Post your reputation splits

Tools    

What are everybody's reputation-given splits? If you go to your reputation tracker page, on the right hand side you'll see the percentages for what kind of rep you've handed out, all-time.

It doesn't tell you how many you've dished out, but at this moment I'm sitting at exactly a 40/60 split. 40.00% of the reputation I've given is of the positive variety, and 60.00% is of the negative stripe.

To me that feels exactly right, very good snapshot of how I rep folks.

What are your splits, and are you at all surprised by the numbers?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wow, and looking at the statistics for the entire site as a whole, 84.11% of the rep has been positive, leaving only 15.89% negative.

I guess my personal 60% counts for a good deal of that 16%? That's way cool! But as we've found out in this thread and the many others like it, I have a completely different philosophy about dishing out negative reputation points. Looks like those numbers back that up, big time.

Does any other regular member have as high as even 40% of the rep they've handed out as negative, or do most of yours more mirror the 84/16 of the site as a whole?

I guess you could look at it as way cool if you want.

That'd be a positive outlook on a negative outlook!(but then again you are an ornery sumbitch)

I'd only neg someone if I thought theywere being bullies/rude or unnecessarily critical.

I'd only neg someone if I thought theywere being bullies/rude or unnecessarily critical.
I like you already

I guess my personal 60% counts for a good deal of that 16%? That's way cool!

I have a completely different philosophy about dishing out negative reputation points.
Two things here:
One is that, at least in my case, the majority of the neg rep I have received from you was because I made a spelling/typo mistake or because of semantics. I have to give it to you: like George Bush, love him or hate him, you know what he stands for and you know what you get. I respect that, but what you should respect is that sometimes the spare the rod spoil the child gig is not for all of us. I do not think anyone of us here at MOFO disrespects your cinematic knowledge and professionalism in the film industry, and also the fact that you are a curmudgeon, so to speak. It is who you are and most of us here enjoy that, but I think the respect should be reciprocated, even if only on a personal level.

Secondly:
I enjoy giving pos' rep' more than I do neg' rep', but I also do not think it should be given haphazardly or just for the hell of it.

Either way I think we are all who we are, and to judge someone for being "nice" or "strict/mean" is just silly.

I was gonna make cupcakes for all of you tonight , but I ran out of frosting.....sry.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I think that this is the best advert I've seen to ban negative rep altogether...

If I have a problem with a members post, I'd rather post a reply on the board than to just randomly hand out negative rep… especially without stating a reason why… and when we could hand out rep anonymously, I almost always signed mine -- good or bad.

Yeah, I give out hundreds of negative rep for typos.

Hmmm.... I don't remember if I had a typo or not the time you hit me for accusing you of having something missing between your legs…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My split at the moment is 83.75% positive, and 16.25% negative. I'm a little surprised by my numbers (though I see them often); I would have guessed my split to be a bit more balanced, but I give out a lot of positive rep for user reviews, so I'm guessing that's got a lot to do with it.

I think the overall average is still 90/10.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Wow... 98.74 % positive, 1.26 % negative.

I guess I only take that extra time to award someone when that someone has been a good boy or girl. If I read a post that I disagree with I will probably argue with that person through a reply rather than neg the post since differences in opinions isn't something negative. If I read a bad post, a boring post, I lose my interest too quick to neg rep it.

To neg rep typos is really anal if you ask me. Then again... Holds is probably one of the most anal persons I've ever encountered. He should be proud really.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Well, their testimony is that I give bad rep for typos. I wouldn't put it past me, but I doubt they could cite specific examples, either.

I will most definitely give negative rep for the people who consistently write things like "u" for you, "r" for are, and other annoying text messaging laziness that I find totally repellent in society at large, much less a board I frequent daily.

But that's just me. I'm a different breed of cat.

*MEOW*

I am having a nervous breakdance
Well, their testimony is that I give bad rep for typos. I wouldn't put it past me, but I doubt they could cite specific examples, either.

I will most definitely give negative rep for the people who consistently write things like "u" for you, "r" for are, and other annoying text messaging laziness that I find totally repellent in society at large, much less a board I frequent daily.

But that's just me. I'm a different breed of cat.

*MEOW*

And that's why we all love you so much, Tiger.

Yeah, I give out hundreds of negative rep for typos.

Actually, I doubt that you do this, and I was speaking about only my experience. Surprisingly, I have received more positive rep from you than negative rep, but the positives are so hard to come by. Actually I think, if it is possible, we should make positive rep given by Holden worth like 3 points; one should earn accolades - they should.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
... I'm sitting at exactly a 40/60 split. 40.00% of the reputation I've given is of the positive variety, and 60.00% is of the negative stripe.

To me that feels exactly right...
You're mmmeeeeeeaaannnn! My ratio is 91 to 9, roughly, for the positive/sunshine/cookies). I'm giving you negative rep, to fuel your fire, HP. Objectivity demands it!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Positive: 98.00 %
Negative: 2.00%

Put me in your pocket...
A little late for this, but mine are...

Positive: 95.85%
Negative: 4.15%