Meatwadsprite's Slow Review Thread

→ in
Tools    

Now do you understand 7th ? Everything i say and do is correct : so now you know better
I take it you are talking bout the few -reps you sent my way, yeah I know better now, no worries. I probably deserved them I guees from your POV, thats cool, but hey now you know that I will never respond to you again, so I guess we both win.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
A few posts back someone posted a reminder that this was supposed to be a review thread...instead all we have is meatwadsprite and lennon posting about how they are neg repping each other for silly reasons like 'because i didn't agree with you' and 'cos you neg repped me' (for which you both deserve more negative rep.) I find both of your reviews interesting but this bickering is dull. Discussion about the reviews is one thing but arguing about who said what to who and who neg repped who is just boring.

Take it outside to the playground, please, and bring on the reviews! Otherwise this is just meatwadsprite's slow thread.

I take it you are talking bout the few -reps you sent my way, yeah I know better now, no worries. I probably deserved them I guees from your POV, thats cool, but hey now you know that I will never respond to you again, so I guess we both win.
I'll surely miss your complaints

Blade Runner : The Final Cut (2 DC viewings , 1 FC viewing)

Plot : Incredibly intelligent cyborgs rise up against their owners and escape their slave lifes. Only one man can stop them - he is Rick Deckard and he is a blade runner.

Story : The seperation on what we consider to be important life : more specifically human and close to human robots. Deckard is forced back into his "old" job of retiring escaped cyborgs. Though over the course of the movie he is treated like a menace instead of a hero : eventually this catches up with him - and he must decide what is right.

Visuals : The previous Director's Cut not only had the worst DVD case ever - but a very low quality transfer of picture quality. This time the full potential of the movie's are relized : and the special effects are also improved. (Am I not remembering the film correctly but did the huge apartment complex's lights change from gold to blue as well ? )

Sypnosis : This new visually superior version of the film brings it to life in an incredible way. If you don't think it's a big jump - think again. Meanwhile , this is a thought provoking and beautifull story about intelligence , life , and fairness.

Chinatown (1 viewing)

Plot : Private detective Jake Gittes (Jack Nicholson) is hired by a woman who claims to be Mrs. Mulwray to spy on her husban - though the real Mrs. Mulwray shows up days later and drops the case , but Gittes refuses to drop it.

Story : As Gittes dives deeper into this mysterious case a big conspiracy unfolds before his eyes : higher ups using the water drought for their own ends. Gittes goes where he isn't supposed to and has to decide where his trust lays. The film is only pretty good a mystery as it's characters are very undeveloped - instead of thinking about why the characters are doing such things , you just see whats happening on screen and accept it. I couldn't say that the story ever got me excited to see what was happening next and defintly the second time watching , I can't imagine how it would then either. Not to mention another out of nowhere ending.

Visualls : Very minimal camera work and lacking eye candy all throughout the film. As important as visualls be to mystery movie - there really are no great looking scenes at all. The action scenes also suffer a great deal from the horrible camera work.

Sypnosis : An unoriginal mystery and lacking visuals make for a film that even Jack Nicholson can't save.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
??
Chinatown

The film is only pretty good a mystery as it's characters are very undeveloped... Not to mention another out of nowhere ending.

Very minimal camera work and lacking eye candy all throughout the film. As important as visualls be to mystery movie - there really are no great looking scenes at all. The action scenes also suffer a great deal from the horrible camera work...

An unoriginal mystery and lacking visuals make for a film that even Jack Nicholson can't save.

I thought you gave it a 3/5 before.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (4 viewings)

Plot : A couple erases each other from their memories - but as his bad memories of Clementine are erased , Joel (Jim Carey) dosen't want the procedure to continue : so he must stop it somehow from inside of his dream.

Story : A surreal mind bending film that keeps you thinking and amazed throughout the entire thing every time. Micheal Gondry has prooven himself to be incredibly effective at making highly emotional films and this being his first full length film says something about him as a director. There is so much depth to this story and so many different way to perceive what is happening , that there is no way anyone can deny this from being one of the most original films ever made. As Joel and Clementine are running away from their certain demise of being erased from Joels mind - they try to hide in different memories of Joel. Don't be confused though that this isn't real Clementine - but the one Joel puts the words into her mouth for.

Visuals : As mind blowing and emotionally gripping as the movie's story and characters are : they are incredibly well complemented by this films amazing visual nature. The films budget is around $20 million dollars - so that leaves around 5 million for the special effects : but however they did it , it never settles for sub-par with each scene being incredibly detailed and amazing.

Sypnosis : A highly original visual paradise backed up by an amazing cast and an incredibly emotional director - all comes together to be one of the greatest films of all time.