What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

all for $80.00

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I bought Jesus Christ Superstar 2000, Odyssey Five and 4400 for a friend of mine for Christmas. They were all things I'd enjoyed. I thought he would too. I rarely buy DVD's to own and gather dust. I buy them only for others or to share with others as I have a number of friends who share DVD's around.

Letters from Iwo Jima
MY GRADE: A-

Fay Grim

Prince of the City

Straight Time
MY GRADE: A

Hell & Highwater
MY GRADE: C

Big Jim McLain
MY GRADE: F+
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Why do all DVD's now come with that stupid cardboard sleeve that most people just throw away anyways?
aaaaghhhhhhhhhh "throw away"....Im the guy who sifts through the entire rack to find the one with perfect corners and no scratches!

but good point, I don't know why all new releases come with them nowadays...must be some sort of marketing data telling them they will sell more

Horrorphiliac

CSI season 4 box 1
CSI season 5 box 1

My friend Geert and i felt like watching it, so we bought a new box

And do check my "art": Deviant

The Halloween Box Set.....because I love all the old school horror movies. Now I have Freddy, Jason, Chucky and now Michael. I have the chainsaws also....but not really into those as much.

Zombie (1980) Starring: Ugo Bologna, Al Cliver

Why? Because it was on my husband's list of stuff he wanted and Father's Day is coming up. I got him a lot of stuff but this was the only DVD.

The Halloween Box Set.....because I love all the old school horror movies. Now I have Freddy, Jason, Chucky and now Michael. I have the chainsaws also....but not really into those as much.
do you have your collection listed anywhere online?? dvdaficionado??

last movie was Click

I just ordered my 300 collector's edition Tin that I will be getting on August 8. It's going to be soooo good. I went for just the 2 disc dvd tin for $29AUS but they're offering a tin that holds the 2 discs as well as the book for $40AUS. I know I won't have the time to read the book but am looking forward to the 300 special features disc

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
I like that one a lot! Maybe I should put it on my list!
It is a bad film in terms of acting, plot etc. However you can't help but smile when you watch it. Sly Stallone makes a fool out of himself as Machine Gun Joe Viterbo and David Carradine (Bill from Kill Bill) plays an odd character wearing a gimp suit . Also there is a sub-plot to the race which is mildly interesting.

Also its full of gratuitous tit shots, which is almost a given for a film of this caliber and type.

Also during the race the drivers get points for killing pedestrians. Here is the score table to give you a feel for the film:
  • Male adult: 20
  • Male teenager: 40
  • Male infant/toddler: 70
  • Female (any age): 10 more than men in any age bracket
  • Senior citizen (regardless of gender): 100
This was Sly Stallone's 9th film. Be kind to him!

8 out of 10 for trying.

And remember, seniors are worth 100 points this year!!

Gratuitous tit shot!

Exactly! I first saw it at the beach as a teen. I never knew movies like this existed before that. It was a wonderful trip! I found the concept way out there and very amusing.

A system of cells interlinked

Because it was 11 bucks and I wuv my wittle scrunchy nose Veronica...