The X-Files 2

Tools    

The X Files 2

Release Date: July 25, 2008
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Chris Carter
Screenwriter: Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz
Starring: David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson
Plot Summary: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their roles of Special Agent Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. The popular series ran on Fox from 1993 to 2002. Rob Bowman directed the first feature, which hit theaters on June 19, 1998.

Thanks jrs, I can't wait for this flick, here's a couple of more tidbits...

The X-Files star David Duchovny told SCI FI Wire that he had a reunion lunch with co-star Gillian Anderson and series creator Chris Carter in Los Angeles recently to discuss the long-gestating X-Files big-screen sequel film.

"That was nice," Duchovny said while promoting his latest film, Things We Lost in the Fire. "I see Chris quite a bit. We live kind of in the same neighborhood. We live within maybe 10 or 15 miles of one another, but I hadn't seen Gillian in a while. So it was like a reunion. It really was. It was more emotional than I would have thought it was [going to be]. If you spend that much time with people and go through that much, there's a lot of residual feeling."

The X-Files 2 is tentatively set to go before the camera in December, with Carter directing, based on a script he wrote with veteran X-Files writer-producer Frank Spotnitz. Duchovny will reprise his role as FBI Special Agent Fox Mulder, and Anderson will return as Special Agent Dana Scully.

The plot remains a secret, but Duchovny expressed his hope that the second feature will recapture the essence of the series, which ran for nine seasons, from 1993 to 2002. It also spawned a spinoff TV show (The Lone Gunmen) and the first movie, The X-Files, which premiered in 1998.

"I want us to go out and do what the show always did best, which is really smart, scary, ultimately ambiguous stuff," Duchovny said. "I think there's been a lot of shows and movies that kind of tread the same area, or tried to, and I think we always did it best. And I hope we can go out and do it best again."

And one more thing...

The as-yet-untitled movie is being kept a secret, but Fox said that the story will be a stand-alone mystery that also takes the relationship between Duchovny's Fox Mulder and Anderson's Dana Scully in unexpected directions.

You ready? You look ready.
Wow, you've got to be kidding me? Does this series ever stay dead?

But seriously, I'm a fan of X-Files so I'll be sure to catch it.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Female assassin extraordinaire.
*fear and joy*

It's good to know that Scully and Mulder are back. Fans of The X-Files really miss them.

The release date has been moved up a week to July 25th, and the full cast has been announced. X-Files 2 stars David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Xzibit, Amanda Peet, Billy Connolly, Callum Keith Rennie and Adam Godley.

it's nice to hear that there would be a sequel.

Wow! Gillian Anderson still looks good. I can't wait to see this sequel.

I have been anticipating this. I still have the X-Files action figures. Yes, there were action figures.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
A little wary of Xzibit being in this, cause rappers are almost never good actors, but it's the X-Files, and the theme is already playing in my head as i type this...

hope it's a good movie, good thing that it's still the original lead roles.

If this movie will be a hit, maybe we will see the duo again in tv. What do you think?

there's a possibility. i hope they will. .

WOW! they look so good, cant wait for this one...

From Sci-fi wire:

X-Files 2 Wraps In Canada

Production wrapped on March 13 in Vancouver, Canada, on the as-yet-untitled X-Files sequel movie, with star David Duchovny telling reporters that the crew staged the unautorized Web photo's of Mulder (Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) kissing, the Canadian National Post newspaper reported.

"We've had lots of paparazzi," writer-director Chris Carter told a post-wrap news conference. "In Langley [British Columbia] a couple of days ago, a black SUV pulled up on the side of the road and there was a long lens pointed at us."

The next day, pictures of Duchovny and Anderson, locked in a full-on kiss as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, appeared on Internet fan sites.

"We staged that," Duchovny said at the news conference.

Duchovny finished work earlier this week and was catching a plane to Los Angeles. The rest of the crew were to finish by week's end.

The movie is a stand-alone story unconnected to the series' ongoing conspiracy thread, but beyond that they're not saying much. The X-Files movie is slated to open July 25.
Sounds like Carter is up to some of his old and rather pleasant tricks. I bet this is going to be pretty good.

Ah i cant wait! Im currently only on the beginning of season 7. i bought them all on DVD and im scrambling to finish it before the movie! :P

Wow! Can't wait either! 8)

We can't have the X-Files 2 series... Anyone remeber what happened to the world the last time a movie talked about the X-Files 2 TV Series?

I don't suppose I should watch this one, until/unless I catch up on the TV series. I stopped watching them, when they switched the cast some.
I always preferred the odd episodes. The main story was like an endless soap. The black oil, where's my sister, the proof is out there, are there aliens, the smoking man did it . . . I get burned out on things like that, after a while. Even though some of his odd shows reminded me of movies, or TV shows, I had already seen, I still preferred them. They were fun to watch.