Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by fbi
i usually finish movies and give them a chance but some were just too rubbish.

1) master and commnader. oh please. this is so overrated. critics call this intelligent? it was just plain boring with no clear storyline.

2) solorais( george clooney film. hope i spelt it right). boring and just sucked.

3) mr and mrs smith. what the hell was going on?
Re: Master and Commander - May have been overhyped, but it was well played and captured what it was like to be out on that vessel for so long. So what part of the story wasn't clear? It was rather obvious to me, especially with the written exposition at the start of the film, telling the audience what was going on. If this film confused you, stay away from Lynch.

Re: Solaris:
GREAT stuff. Sure it was paced slowly, but it brought up a ton of interesting issues to chew on, for me anyway.

Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith: Another film that exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations. The whole thing was a metaphor for the trials of marriage. I take it you aren't married? I really expected to hate this film, but, alas, I watch it whenever i can catch it...

i really despised:
hostel
saw 1, 2 ,3- actually didn't see 3
the hulk
and bewitched

-The Breakfast Club

Open Water

Jurasic Park 3, I did fall asleep in the cinema, then, wanted to see the end, I did fall asleep watching it home at DVD again

Stepford Wives, with Nicole Kidman My how that woman is piling up flops. Hopefully, her movie Invasion with Daniel Craig is good.

Me Love You Long Time.
Babel-Useless couldnt watch the last 30min.
Smokin Ace-BORING first 20 to 30 were ok.

I have to agree with thaneck, the last half hour of babel was torture. I'm not sure if they could have possibly made the ending any longer. I almost thought I was watching the guardian with how many different angles of the rescue helicopter they showed

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Originally Posted by Sedai

Re: Solaris:
GREAT stuff. Sure it was paced slowly, but it brought up a ton of interesting issues to chew on, for me anyway.
Does it? I've not seen it but I heard that it loses those ontological discussions from the original and emphasises the romance aspect...

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Nexus
Does it? I've not seen it but I heard that it loses those ontological discussions from the original and emphasises the romance aspect...
Huh? Hardly any, if any at all, romance. Watch it, it's a well done film.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Originally Posted by Sedai
Huh? Hardly any, if any at all, romance. Watch it, it's a well done film.
Ah, that's good. I was worried they had Hollywoodized it.

Originally Posted by Johnners
Scary Movie 3 was absolutely awful, it started bad and seemed to get worse from there so I turned it off after about half an hour.
I laughed my ass off. But then again, I'm a huge Zucker fan, back to their Naked Gun/Police Squad days.

"Everyone you love around you is dying!"

I could not get into The Science of Sleep... I netflixed it because I love Gael Garcia Bernal and it was directed by Michael Gondry... for several days, I had the movie in my possession and I couldn't finish it. I started watching it at night and it literally put me to sleep! I remember drifting off somewhere after Gael walked around naked in a scene. My dream continued from there and it was very much like the movie, though more X rated.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I know some people love it, but I just couldn't finish Dark Star. But I think it is one of those films that is funnier afterwards than while you are watching it.

I came very close to switching off Kill Bill as well. Not sure I will bother with Vol2 anyway...does that mean I haven't finished the movie?

In general, though, I think you have to watch a film all the way through before you have the right to slate it, even if it is obviously rubbish from the start. Sometimes I have felt like switching off after 20 mins, but carried on watching and the film is now one of my favourites (12 Monkeys, Breaking the Waves, Way Down East are some examples) so I try to give films a fair shot.

In the Beginning...
I came very close to switching off Kill Bill as well. Not sure I will bother with Vol2 anyway...does that mean I haven't finished the movie?
I think you'd be happier with Volume 2. It's not like Volume 1 at all: very slow, internal, with an emphasis on emotional value rather than "in-your-face" Tarantino style. I look at both volumes together with a "yin-yang" sort of perspective; and although neither section is a favorite of mine, I much prefer the second one.

And no, you haven't finished the film yet.

Originally Posted by Nexus
I think the Solaris remake re-channels the ontological discussion by way of romantic connection (and the idea of memory), which I think makes the whole film's premise much more accessible and effective.

SAW III - I went to see it on valentines day with my boyfriend (after a lovely dinner) and right from the start the movie just couldn't make me enthousiastic, its overdone, seen it all before, not original anymore.

And do check my "art": Deviant

Running with Scissors. boooring