What character scared you as a child?

Tools    

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
here is a question that i am sure will get a rise out of my Mofos. what movie character scared you as a child? for me even though i loved wizard of oz, i was terrified of the flying monkeys..

then as i grew up and even now, i hate freddy kruger. it could have been that dammed song ( you know ''one,two freddy is coming for you) then i had a nitemare that a good friend got killed by freddy and the next day i went to school, he was absent. talk about messing with a person's mind
if doesn't scare you to bad that is...... or dredge up long forgotten fears!!

As a child nothing haunted me more than

and

no two films stuck with me more through my childhood and constantly had me checking behind doorways and under the bed

I am half agony, half hope.
The Birds scared me, because, let's face it, you see birds all over the darn place. If they decide to get nasty, we're screwed.

The Exorcist scared me even more, because I believe in evil, it's out there, so possession could happen to someone. Hopefully not me...

Johann von Goethe

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
As a child nothing haunted me more than

and

no two films stuck with me more through my childhood and constantly had me checking behind doorways and under the bed

whats #2? i dont see it...

whats #2? i dont see it...
Yeah, they didn't realize you can't hotlink to images on the Internet Movie Database. But it's Carrie (1976) they're talking about.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Anything that was alien related scared me. Aliens in movies were just so scary looking when I was younger and I was always afraid to go to bed in fear of them abducting me while I was sleeping.

Invaders From Mars
For me, the alien in the globe.
Extremely frightening.
Even now, when I watch it, it's creepy.
LINK

That field where people fall in.
Very frightening.

It was Freddy.. his really creepy
he brings shiver to my spine

i remember that lepricon...jeeseee that one scared me a lot...

A system of cells interlinked

Put me in your pocket...
The Wicked Witch of the West was definately the first character I feared. Quaked in my slippers at the sound of her voice I did.

Then it would have to the hunters in Bambi. The gun shots and Bambl's mom not comming back made an impact on me. And then the hunters starting the fire....

...Needless to say I didn't marry a man who was into hunting.

The alien in Predator scared the crap out of me and my brother used sneak up behind me and make that weird sound he made.... grrr

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I agree about The Birds, specially the bit where they're all perched on the school climbing frames and the kids have to make a run for it down the road. I still have shudders if a bird comes too near me. But the one that gave me nightmares the most was the dismembered hand in The Beast with Five Fingers, truly horrible

So many good movies, so little time.
The flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz scared me and so did Injun Joe in Tom Sawyer (1930).

I was pretty scared of Indians in general. The scene in Drums along the Mohawk where they burn Francis Ford alive was pretty scary. There were a lot of westerns on when I was young, and the Indians were always the bad guys.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

It was Freddy.. his really creepy
he brings shiver to my spine
When I was a child I am so scared to this character...I remember that I am afraid to sleep then when I first saw his movie...I find him so terrifying before but now I guess not anyway he not real then...

The devil in the Exorcist.

I thought, and still do think, that's the scariest moment in film, and it's just a dude with some makeup. Michael Bay, are you paying attention?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.