What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Bullitt. I don't think that needs any explanation.

OSS 117: Nest of Spies
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Children of Men
I really want to get this on DVD, but i HATE the cover. It looks awful, like some graphic designer straight out of university has butchered it together on his lap top, whilst drunk and riding a horse. YUK.

I'm gonna wait to see what the cover looks like when it's released in the States.

Make your own cover. I thought the movie poster with the fetus with an all-black background was a decent idea but executed dully. The only one I've seen that I came close to liking was the British Quad, click HERE. That's the one I've printed up for my DVD. Whatever.

It is a pretty bare-bones disc, but what I care most about at this point is having the movie itself. I'll happily buy a better edition down the line.

A system of cells interlinked

5 bucks each. Underworld is a bit...silly, but I will pay five bucks to watch Seline in here little suit...especially since she also is OUT of the suit for a short time...

Memoirs speaks for itself....especially for 5 bucks...

Children of Men
How and where did you score this disc?

Children of Men was released this week in the U.K. As I have a major credit card, a mailing address and a region-free DVD player it was a fairly simple transaction.

A system of cells interlinked
Ahhh, I had forgotten you had the region free player. I need to get me one of those... Any recommendation on a model that is a solid yet affordable unit? Just came into a little money, so, now might be the time...

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I really want to get this on DVD, but i HATE the cover. It looks awful, like some graphic designer straight out of university has butchered it together on his lap top, whilst drunk and riding a horse. YUK.

I'm gonna wait to see what the cover looks like when it's released in the States.
here we have this cover

I find the idea of making your own DVD covers exciting. I've never done that before. Maybe I should try.

Originally Posted by Sedai

5 bucks each. Underworld is a bit...silly, but I will pay five bucks to watch Seline in here little suit...especially since she also is OUT of the suit for a short time...
Underworld aint silly.. but i have to admit, for Beckinsale, i'd be gay for a day

And do check my "art": Deviant

Originally Posted by VeronicaJ
Underworld aint silly.. but i have to admit, for Beckinsale, i'd be gay for a day
Intriguing. I've been gay for 8 years + the time I spent denying it/unaware of it, and she couldn't make me straight for half a second.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Intriguing. I've been gay for 8 years + the time I spent denying it/unaware of it, and she couldn't make me straight for half a second.
She can't? I've been straight for all my life but she is like the most sexy woman on earth. For one day i'd change my preference. But when i look at hot guys (ie my boyfriend) i fully understand why im straight. Maybe im just aware of the fact other women can be extremely hot and sexy, but guys are sexy from the star because theyre guys? I dont really know, i think.

I just bought The Four Feathers for €4,99

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I find the idea of making your own DVD covers exciting. I've never done that before. Maybe I should try.
Have a look on this site, I've got a few replacement covers from here, There are usually a few variations with the artwork too.

Just bought Dara O'Briain Live At The Theatre Royal (£7.99 @ Somerfields)

Lets put a smile on that block
Make your own cover. I thought the movie poster with the fetus with an all-black background was a decent idea but executed dully. The only one I've seen that I came close to liking was the British Quad, click HERE. That's the one I've printed up for my DVD. Whatever.
Originally Posted by B-card
here we have this cover
It is a pretty bare-bones disc, but what I care most about at this point is having the movie itself. I'll happily buy a better edition down the line.
I loved the image of the fetus with the black background, even though it was a bit '2001'. But i agree, the Quad image - and B cards, is the best for the cover. So i might wait until it comes out in the States to buy it, i'll just rent it for now.
As for making my own covers, i would happily do that, i used to do that all the time. Unfortunatly it is such a fist to print off good images from my printer that i just can't be bothered. I'll wait until i get something better.

Originally Posted by diamondgeeza
Have a look on this site
Excellent site. Foreign countries (foreign to me, maybe not to you) make the best DVD covers.

The Goonies. It was $5.99 on sale and I just had to have it for the collection.

There are those who call me...Tim.
A bunch of Bruce Lee DVD's off eBay for £25. Now I find out if my DVD is region free, and if my TV can actually display the images properly...

Damn you compulsive buying!!

[EDIT]
I should probably actually tell you what they were...

1. Fist of Fury (精武门) (No English Audio, only English subtitles)

2. Way of the Dragon (猛龙过江) (No English Audio, only English subtitles)

3. Game of Death (死亡游戏)

4. Enter the Dragon (龙争虎斗)

5. The Big Boss (唐山大兄)

6. Bruce Lee First of Fury (死亡塔)

7. Jeet Kune Do (李小龙之截拳道)

8. Bruce Lee the Man & the Legend (李小龙之生与死上)

9. Bruce Lee the Man & the Legend (李小龙之生与死下)

10. Bruce Lee Forever Light (永恒巨星李小龙)

11. Complete Bruce Lee Movie Extras (李小龙电影全集精彩花絮)

12. Orphan (孤星血泪)only Japanese/Chinese subtitles

13. Small Brother Cheung (细路祥)only Japanese/Chinese subtitles

14. Spark Of Hope (苦海明灯)only Japanese/Chinese subtitles

15. A Myriad Family (千万人家)only Japanese/Chinese subtitles

16. ULTIMATE COLLECTION ACCESSING (李小龙追悼秘藏访谈)only Japanese/Chinese subtitles

Sherrybaby

This Film Is Not Yet Rated

And speaking of This Film is Not Yet Rated, check out THIS piece from Variety. Looks like the movie and the attention it got finally got some changes instituted. Certainly a step in the right direction, assuming they actually implement them.