Dear MoFos, What is the best Sandwich?

Tools    

What was the finest in sandwich cuisine ever to cross your palate?

Is is still your favorite?

Is there a sandwich that you've never tried but have always wanted to?

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I'm sure I'll think of others that are just as good, but the first one to cross my mind is a real Philly Cheesesteak... mmmmmm

The best sandwich I ever ate was a grilled chicken served on an onion bun with honey mustard I got at a deli-restaurant in Mississippi.... but my all time favorite sandwich is still a PB&J....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

but my all time favorite sandwich is still a PB&J....
That does sound tempting.
I would never turn one away.
However...
May I tempt you with a Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich slathered with Miracle Whip, and blasted with tabasco sauce, salt and pepper?

The bread should definitely be toasted Memnon…

and a BLT with Tabasco sauce (minus the salt) is definitely tempting Slug… (you know we use Hot sauce instead of catsup around here... )

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
buffalo chicken sandwich: chicken breast smothered in wing sauce, with chopped celery and bleu cheese dressing, on an onion roll. mmm!

apple turkey burger: finely diced grannie smith apple in ground turkey with spices, on a soft roll with spiced cranberry relish. also mmm!

Chicken cordon blue with a thick slice of aged swiss, shaved honey ham, and a thin chicken breast boiled lightly in chicken broth then flame broiled on a spit. All of this on a fluffy steamed yeast roll moistened with honey butter.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I like my wife's chicken, mayo, olive and walnut sandwich. I prefer it on toasted sourdough, but you can't go wrong with your own preferences. (The chicken usually comes from leftovers of my slow oven-roasted chicken.)

However, I'm still, after all these years, a sucker for a Monte Cristo Sandwich from the Blue Bayou Restaurant at Disneyland.

However, I'm still, after all these years, a sucker for a Monte Cristo Sandwich from the Blue Bayou Restaurant at Disneyland.
You're right!
The Monte Cristo is pretty good.
They give you a lot.
The crab cakes there are kind of blah.

The People's Republic of Clogher

Either that or a good BLT.

I'm not really a sandwich person though. Heck, I'm Irish - whaddya expect? You can't fit many spuds between two slices of bread.

(chip butties don't count, smartarses)

Subway: Hearty Italian Toasted B.M.T with Honey Mustard.

Cause it's that damn good.

Hmm... get some bread, some deli turkey, add a slice of onion, a slice of tomato, a slice of cucumber, a piece of bacon, some mayo, some salt & pepper... slap it together... there ya go. Oh, and a slice of CHEESE. And some lettuce!

Or go to SUBWAY.

For me it's definitley a Muffaletta:

Olive salad sandwich with some smoked swiss, some hard salami, Black Forest ham and an icy Bock beer.

Heaven!

I gotta give a nod to
The Monte Cristo
PB&J
The Cheesesteak
and Slug's BLT.

We have a local place here too that does fried crawfish po' boys with tabasco that's awesome!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
just got back from new orleans and never got the muffaletta. i kept trying to find a place with poboys and when i finally did turned out the poboy was a FRY poboy and it was literally cheddar cheese and steak fries between some bread. not so good.

never had a good philly cheesesteak but i'm waiting and hoping and one day i shall have one right. i've never had one from philly either, so it's just something i know is supposed to taste great but i haven't been blessed yet.

so ... i like the smooth PBJ with black currant jam ...

and not too chunky, super savory, chicken salad with cheddar cheese, mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, AND MAYO ...

on whatever bread. hee.

There's a sandwich place in my town that serves a sandwich called "the sanchez" and you can order it "extra dirty". Hope nobody thinks me too much of a prude when I say I've never had any desire to order a dirty sanchez.

As for the best.

To eat:
grilled swiss on rye with tomato slices. I also like an open-faced crunchy peanut butter on whole wheat at the beach (if it's really hot and humid out the peanut butter gets nice and melty.) Seltzer water is a must.

To serve:
The double decker knuckle sandwich with a side order of toe jam.

what you lookin at?