Movie Tab II

Tools    

Sorry YOU didn't like it, unlike all the moviegoers raving for such an outstanding picture
Errm, speak for yourself much. It looks OK but i'm hardly shocked it's not any good and most Holden's criticisms on it really aren't surprising.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
High Society. A lovely film. Funny, romantic, interesting. Not my kind of music, but otherwise highly entertaining. at least there were no big song and dance numbers.

James Garner
Julie Andrews
Melvyn Douglas (Joseph Carmichael from The Changeling)

I loved this movie. Between the romance, Charles Madison/James Garner's theory about love, and principals, everyone's way of dealing with war, life, death . . . and Melvyn Douglas' um, episode, it was a lot of fun to watch. For just a bit, I feared I was going to end up hating this movie. That wasn't funny.

Originally Posted by Ðèstîñy

I loved this movie.
Yup, one of my favorites. Amazing script by the great Paddy Chayefsky, full of great speeches like...

CHARLIE MADISON
(James Garner)
I discovered I was a coward. That's my
new religion. I'm a big believer in it.
Cowardice will save the world. It's
not war that's insane, you see: it's
the morality of it. It's not greed and
ambition that makes war, it's goodness.
Wars are always fought for the best
of reasons, for liberation or manifest
destiny, always against tyranny an in
the interest of humanity. So far this
war we've managed to butcher some
ten thousand humans in the interest
of humanity. Next war it seems we'll
have to destroy all of man in order to
preserve his damn dignity. It's not war
that's unnatural to us; it's virtue. As
long as valor remains a virtue, we shall
have soldiers. So, I preach cowardice.
Through cowardice we shall all be saved.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Immortal Beloved (1994) 4½/5

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Errm, speak for yourself much. It looks OK but i'm hardly shocked it's not any good and most Holden's criticisms on it really aren't surprising.
Yes I am speaking for myself (and many, many filmgoers). And BTW....Holden ain't no freakin film God.

Last couple I watched were:

Schitzopolis (3rd time I watched it, not as good as the others, might take a break from it cos I know all the jokes. Still.... nooose army.)

Carlito's Way (had some great looking scenes, particularly in the clubs and the twisting camera when Pacino's on the gurney, Sean Penn is awesome, but man, most of the movie is Pacino taking himself seriously and narrating, unwatchable and unlistenable garbage. Still worth seeing better than...

...) Dressed to Kill (not bad, not great. Thought it started good then got worse once the mystery plot started. The bits in the art museum and the guy's apartment were good though and some good misdirection in the build up to get you to feel for a character, kind of atypical for the genre. Both Blow Out and Body Double are better De Palma thrillers. Heck, I liked Black Dahlia better too).

The Wild Bunch (1969) ~ 4½/5 .... even though I found some of the forced laugh scenes rather annoying... and had a to roll my eyes a few times at the female stereotyping...

Beware The Probe!
Watched Knocked Up after hearing people rave about it for months.
OMG!
Sooooo funny!
Laughed my ass off.
Definately the funniest movie I've seen this year.
Probably watch it again tonight or tomorrow.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Cannibal: The Musical - really funny, great songs by trey parker, really enjoyed it

BASEketball
- even funnier than cannibal, love their sense of humour

Monty Pythons Meaning of Life - awesome

The Haunting (1963) - Great movie, full of awesome atmosphere and creeps that don't really on cheap scares or tons of blood.

4/5

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Crank - cheap fast and unbelievable...it was friggin excellent! Most of the time i couldnt believe what i was seeing, that someone would actually bother to make this film but it was so damn entertaining i didnt care. Gratuitous swearing, sex in public, insane violence - brilliant

Eastern Promises

I like it. Maybe not as much as I want to though. For some reason I keep comparing it to the Godfather, which by comparison, seems to have a hell of a lot more depth than Eastern Promises. Regardless, when compared to other movies in theaters it's a frickin' master piece. Dang. I feel very confused.

Evil Dead II

I effin' love this movie. Get this, Hollywood Video doesn't carry Army of Darkness but they carry Evil Dead 2.... which is TOMFOOLERY!
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Yes I am speaking for myself (and many, many filmgoers). And BTW....Holden ain't no freakin film God.
Well, that's debatable but either way his opinions are far more considered and far better supported then yours, thus i hold his opinion in far higher regard. Like him or not, he's the most intellectual film person i've encountered and you're the most unforgiving Hollywood supporter i've encountered.