What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Amelie

I love this movie (Amelie). In fact I must say it's one of my favorites. It uses just enough CGI to make it funky, but the actors and set design is stunning. Such an original concept as well.

I also love how it proves that a film can be "artistic" and a popular commercial success.

To those aspiring filmmakers out there, this film is proof that you don't need to sell out.

Bye for now

The People's Republic of Clogher

Finally!

Note to Mr Scott - This hologram nonsense on the cover really buggers up the quality of my expensive *cough* camera.

I just finished my Christmas shopping. I bought this one for me.

The Number 23

These are for my mother and sister, which means I get to watch them.

Breach

Evan Almighty

Children of Men

The Bourne Ultimatum

Premonition

The Contract

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Roman Holiday

Sabrina

You ready? You look ready.

The Ultimate Collector's Edition of Blade Runner- Why? Because it's freaking sweet, that's why.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Because, my wife loves it. And I might enjoy it just a little as well.

Because I haven't seen it and it looks freaking good!

A system of cells interlinked

A system of cells interlinked

Finally, after ten years of waiting, Blade Runner gets the DVD treatment it deserves. Five cuts of the film, a 3.5 hour documentary on the making of the film, original concept art, and various other trinkets all fit snuggly in a silver briefcase. The crown jewel of my DVD collection...

I am half agony, half hope.
Ocean's 13. I love these films. The cast has a good time, and so do I when I watch them.

Johann von Goethe

I bought Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on DVD along with the interactive DVD game. I love the Harry Potter series and I think it was a wise purchase to get it along with the DVD game. I tried it out for a bit on the WB's official Harry Potter DVD site and it was very entertaining, but I have yet to play it with anyone else.

Lost in never never land
To get free shipping on two different orders from Amazon (and because I wanted to pick up some films) I got the films:
The Tenant
Creepshow
A.I.
The New Guy

and

Flash Gordon (Ming the Merciless collection).
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

The People's Republic of Clogher

Finally, after ten years of waiting, Blade Runner gets the DVD treatment it deserves. Five cuts of the film, a 3.5 hour documentary on the making of the film, original concept art, and various other trinkets all fit snuggly in a silver briefcase. The crown jewel of my DVD collection...
So what are the toys an' stuff like? I honestly couldn't justify buying the limited edition to myself (but would have thought slightly less of you if you hadn't ) at the time but I'm not sure if I can trust my judgement while patrolling the sales with a wallet full of notes...

Watched the Workprint yesterday. Twice.

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix: 2-Disc Special Edition - Because I'm one of those lame people who like Harry Potter movies.

Celine Dion: Live In Las Vegas - Because, again, I'm one of those lame people who like Celine Dion.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
The Simpsons Movie. I really hope no explanation is needed for that.