The Evil Dead, best of all??

→ in
Tools    

What can I say? Is the Evil Dead the most terrific movie ever made? I have seen this movie about 30 times and everytime it will really scared me. Please, tell some opinions about this movie..

Welcome to the human race...
My opinion on The Evil Dead...

I've only seen it about 3 or 4 times since I first saw it back in 2005. I claim it's the first real horror movie I ever watched and it's always made me jump whenever I watch it - however, I like the sequels more.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I just got the 3 disc. One of my all time favourite horror films.

Suspect's Reviews

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I love the Evil Dead series, although I must admit, they sould have just made Army of Darkness it's own series, too many people expecting buckets of blood to be shooting out of people. It was more action then horror...

but still very funny

Evil Dead has to be my favorite of the series just for the eerie tone and the over the top gore thats cheap yet affective. I do enjoy the whole series though, great stuff from all three films.

The reason I prefer the first movie to sequels is that its laughs didn't detract from its scares, because it didn't go too far with the tongue-in-cheekness. Sure, it was intentionally badly acted and written, and outrageously gory, but its main focus weren't just the laughs. It was really scary, and sequels leaned much more towards action, adventure, and laugh-out-loud jokes. Not saying that's a bad thing (Ash saying "Who's laughing now" while cutting his hand off is one of the funniest moments in films), but the humor in the first one was more subtle (I know how ridiculous saying the word "subtle" in the same sentence with Evil Dead may sound) and was therefore a much darker and scarier horror flick, even though it was much easier for the audience to miss the point. The Evil Dead truly is the ultimate experience in grueling terror parodying B-films, and the sequels carry the same premise, but have gone a bit too much off track.

The one of the best part in the movie is the second tapesection where Prof has been to confessed that all is to be lost and he will die by these horrible creatures pretty soon.
"I have seen the dark shadows moving in the woods and I have no doubt that whatever I have resurrected through this book is sure to come calling...for me." Very creepy...