What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

K, got a bulk today. In 3 for £20, got Performance, The Apartment and Maltese Falcon 2 disc, as well as Death Wish, The Crying Game, Lawrence of Arabia, Sunset Boulevard, Harvey, The Third Man and Marathon Man. Several were prompted from the Afi Lists, if it wasn't obvious.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Death Wish stands out

(It topped the 'Laughs' list didn't it?)

Why? Cause I used to watch these episodes maybe 15 years back in re-runs. I really enjoyed the series, especially that it actually had a series ender.

Just got the original Halloween on DVD... I dared to say it wasn't a classic so I'm gonna watch it tonite and see for myself... again.

Just got the original Halloween on DVD... I dared to say it wasn't a classic so I'm gonna watch it tonite and see for myself... again.
Was it the double disc set Poweredwater?

Lost in never never land
28 Days Later

Why: When I originally watched it I thought that it was an okay film, not that great. But recently I have started to like that type of film more, so I decided to get the DVD of it and rewatch it.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

I bought a some two-fers at Wally World:

I Walked With A Zombie/The Body Snatcher

Bedlam/Isle Of The Dead

Cat People/Curse Of The Cat People

Why? Isn't it obvious? I love Val Lewton! (Not to mention Robert Wise and Jacques Tourneur)

And what did you think? It's one of my favorite horror movies.

Beware The Probe!

Time travel with a gold pocket watch.

Had to get it when I saw it today.
I used to love the series when I was a teenager.
I was hoping there would have been more than one season but sadly, the main actor died in a stupid game of Russian Roulette with a blank gun back in '84.

I have never seen that series It never came here at all was it good?

Beware The Probe!
I have never seen that series It never came here at all was it good?
I did like it way back then as a kid but when I do get around to watching it now I'm sure I'll find it a little hokey and very dated since it was from back in '83-84.
Pretty much everything I see from back then seems a little corny when I watch it now (as much as I loved Greatest American Hero I do roll my eyes and groan when I watch it now too).

Still, like Time Tunnel or Quantum Leap it was a TV series about time travel so I was immediately hooked.
Where Quantum Leap could only use history within Sam Beckett's lifetime the Voyagers could go to anytime before 1970 and only a glitch in the Omni time-piece made the Voyager first meet up with the kid in 1983. The idea being they wanted to get the kid back to his own time (just like Sam Beckett) even though their time machine shouldn't allow that period to be travelled to.

It was also a pretty educational show if I remember correctly.
I think there was usually a segment at the end with the kid talking about the history of the historical characters or situations in each episode and then a plug about reading history books at the library or something.

I think I just drooled an itty bitty bit on my keyboard.
And yeah, Escape...
You can burn it next time I'm over.

Vacancy....sigh....well ..uh......can I have my 14.99 back?

Was not a terrible movie, ...............but was kinda a C- film.. .....ughhhh. My money was feels misused.