Lennon's reviews!

→ in
Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Tommy

The legal way to get high.

Ken Russell delivers a psychedelic rock opera.

That’s right, this opera I think made me high, I kept seeing colors, I forgot what most of this film was about, I put on the Teletubbies and LAUGHED! Ok, not really but this movie was very psychedelic, the colors are awesome, the singing is awesome (especially from Jack Nicholson, but if it’s a voice over…) I loved the direction, The acid queen bit was awesome.

This film is only a 4/5 because, the plot was hard to follow sometimes, and the side story with Sally Simpson, I thought was totally unnecessary, and didn’t like it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
For those who aren't sure, that's a review of Tommy. I don't think Lennon's come down yet.

Well what a little Dynamo you are Lennon

I love Clockwork Orange I saw it in the movies when it first came out then it was banned for 20yrs

Ken Russell I

For those who aren't sure, that's a review of Tommy. I don't think Lennon's come down yet.

woops, yeah forgot, put it there

Fargo

This review includes minor Spoilers

Great, now woodchippers are ruined for me

Joel Coen gives us God’s second son, a movie named Fargo.

William H. Macy gives us a first (and not the last, I’m sure) Oscar nominated performance as Jerry Lundegaard, a car salesman at his father-in-law’s dealership. He also, for reasons unknown, is in debt. Instead of asking his wealthy father-in-law, he hires two goons, Carl Showalter (played by Steve Buscemi, whose Oscar nomination is hiding somewhere,) and Gaear Grimsrud (played eerily by Peter Stormare,) to kidnap his wife, and split the ransom with him. After Gaear and Carl kidnap Jerry’s wife, a cop pulls them over for having no tags on the car, only DLR plates, that Jerry gave them. When the cop asks Carl to step out of the car, Gaer blows the cop’s brains out, then kills two witnesses who were just driving by. Now, pregnant police Chief Marge Gunderson is on the case.

I loved this film, but it did one of my pet peeves in a movie, introduces an unnecessary character, Mike Yanagita, I really didn’t see why he was necessary.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Good review, expect for the "edit".

You should stick my your reviews and not be so easily motivated to change it.

Suspect's Reviews

Edit is gone, but could someone please explain his importance (if it was there)

Hairspray

One of the best stage adaptations out there

I never saw Hairspray on stage but I now wish I had.

I saw the original film, I thought it was a true delight from Lake’s performance to Stiller’s. This movie is officially revived.

Newcomer Nikki Blonsky plays Tracy Turnblad, a Baltimore girl in the 60s who dreams on being on the local "Corny Collins show", she can dance very well and has a fantastic singing voice, but she is not skinny or pretty by regular standards. John Travolta, who dresses in drag, plays Edna Turnblad, Tracy’s mother, immediately shoots down her dreams because she doesn’t want her to get hurt. After a failed audition to Velma Von Tussle (played by, Tracy thinks her dreams are over. Then Corny Collins (played by James Marsden, who has a wonderful singing voice, and is funny) hosts Tracy’s school dance, where she impresses him, she gets on the show. Velma isn’t happy because she is ugly* and supports "Negro day"

There is also, another thing in here that I consider a sub-plot about racism, which beautifully blends in with Tracy’s dreams. On the "Corny Collins show" there is a "Negro day", Velma hates it, and is very racist (as most people were in the 60s.) When Velma cancels "Negro day" all of the people on there protest, including Tracy.

I loved this film, the cameos where fun, (especially John Waters’) except for one thing, a bunch of wasted opportunities. I really wanted Amanda Bynes to sing more, and a song for when Allison Janney was correcting her daughter would have been cool.

* I think she is pretty but that is what Velma thinks

Office Space:

Fight the man!

Mike Judge delivers his comedic skills in a great movie.

I have never worked in a cubicle, and I will never, now!

Ron Livingston stars in this hilarious comedy about working in an office, as Peter Gibbons. Others with him include Jennifer Aniston as Joanna, Peter’s girlfriend. David Herman as Micheal Bolton, (no relation) a frustrated worker. Finally, Ajay Naidu as Samir Nagheenanajar, another frustrated worker at the dreaded Initech.

