Children Of Men

→ in
Tools    

Hi all just joined the forum, A great little set-up you guys have here

Anyway i watched Children of Men last week on Cable over here in Australia on a recommedtion of a co-worker.

I have to say this is a great movie, all the way thru i was on the edge of my seat, The acting from most of the cast was awesome and you can't go wrong with Micheal Caine!

i gave it a 5 out of 5, I felt like i was in the movie, The english can make some really good movies, I was very impressed with 28 weeks later the sequal to 28 days later, But Children of Men was very surreal, Great stuff.

Anyway i watched Children of Men last week on Cable over here in Australia on a recommedtion of a co-worker.

I have to say this is a great movie, all the way thru i was on the edge of my seat, The acting from most of the cast was awesome and you can't go wrong with Micheal Caine!

i gave it a 5 out of 5, I felt like i was in the movie, The english can make some really good movies, I was very impressed with 28 weeks later the sequal to 28 days later, But Children of Men was very surreal, Great stuff.
Hey Gordon, welcome to the forums (fora?). Anyway, new members are very welcome. Just so you know, it's recommended that you check the "Search" button at the top of the page. There's already a couple of threads devoted to Children of Men.
At any rate, I agree with you. Children of Men was one of the best movies I saw in 2006. Unlike you, however, I was pretty disappointed with 28 Weeks Later, the sequel to the far superior 28 Days Later. It just didn't do it for me.

BANNED
So what was the show is all about? and when we can also watch this...

Welcome to the human race...
No way. I saw this on Australian cable about one or two weeks ago. Showtime, yeah?

As for me, it dragged in a few spots, but it still kept me interested for the whole time, especially the long shots.

I'd give it a

I wasn't awed by the screenplay itself, I would call it a pretty straightforward and not entirely original story, but what I found really amazing was Cuaron's direction, attention to detail and extreme realism. The usual phrases like "you are sucked into its world" or "you need to watch it in a theater to fully appreciate it" are completely appropriate to use when talking about Children Of Men.

As for 28 Weeks Later, it had an interesting angle of not trying to follow in its predecessor's footsteps. They introduced new characters, wanted to make it more than a simple zombie movie by adding political subtext and emotion, and it had an excellent opening sequence, but the rest of it simply wasn't interesting enough for me.

On the other hand, I'm not much of a 28 Days Later fan either. Despite great direction and some great ideas (even though every new person the main character meets feels like a savior, they are just as scared and helpless as he is), and being really scary at times, by the second half characters and their relationships became too predictable.

One zombie movie that I really like is Shaun Of The Dead. Often mentioned as a great comedy, at times it also manages to be very warm and touching, without being pretentious. This makes it, in my opinion, far superior to Hot Fuzz, and also, to any other zombie flick.

I agree as well, I found Children of Men to be a very powerful and profound film. I really enjoy movies that make you think for a few hours after seeing them - a lot more value for your dollar!

hi, im also new to the forums and am posting like a fiend. i loved Children of men and bought it on dvd.

WARNING: "Children of Men" spoilers below
Clive owen is a great actor and the scene where moore is shot is so uncut its amazinggggg!!!!!!

A system of cells interlinked
Hi Crash. I edited your post, adding spoiler tags. Try not to give away key plot points or film endings in your posts without wrapping spoiler tags around the sensitive info, please.

Thanks