Justice League

Tools    

Director: George Miller
Writers: Kieran Mulroney & Michele Mulroney

Casting underway.

I'm kinda excited about this film, but i heard it wasn't official greenlighted yet by Warner Bros., more or less i heard wrong if it is.

Well, it will be awesome to see Green Latern and Martian Manhunter on the big screen for once.

Beware The Probe!
I have high hopes for this one myself.
I am, however a little worried about the casting.

If they didn't want to use Bale & Routh for it I think they should have just used what's already been established on Smallville's version of the League and turned it up a notch.

But I figure as long as they don't screw up the casting of 'The Big Three' it should be fine as long as the story is decent.

I'm also worried about rumors of this being a really young JLA.
If they want to make the rest of the League young, then do it but Supes, Bats, and Wondy should be the most mature of the bunch and they should have adults playing them and not make this a 90210 or O.C movie.
Appealing to a younger generation is fine but if they want the entire group young they should do a Titans movie instead.

Ya, i heard they were casting young too and that the casting would be completed by the end of November but that might just be a load of crap. Anyways, they're just using the original seven members that created the league. Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, and Green Latern (i heard they're gonna use John Stewart instead of the original Hal Jordan)

Beware The Probe!
Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, and Green Latern (i heard they're gonna use John Stewart instead of the original Hal Jordan)
Yeah, I figured they'd go with Stewart over Jordan again like they did in the cartoon series and video game since they feel they need a 'token black guy' and all. They could have picked Vixen and Black Lightning from the current roster instead of messing with DC Comics history. I have nothing against Stewart, Gardner or Rayner as Green Lanterns but Hal Jordan was the man! He WAS GL!
Considered by even his GL masters, the Guardians, as the best of the Corps along with Killowog and as Sinestro once was. As long as they make some mention of Jordan being Earth's first member of the GL Corps I'll be happy waiting for a one day future appearance if there are sequels.

I was also hoping to see Black Canary and Zatanna in the JLA. Wonder Woman is the only female? What's up with that?
I guess I'll have to keep hoping to see them join up Green Arrow's League in Smallville then.

I was also hoping to see Black Canary and Zatanna in the JLA. Wonder Woman is the only female? What's up with that?
I guess I'll have to keep hoping to see them join up Green Arrow's League in Smallville then.
Your in luck, in January 2008, Justin Hartley is returning as the Green Arrow along side with Alaina Huffman as Black Canary in the episode Siren. No word on Zatanna yet, but that would be an interesting character on Smallville.

As for Wonder Woman, she is the only female among the original seven unlike in the cartoons where they added hawkgirl.

Victoria Hill who's up for the lead role has a striking resemblance to Alex Ross' verison of Wonder Woman.

Victoria Hill

Alex Ross' Wonder Woman

Beware The Probe!
Alex Ross is a god for his renditions of what comic book heroes would look like in real life.
He actually makes Superman NOT look rediculous in blue tights and red speedos. How that feat is acomplished, I don't know, because let's face it, Superman's costume would be an embarasement in real life. Even his Batman doesn't need a sculptured body armor suit like every movie version has had.
If the producers modeled their casting after all of Ross' work I'd be one happy fan-boy.

PS:
That's some awesome news there about Black Canary showing up on Smallville this season. Considering they just got married in the comics it seems only logical Green Arrow would bring her into the show.
Can't wait to see that one.

I am wondering whether they will feature a black or a white Green Lantern.

I still would want to see him in green suit..

Beware The Probe!
As Taz mentioned above it will be John Stewart, the 4th Earthman to become a Green Lantern, playing the part.

Just a little GL history here for anyone not familiar with the character...

The first GL in comics was Alan Scott. He fought during the golden age of comics for the Justice Society of America during WWII but was never an actual member of the GL Corps and his ring was mystical in nature instead of alien. His ring had different properties than the other GLs had including a weakness to wood.

