28 Weeks later

Tools    

After seeing the trailer, I really want to see this movie. Anybody else interested? Looks better than the upcoming crappy resident evil movie.

In the Beginning...
I think I'm interested as long as I can distance myself from the idea that this is a sequel to 28 Days Later. Based on the trailer, it seems this is a bigger-budget romp with none of the subtle intensity and suggestion of inherently brutal human behavior (infected or not) that was at the center of the first film. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a fun, scary zombie flick. It's just that, if given the opportunity to see a sequel to Danny Boyle's, I'd want it to retain all the thematic and cinematographic qualities of its predecessor.

(And it wasn't even written by Alex Garland! )

Well, looks like a great film has now become just the first installment of a lame franchise. No characters from the first movie, no Danny Boyle, and no Alex Garland. All we have is the number 28, and the word "later". I really don't want to see this movie.

I don't know if I'll see it or not, if only because I'm not huge on horror films these days, but one thing kept going through my mind while watching the trailer yesterday: these guys really know what they're doing. It looks like they've greated a very realistic, horrifying atmosphere for these films to exist in.

You ready? You look ready.
I'm surprised how much I liked 28 Days Later, so I do plan on catching this one. Looks to be, so far, a decent sequel.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

In the Beginning...
Well, looks like a great film has now become just the first installment of a lame franchise. No characters from the first movie, no Danny Boyle, and no Alex Garland. All we have is the number 28, and the word "later". I really don't want to see this movie.
While I won't condemn this sequel just yet, I have to agree with you. I had the same feeling about the first Pirates of the Caribbean film. Not that it's as much a social commentary as 28 Days Later, of course -- but it was, in my view, a singular experience. It turned every ounce of its concept potential into reality, to the point where any sequel would be just unnecessary runoff. Not only was Dead Man's Chest unnecessary, but for me, it drains in some way the freshness and magic of the first film, simply by hanging slugglishly off its back. And I don't want to see the same thing happen to 28 Days Later.

Oh, and it seems Danny Boyle and Alex Garland are involved, in an executive producer capacity. To what extent they've been physically involved, however, is unclear.

I say I really don't want to see this movie, but I probably will at some point (at the cinema or on DVD, I don't know). I'll see what the word is when it's released, but I very much doubt I'll like it.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I was very disappointed with the first film so I doubt I'll see this one. I really liked the premise but the execution of it was not pleasing to me.

I say I really don't want to see this movie, but I probably will at some point (at the cinema or on DVD, I don't know). I'll see what the word is when it's released, but I very much doubt I'll like it.
Guess what, I saw 28 Weeks Later last week. And I actually really liked it.

You ready? You look ready.
28 Weeks Later was good but, not as good as the first. The franchise has yet to disappoint me, however, and I've made a friend of mine a fan of it. Can't wait till the next one.