Has anyone seen Blade Runner Final Cut yet ?

Tools    

There aren't many. The only one I'm sure about was that the sky is no longer blue in that last shot of the dove flying away. There were a few others that I saw but can't be sure about, I'm sure some of the bigger BR fans on here could tell you. Anyway, the changes are cosmetic and don't really alter the narrative.

A system of cells interlinked
I will list them:

Dark Sky during dove shot, as Lines mentioned.

Dialogue is synced up in places that previously had errors.

Bryant now states two replicants were friend in the security gate at Tyrell, instead of one, fixing the continuity error.

The dream sequence is cut a bit differently.

The violence that was removed in two scenes has been reinstated.

A new negative was struck for the film, and it looks fantastic.

The Zhora shooting scene has been re-worked with the correct actress.

The dancers seen in the original trailer are back in the film.

The opening shot of the eye has been slightly modified, showing iris dilation.

This is the definitive version of the film.

That said, if you didn't like the film before, this won't change your mind.

Personally, I loved it. Then again, Blade Runner IS my favorite film of all time, so... I am biased...

"More human than human, that's our motto."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
There is still no voice over, which was taken out of the DC as well.

Suspect's Reviews

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite
I have high hopes for this cut , Blade Runner DC is probably the worst movie i've seen with so much potential and creativity.
How many fu*king times do you have to have this explained to you? THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THIS "FINAL CUT" AND THE "DIRECTOR'S CUT" ARE SO MINOR YOU WOULD ONLY NOTICE THEM IF YOU'VE SEEN BLADE RUNNER MANY, MANY, MANY TIMES, AND EVEN THEN YOU MAY MISS A FEW OF THEM THEY'RE SO SUBTLE.

If you didn't like Blade Runner as the "director's cut" you will like it no more as the "Final Cut".

'Kay?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I have high hopes for this cut , Blade Runner DC is probably the worst movie i've seen with so much potential and creativity.
Explain then (sorry for giving him more ammo Holden) where you think the potential is that the DC failed to reach.

And just to let you know what a few people here are already aware of, but I am among the minority in that I prefer the original theatrical version over the director's cut.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Well this new cut is supposed to be really crisp and clear - and not to that the blade runner dc dosen't have some great visual moments , some of it's scenes do look pretty horrible : the darker ones espicially - i predict it's going to be something like this

I take it back: you're going to love the final cut of Blade Runner. They've finally fixed it to make it suitable to sixteen-year-old dipsh!ts. Yes, you're right in thinking it was far too dark - thematically and visually. Thanks to computers the cinematography has now been "lightened" so you can see what's going on! Also, Harrison Ford's dour character has been given an uppity partner: an animated, anthropomorphized tortoise named Buzzy (voiced by Bruce Willis) - kinda like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but better. And not just any talking cartoon tortoise, of course, but one that carries a flame thrower and chomps on a cigar. The opening scene between Leon and Holden now alludes to this ass-kickin' turtle with an attitude (and their improved exchange about Leon's mother, where Holden snaps a "Yo Momma's so fat, her clothes have stretch marks" on him makes the subsequent cap in his ass more understandable). Some of Buzzy's one-liners like "Sorry, Pal, no gold watch with this retirement" and "I'm a talkin' turtle and now you're telling me you've seen things I wouldn't believe?!?" not only make you laugh but also make you cheer!

So it's visually brighter and there's a wise-cracking cartoon turtle, which already goes a very long way to making Blade Runner watchable. But it needed a lot more work, which thankfully Ridley Scott, who teamed up with an uncredited but very welcome Joel Schumacher, was able to finally do. The new score by Jay-Z and six awesome songs by Justin Timberlake make every scene a party. But the best change, by far, are the additional Replicants played by Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith. No, they aren't just doing their Jay and Silent Bob schtick: that would be stupid. It's more like Jay and Chatty Bob. Oh, and Sean Young has been digitally replaced by Jessica Alba as Rachel - so very, very hot!

All in all, Blade Runner The Final Cut: Electric Boogaloo is the fast-paced, funny, action-filled crowd pleaser it always had the potential to be but was too bogged down in thought, style and artistry.

Don't just walk to WAL-MART on December 18th to get your copy, dickwad, fu*kin' RUN.

