Who's got piercings?

Tools    

I've got one, or to be more precise, getting one, the shop's not got any of the next size. I'm doing it because it gives your more options of things to do with a pierced ear but i'm not going crazy, think about 5-6mm is as far as you can go before it reaches the point that they won't shrink back, and i'm probably not going to get a tunnel.

Also, what do y'all call them? Before emo's picked up the fashion i thought they were always called space loops, but now it's flesh tunnel.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
it makes me laugh that in like ten years when these arent in fashion anymore or people who wear them now have grown out of them they're gonna have saggy outstreched earlobes

A system of cells interlinked
No Piercings here...

Tattoos..yes, piercings, no...

it makes me laugh that in like ten years when these arent in fashion anymore or people who wear them now have grown out of them they're gonna have saggy outstreched earlobes
Some plastic surgeon will fix them

Also, what do y'all call them? Before emo's picked up the fashion i thought they were always called space loops, but now it's flesh tunnel.
The only thing I have ever heard them called are ear or flesh tunnels.... I've seen some big enough to put a glass through lately…

My partner has ear tunnels, though not as big as the one in the picture. Although, knowing him, maybe someday he'll be at that stage.

I would never get them - with absolute certainty I say that. I said I wouldn't get a tattoo before and I did. But I can't fathom modifying my ears like that. It is too freaky for me.
I don't think I would ever get them either… each to their own but I'm just not into piercings… but I did the same thing you did -- said I wouldn't get a tattoo… and I did. What is yours of?

Yeah, I thought about that too… but I'm with Nebs… they'll just give the plastic surgeons some more business…

No Piercings here...

Tattoos..yes, piercings, no...

Never even got the one ear back in the day? And tattoo(s)? As in more than one?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I had one piercing.

It was from a frame nailer (old school kind with no safety) that my friend pointed at me and shot. Pierced damn near all the way through my bicep.

Other than that I have none. No tats either though I generally like the way they look. I'm just too noncommittal to any one piece of art.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
tats are hot. i don't like pain either and am also generally noncommittal to one piece of art that must define me in that physical space until The End (or laser removal).

my little brother wanted one of those tunnel thingies. actually at the time he called it a "gauge" ... that the thing they were sticking in there was a gauge.

in some cultures the bigger, fleshier, and longer your ear lobe is, the more wise and attractive and impressive you're supposed to be. it's something an elder would sport, and you aspire to it all your life, putting bigger and bigger rings in there with weights, etc. The point was to get it to sag and hang down as far as possible (ie, by your hips and stuff), not to maintain a key shape.

this is a male thing, by the way. though i'm sure there are cultures where females do it too.

I think those flesh tunnels are quite gross (I don't mean to offend anyone but I really dislike them).

On the other hand, I have my tongue pierced and I used to have one in my upper lip but due to my job I was forced to take all the visible piercings out as well as I have to cover my tattoo

Anyway, I am sure there are people who find tongue piercings gross and I meet them all the time

None, i always wanted one in the upper part of my ear (because my ears aren't symmetrical i wanted to cover it up, but kinda like my ears now) and one in the lip.
Unfortunately, i cant stand people getting pierced. I can stand a lot, but i once watched a friend getting a pair or earrings pierced, and i vomited!

And do check my "art": Deviant

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
never had any piercings... now I'm too old for it to look fashionable... of course I never really felt like having any anyway...

Tattoos on the other hand... I don't have any right now, but I've been debating getting either the Chinese symbol for tiger, or maybe a color one of Hobbes...

Certifiably troglodytic.
never had any piercings... now I'm too old for it to look fashionable... of course I never really felt like having any anyway...

Tattoos on the other hand... I don't have any right now, but I've been debating getting either the Chinese symbol for tiger, or maybe a color one of Hobbes...
You've posed a good point for me here Memnon and I'm interested in what you (and others) think....I'm wondering now how old is "too old" for a dude to have ears pierced? When should he give it up? Since it is the male's physical destiny to succumb to a cartilaginous revolt of bulbous ear lobes and noses in later years, that's obviously a good sign to de-pierce. But at what point beforehand is it not fashionable?

You've posed a good point for me here Memnon and I'm interested in what you (and others) think....I'm wondering now how old is "too old" for a dude to have ears pierced? When should he give it up? Since it is the male's physical destiny to succumb to a cartilaginous revolt of bulbous ear lobes and noses in later years, that's obviously a good sign to de-pierce. But at what point beforehand is it not fashionable?
I think it mostly depends on what you look like, not only if you look old or not, but what kind op person you are. I cant blaim a 70 year old Harley Biker for having piercings (and if i did, they would beat the crap out of me. At least In holland, we got them hells angels) but if you are en 40+ business man with some very important customers, i would do it. It all depends on image, and your state of being, and most of all on how old you feel you are.

If you want me to 'judge' id be happy to help you

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I think it mostly depends on what you look like, not only if you look old or not, but what kind op person you are. I cant blaim a 70 year old Harley Biker for having piercings (and if i did, they would beat the crap out of me. At least In holland, we got them hells angels) but if you are en 40+ business man with some very important customers, i would do it. It all depends on image, and your state of being, and most of all on how old you feel you are.

If you want me to 'judge' id be happy to help you
Me... I'm 37 and do work in a "professional" environment, but there are other guys here that have a stud in an ear... of course they are younger, but whatever... My thoughts on when I said I was too old for that was more me thinking about how that had never been my thing in the past, and I just don't see myself even feeling like it would be a good idea... maybe I'm just a proverbial "old dog".