anything I want!
6:Anything!Please!
Inigo runs 6 through with his rapier
"I want my father back you stupid son-of-a-bitch!"

Great 1st thread btw

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I would probably vote for Rob Roy too, but I have to add The Mark of Zorro (1940) between Diego and Captain Esteban.

Scaramouche (1952) ain't too shabby either, between Andre Moreau and the Marquis de Maynes.

BANNED
does anyone here remember, "The Highlander"? that was my favorite movie sword as well my favorite TV shows during the 90's. if am not mistaken...

I'm not old, you're just 12.

Rob Roy vs. Archibald
I was going to mention this one, but I've been beaten to it!

Uma Thurman vs. Lucy Liu in Kill Bill Vol. One was pretty good, too. Very suspenseful.

I can't think of any others unless we can count lightsaber fights from Star Wars. The threeway fight in Episode One pretty much redeems that whole movie for me.

Welcome to the human race...
does anyone here remember, "The Highlander"? that was my favorite movie sword as well my favorite TV shows during the 90's. if am not mistaken...
I was thinking about including Highlander - which fight were you thinking of exactly?

Yeah I remember that tv series "The Highlander" I remember the scenes that every time there was a swordsman and they had defeated their opponent they were striked by a thunder.. and that was really

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah I remember that tv series "The Highlander" I remember the scenes that every time there was a swordsman and they had defeated their opponent they were striked by a thunder.. and that was really
"Thish ish the Quickening!"

i have a few

the court jester
my favorite year
the adventures of robin hood
robin hood: men in tights (parry, parry, thrust, good)
the princess bride (both of them)
zorro, the gay blade

My sword fight would be in TROY movie. The battle between Archilles and Hector. The scene is awesome and breathtaking...

I agree with the previous posts that mention "The Princess Bride" and "Highlander". I would also add pretty much any of the sword fights in "The Three Musketeers" I love me some rapier swingin' goodness

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

Def the swordfights in Sword Of Doom, specially where the evil Ryunsuke goes mad at the end, and the great one in the snow with the might Toshiro Mifune showing he means business.