I take it back: you're going to love the final cut of Blade Runner. They've finally fixed it to make it suitable to sixteen-year-old dipsh!ts. Yes, you're right in thinking it was far too dark - thematically and visually. Thanks to computers the cinematography has now been "lightened" so you can see what's going on! Also, Harrison Ford's dour character has been given an uppity partner: an animated, anthropomorphized tortoise named Buzzy (voiced by Bruce Willis) - kinda like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but better. And not just any talking cartoon tortoise, of course, but one that carries a flame thrower and chomps on a cigar. The opening scene between Leon and Holden now alludes to this ass-kickin' turtle with an attitude (and their improved exchange about Leon's mother, where Holden snaps a "Yo Momma's so fat, her clothes have stretch marks" on him makes the subsequent cap in his ass more understandable). Some of Buzzy's one-liners like "Sorry, Pal, no gold watch with this retirement" and "I'm a talkin' turtle and now you're telling me you've seen things I wouldn't believe?!?" not only make you laugh but also make you cheer!

So it's visually brighter and there's a wise-cracking cartoon turtle, which already goes a very long way to making Blade Runner watchable. But it needed a lot more work, which thankfully Ridley Scott, who teamed up with an uncredited but very welcome Joel Schumacher, was able to finally do. The new score by Jay-Z and six awesome songs by Justin Timberlake make every scene a party. But the best change, by far, are the additional Replicants played by Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith. No, they aren't just doing their Jay and Silent Bob schtick: that would be stupid. It's more like Jay and Chatty Bob. Oh, and Sean Young has been digitally replaced by Jessica Alba as Rachel - so very, very hot!

All in all, Blade Runner The Final Cut: Electric Boogaloo is the fast-paced, funny, action-filled crowd pleaser it always had the potential to be but was too bogged down in thought, style and artistry.

Don't just walk to WAL-MART on December 18th to get your copy, dickwad, fu*kin' RUN.
Yeah but i'm talking about Blade Runner Final Cut not Electric Boogaloo eddition - maybe that's why your confused

A system of cells interlinked
Well, that was good for a nice chuckle this morning. I think I will go watch this thing in the theater again after work today...

I've yet to see Blade Runner, so i am really looking forward to heading to my local cinema to go check this out

bako1
Bladerunner is a must see. Although I've watched the dvd, I didnt see the original theatrical release. I didnt fully apreciate it until now. This is one of the greatest cinematic experiences of all time. I saw it twice and considered a third viewing. The stripper scenes and the Tyrell extention should've never been cut. This is a better overall cut then any other. I hope they include deckard's meet with the first bladerunner at the hospital on the hd dvd.
See this if you can.

Is it Ok if I just say for the record that I love Electric Boogaloo? Would anyone think less of me? Not that anyone thinks enough of me to think less of me in the first place.

I will list them:

Dark Sky during dove shot, as Lines mentioned.

Dialogue is synced up in places that previously had errors.

Bryant now states two replicants were friend in the security gate at Tyrell, instead of one, fixing the continuity error.

The dream sequence is cut a bit differently.

The violence that was removed in two scenes has been reinstated.

A new negative was struck for the film, and it looks fantastic.

The Zhora shooting scene has been re-worked with the correct actress.

The dancers seen in the original trailer are back in the film.

The opening shot of the eye has been slightly modified, showing iris dilation.

This is the definitive version of the film.
Wow, Sedai, you are really, really good. The only Director's Cut I was ever able to pick out every single minute detail like that was Highlander because I had seen the theatrical cut about 100 times (I'm a Highlander fanboy, went through the 12-step program, but I still relapse periodically).

I watched the 1992 Director's Cut before I saw the FC and I caught 5 differences. I'll post my list here since it somewhat elaborates on yours though obviously yours is more complete.
  • Dialogue loop about Leon’s abilities added over the computer mugshot sequence in Brian’s office near the beginning of the film.
  • Blood spurts from Tyrell’s eyes during death sequence, two different shots juxtaposed with a different reaction shot of Batty.
  • Fight scene with Pris, she actually sticks two fingers up Deckard’s nose and drags him slightly, also an extra Deckard POV shot looking up at her.
  • Brief dancer sequence added.
  • “Two got fried in the electrical field” replaces odd continuity error.
Thanks for posting that list! I think I'm going to go and watch the FC again ... I don't want to wait another 15 years to see this on the big screen ... although being that I actually own two movie theatres, I need to try and book this thing as soon as Warner Bros. allows the rest of us non-Landmark theatres to partake in the glory.

Nathan