My first videolog

Tools    

One bright day i decided to make a videolog, but it isnt that populair. So please view and tell me what to change!

btw: i know i speak english like a 70year old guy!

And do check my "art": Deviant

Okay, you asked for comments on your videoblog, so I thought I'd give you some as a fellow Dutchy.

First of all: I think you showed a lot of courage making this blog. Most people talk about it, think about it, watch blogs, but never make one. I myself am one of them. I watch a lot of videoblogs but never made (nor will make) one myself.

So... what I like in a vidblog..
- People who have something interesting to say or a talent to show. Basically blogs where people say that 'they have nothing to say' aren't very interesting at all. It wouldn't make sense to begin a conversation when you have nothing to say, would it?

- A video blog also has to have some 'speed'. You can achieve this by making hard-cuts to different shots (or transitions | but hard cuts are preferred by me), and you can try to change the camera view, subject or even put in some text or music. When I come across a 'slow' videoblogger I normally hit the back-button and select another blog.

I hope you can do something with my commentary!

I actually liked it, but at the same time did not. Does that make sense? I felt that you were trying to be yourself, but tried a bit too hard. Could be that I am wrong cause I am an American Wanker after all. Seriously though I agree with ivolution in that you have the guts to make one and that trumps everything else ....good job.

at least u actually put ur face on youtube

my cousins and i made some movies, and i tried to put a movie on called "Chat Room", but when i did my cousin that was the main character would not stop bugging me til i took it off (even though she said i could put it on)

ok this is what happend last week:

i was moving the lawn when i found a ring i lost months ago. anything interesting or do i have to talk about sex?

I dont have an exciting life i think. Or im just not able to share it. Any things i could talk about?

Off course you don't have to talk about (or brag about) sex. On the short term it may look like a good subject to talk about, but in the long run it'll probably annoy you and you will regret posting the vids. The Daily little things in life (like finding a ring) may be quite good to talk about, but it doesn't need be the only thing discussed in one vid.
imho I think you should try to begin with posting replies to other vids on youtube. That way you will have a subject (the vid you're replying to), and you can learn along the way what to vlog about and what not. Plus your vids will be watched at least one time by the maker of the vid you are replying to.. And most likely he/she will give feedback to your vid. Hope this tips may help a bit.. Keep us posted!

Off course you don't have to talk about (or brag about) sex. On the short term it may look like a good subject to talk about, but in the long run it'll probably annoy you and you will regret posting the vids. The Daily little things in life (like finding a ring) may be quite good to talk about, but it doesn't need be the only thing discussed in one vid.
imho I think you should try to begin with posting replies to other vids on youtube. That way you will have a subject (the vid you're replying to), and you can learn along the way what to vlog about and what not. Plus your vids will be watched at least one time by the maker of the vid you are replying to.. And most likely he/she will give feedback to your vid. Hope this tips may help a bit.. Keep us posted!
Thanks for the tips, the sex was just a joke actually For the past few weeks ive been commenting on other vids, so i hope replies will come soon.

I'll tape a new one in a few days i think

Well both actually.
I initially started my videolog because of a movie one of my friends posted, not the log itself, but one of the previous vids in which i try to prove i talk like a brit, and his accent sucks

but why should i post a videocomment when its not really a comment on the video itself? Sounds kind of cheap.
Ive been posting a lot of textreplies, though

Why don't you talk about your opinions on a topic of your choice. Perhaps something in the media or something philosophical, for example. I get that video logs are supposed to capture your life at the moment, but moods and opinions are just as much a part of your life as well. You could record yourself when you are pissed off about something you hear in the media, or when you get into a debate with someone else about the meaning of life...etc. Or you could talk about how much you hate or enjoy a movie or a band, etc. I bet many people aren't interested in doodles on your shoes. Your friends maybe, but beyond that?

I remember my brother and I filmed ourselves playing table tennis outside and my brother fell over our dog. That was really popular because we played table tennis well for about a four minute rally and it ended with him on his ass.

Sorry for bumping this thread up again, but I've been away from home for quite a while, and I was delighted to see another post in this thread!

@VeronicaJ: The second videoblog is so much more interesting than the first one! I'd say: keep up the blogging and show us more of your vids!

Ronnie I your accent, love the shoes waiting on the next one