Personally, I think they should use the original mainstream silver age GL, Hal Jordan and introduce the others later.
The GL I grew up watching on Superfriends, Hal was the best of the best. Even after going mad after being possesed by Parallax, the evil manafestation of fear incarnate known as the yellow impurity, Hal redeemed himself and was killed to become The Spectre. He later returned to life as a Green Lantern again although many Corps members remember the lives he took while posessed by evil.

Guy Gardner was selected by the Guardians to replace Hal Jordan. A different kind of hero and generally not a liked guy by many of his team mates because of his straight forwardness and sexist attitude but Guy always did the right thing in the end.

Then came John Stewart to be Gardner's replacement. Just as heroic as Jordan he's filled in on Earth many times when the designated Lantern had left for the stars and is currently rotating shifts in the JLA with Hal Jordan.

The last Earthman to become a GL was Kyle Rayner. After the whole Hal Jordan/Parallax situation destroyed the GL Corps several years ago, Rayner was selected to wield the last GL power ring in the universe.
Since the rebirth of the Corps and thousands of new GL recruits from all over the universe Rayner had become possesed by the manifestation of willpower, Ion, which is Parallax's counterpart. With raw power at his will he needed no ring.
During the current Sinestro War between the Green Lantern Corps and the Sinestro Corps, Ion was imprisoned while Parallax possessed Kyle.
He has since taken a ring and is once again a member of the GL Corps.

who just wants a Green Lantern movie?

i remember that maybe Jack Black was going to play him in a spoof or just a super hero comedy but got bad fan reactions when it was announced and got canceled...any body else hear that?

but yeah Green Lantern movie

Beware The Probe!
who just wants a Green Lantern movie?

i remember that maybe Jack Black was going to play him in a spoof or just a super hero comedy but got bad fan reactions when it was announced and got canceled...any body else hear that?

but yeah Green Lantern movie
Yeah I heard that a couple years ago and cringed at the idea.
I'd love a Green Lantern movie though. Let's face it, it would be an inter-galactic CGI-fest where anything could happen. If whoever they got to play Hal decided to not do a sequel, they get to fall back on one of his replacement GLs and cast someone new.

I keep hoping one day it will happen, but I wouldn't wanna see it ruined by Jack Black spoofing it. Let him play Mxyzptlk if he wants a comic-book spoof.

BANNED
I can wait to see the cast of the upcoming film...

Enemies are so stimulating.
I havent read much DC, just a little superman, batman, green arrow. i've always been more into spiderman, but having read all star superman vol 1 very recently i really wanna read more, and as for films, im always excited about superhero films.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

There is now an early confirmation on cast members though only a few for now. List is below.

Adam Brody (In the Land of Women, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, "The O.C.") - Flash / Wally West.
Rapper Common (Smokin’ Aces, American Gangster, Wanted) - Green Lantern / John Stewart.
Scott Porter (Music & Lyrics, Speed Racer, TV's "Friday Night Lights") - Superman / Clark Kent.
Teresa Palmer (The Grudge 2, December Boys) - Talia Al Ghul, the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
There is now an early confirmation on cast members though only a few for now. List is below.

Adam Brody (In the Land of Women, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, "The O.C.") - Flash / Wally West.
Rapper Common (Smokin’ Aces, American Gangster, Wanted) - Green Lantern / John Stewart.
Scott Porter (Music & Lyrics, Speed Racer, TV's "Friday Night Lights") - Superman / Clark Kent.
Teresa Palmer (The Grudge 2, December Boys) - Talia Al Ghul, the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul.

The movie officially sucks now.

Suspect's Reviews

Beware The Probe!

I've heard it slightly differently on who's probably going to be in the cast...

SuperheroHype Link

No Brody or Porter there.

Beware The Probe!
This was my source but guessed they were wrong
Not necessarily.
There's only a 2 day difference in both sources and Superhero Hype says theirs is unconfirmed.
Also with the writers strike the movie may not even happen so by the time they do decide to redo the whole thing everything may change again.

Damn writers strike messin up my TV/movie entertainment...

I'm a bunch of a hell!
I still wanna see them again...

So the villains? who would go against this team of superheroes?