Ron hates his job and is trying to work things out with his 1st girlfriend Anne at a counselor, but when the counselor dies in front of him, just as he is put in a state of complete bliss. He realizes he must make the most out of his time on this Earth. So he skips his job and ignores his boss. Meanwhile, Anne dumps him and admits she’s been cheating on him. That day Peter gets enough confidence to ask the waiter at his favorite restaurant out, Joanna and she says yes. Right after the lunch with her he goes to his job to get his address book. While he is there, Intech decides to downsize and interview people. They decide to fire Micheal Bolton and Samir Nagheenanajar but give Peter a promotion. Angry about this, the three use a virus to steal money from Intech.

I loved this movie, I as a matter of fact love all of Mike Judge’s work, from King of the Hill to The Animation Show, although I hate Beavis and Butthead. I only had one problem with this movie, I thought the soundtrack sucked, what was with the rap music?

Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Finally! A good new horror movie!

Pre-300 Zack Snyder still delivers excellent effects and blood.

Sarah Polley, Ving Rhames, Jake Weber, Meki Phifer, Ty Burrell, Micheal Kelly, and Kevin Zegers all star good enough for a horror movie, (but, sadly Meki Phifer's character was just basically a steryotypical street gang member, who has no regard for anyone's health besides him and his family,) as people stuck in a mall, trying to waitout zombies from a mysterious disease.

I am not a Romero fan, so I never saw the original, but with a remake like this with beautiful zombie kills, and the best special effects I have seen in a long time, and the best special features I want to see it now. I must only give this movie a 4.5 because, I kept thinking, why don’t the zombies starve, suspecting that this took over about a month.

Anytime,

Toy Story

You just can’t beat the first

Pixar will never be able to match their first film, Toy Story

Tom Hanks stars as Woody, a toy, and Andy’s favorite toy to be exact. He has a good life, a bunch of friends, Bo Peep as his girlfriend *, and a spot on the coveted spot on Andy’s bed. That’s until Buzz Lightyear (with the best voice acting I have seen in a LONG time) moves in and takes his friends, and the spot on Andy’s bed. Woody is VERY jealous and his life is seemingly falling apart, so he decides to get rid of Buzz.

This movie is great looking, the first CGI feature-length film ever. I am glad to see Pixar be the biggest name in animated-family movies and both Tom Hanks and Tim Allen still be big stars. A must for kids everywhere.

*never said, but I got that vibe

I've seen Toy Story too many times - i probably watched it about 80 times when I was kid.
you can never see it too many times

My little brother's two and a half and he's at the stage where he can quietly sit down and watch a full film (if it's colourful enough). I bought him Toy Story and Toy Story 2 for Christmas, and he loves them to bits, and, like nebbit, so do I!

My little brother's two and a half and he's at the stage where he can quietly sit down and watch a full film (if it's colourful enough). I bought him Toy Story and Toy Story 2 for Christmas, and he loves them to bits, and, like nebbit, so do I!
At least you're not a cruel parent and make him watch Gone with the Wind,

sadly a true story

Misery

Great, Fargo made my body cringe; now Anne just made my legs feel funny.

Rob Reiner’s first entry into the horror genre, is one of his best.

Kathy Bates (why do all bad people have that last name,) gives an Oscar-nominated performance as Anne Wilkes, Paul Sheldon’s (played by Godfather alumni, James Caan,) number one fan. When Paul crashes his car on the side of the road and Anne finds him, and nurses him back to health. But, when she reads his new book in which her favorite character dies, he would be lucky to get out, alive.

Kathy Bates really shines in this movie, arguably the best performance of her career; her mood swings are genuinely freighting. James Caan’s acting is terrific but really outshined by Kathy, I especially loved when he tried to escape, I really felt for him. As always, Meathead’s (a.k.a. Rob Reiner) directing is one of the best out there. A can’t miss horror movie.