Last.fm

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Anyone here a member?

It's a specifically tailored internet radio station/networking site which is supposed to give you similar artists to what you're listening to at the moment - it tracks what you're playing on your PC or, in my case, media centre. MySpace without the crap, anyone?

I only took the plunge a few, bored days ago and it seems quite good, if a little on the quiet side for forum activity.

Check it out if you're interested -

Link

Wikipedia link

My name there is spagbol. Fly me...

Yeah I have an account. I never had or liked the idea of Myspace, facebook or other things like that but Last.fm is really cool.

http://www.last.fm/user/Mavra/

Seen it on friends computer but never bit into it. Shame that got internet on one computer and music library on other.

PT - Get a USB hard drive. I picked up a 320gig in Currys a few months ago for 50 quid. If you've got an old HD laying around it's even cheaper 'cos you just need to buy an enclosure.

Taxi Driver & B-card - Prepare to be added by an old bloke who's getting sick of 'Last.fm does not have that particular song' messages. :s

My addy - http://www.last.fm/user/spagbol/

Got a 200 gig one with all my music already on, just don't listen to music on the computer atm, unless im on PS2, which is very rare and also in a different room.

I have an account: my account is "incognitive" and I listen to all kinds of music, unfortunately I don't have friends so if you want to add me as a friend go ahead.
Mostly listen to jack johnson type stuff and some rnb/hip hop on the rare occasion.

Thanks for that Tatty I will sign up later today not sure if anyone would like my taste in music as I am stuck in the 70's

nebbs, a lot of my musical tastes stem from the 70s...though it is the experimental, psychedelia, rock genre - Zappa, Beefheart, etc.

nebbs, a lot of my musical tastes stem from the 70s...though it is the experimental, psychedelia, rock genre - Zappa, Beefheart, etc.
You forgot Throbbing Gristle!

I've seen Genesis P-Orridge live so .

yes Throbbing Gristle

You've seen them live? - lucky bastard!

Tac- I am surprised that our music taste says "low" because you have some bands/musicians on there that I really love...Nick Cave, Billy Bragg, Bowie, Lennon, plus more...maybe if I scrobble more of those musicians our taste will be closer...ya think? likely...don't matter though I guess lol. I often listen to music on vinyl so this could explain it. When I do listen to music online it is either the lastfm "artists that sound like thing" or the few songs I have on media player...maybe I'll upload some cd's later...anyway

yes Throbbing Gristle

You've seen them live? - lucky bastard!
Sadly no. It was at a Psychic TV reunion that the wife dragged me along to years ago in London. I hear that The Throbbs are back together, though.

Tac- I am surprised that our music taste says "low" because you have some bands/musicians on there that I really love...Nick Cave, Billy Bragg, Bowie, Lennon, plus more...maybe if I scrobble more of those musicians our taste will be closer...ya think? likely...don't matter though I guess lol. I often listen to music on vinyl so this could explain it. When I do listen to music online it is either the lastfm "artists that sound like thing" or the few songs I have on media player...maybe I'll upload some cd's later...anyway
I listen to all my music now (after spending days ripping individual CDs to a hard drive) by streaming from the PC to my TV's surround speakers via a modded Xbox (a £35 Media Centre? Whoda thunk it!) which automatically tells Last.fm what I've been listening to.

It'll probably take a while before my 'true' taste kicks in because every album that I listen to now goes straight to near the top of my personal chart.

Here's mine! Destiny4

My choices for user-name were all picked over.

I made this the other night, after my You-Tube issue. I fixed that problem, but I may as well try this out.