Panic Attack!

Tools    

Well time for me to unload.

I just had a minor panic attack, something that hasn't happened in a very long time and only three other times that I can remember. I haven't pinpoint the cause yet, but holiday stress is definitely one factor, from my posts before you may be able to infer what the other contributing factors may be. I'm not sure why I am posting this, I think a lot of it has to do with the overwhelming amount of support others have shown in times of crisis, I guess I just need to be "talked down." When this has happened before the feeling usually lasts a few days, some restless sleep and a bit of hermiting usually helps.

I really want a drink right now, just a shot to calm me or a glass of wine to mellow me out. I have been chain smoking for the last hour or so, bad because I quit just over a year ago, but good because it keeps me from engaging in primal scream therapy and I have neighbors with sensitive ears

I ask for a kind word, that's it. No counseling no delving into my psyche, just say something nice. It will be appreciated very much.

This too shall pass...
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

I would scream anyway, even if you have to put a pillow over your mouth, its fun and helps. Best wishes.

I think I probably have an anxiety disorder, too, but I've never been checked out. Never had a panic attack... at least, I don't think I have.

have you visited witchy today???
i know how you feel..............i haven't slept for weeks worrying about crap.

hope you feel better soon. do you have holidays or are you working at x-mas??

maybe take some time to do something you enjoy or want to do???

monkey business

Don't let things get you down too much. We all love you here, O. Things just wouldn't be the same without you!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted.

Originally Posted by Othelo
I really want a drink right now, just a shot to calm me or a glass of wine to mellow me out. I have been chain smoking for the last hour or so, bad because I quit just over a year ago, but good because it keeps me from engaging in primal scream therapy and I have neighbors with sensitive ears
Drinking is gooood.... if I've had a couple of drinks, I am totally relaxed and at peace with the world. I will open up and talk up a storm, might start dancing...

Thanks all. It has begun to dissipate somewhat, it was only a minor one so the effects shouldn't be long lasting.

SC I'm not sure if it is Anxiety Disorder, but I do have them, just rarely. I'm a pretty calm guy and most times handle stress well. Just something about moving home, all the new things in my life and the holidays colluded to make me temporarily insane.

It was quite scary.

And yes SC I agree alcohol (in moderation) does do wonders.

Originally Posted by lady-p
maybe take some time to do something you enjoy or want to do???
Actually that is part of the problem....nuff said.

glad you are feeling better

alcohol is good... i would recomend some cocktails and a good movie! i'm sure someone on here can recomend one!!!

Oh movies aren't a problem I have plenty on hand. I need some one on one time with the missus some one on one time with the kid and some family time as well. Feeling better still but still not sleeping well. I'll crash soon, and then it will all be good.

Originally Posted by lady-p
alcohol is good... i would recomend some cocktails and a good movie! i'm sure someone on here can recomend one!!!
I find that beer consumption (lots of it) makes one a happier drunk. Cocktails make me sleepy and I tend to miss out on things.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I find that beer consumption (lots of it) makes one a happier drunk. Cocktails make me sleepy and I tend to miss out on things.

fair enough.... i enjoy lots of beer too..............but, it does make me need to pee a lot as i have to drink way more to get pissed compared with only a few coacktails

I'm a mixer, a shot here a beer there. Whiskey or Jag and a nice big mug o Bass Ale make for a very happy Othelo. (on and by the way for all those Lit majors out there the misspelling is intentional)