Killer Creatures:

Tools    

Name some of your favorite, to least favorite, killer creature flicks.

I love many. A few for now are . . .

There aren't many that I hate. The first that comes to mind is . . .

Favourites would include, Cujo, The Birds, Jaws, Tremors, Piranha ('Cos its funny!) and They Nest.

Not so good, Arachnophobia, Eight Legged Freaks, Monkey Shines and of course Anaconda!!

The original Jaws (1975) is the only bonafide grade-A classic piece of cinema. But another one I like that is vastly underrated and too often forgotten is The Edge (1997). I like Sam Fuller's White Dog (1982), much more than Cujo certainly. Arachnophobia (1990) is fun for what it is, and if you want to start including mutated beasts the first Tremors (1990) is a terrific B-movie.

But most are just ridiculous garbage, and not even unintentionally fun.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
I love The Edge! Good performances in that film...

I have only caught a few scenes from The Edge on TV. I will get that one soon. It did seem like a real good movie.
I have had many people recommend Piranha. I will check into that as well.
I love Tremors, and Arachnophobia.
I have never heard of White Dog, The Host, and I'm not sure about They Nest. That one sounds familiar. I have the rest, as I love this type of movie. In time, I will check them all out.
I also love Tarantula, which Clint Eastwood has a very bit part in . . .

but it is only available on VHS, for 48.99. I don't think so!
Also, Dan Haggerty in the made for TV movie, Terror Out of the Sky. It had only been available as a used VHS, for roughly 45-50 dollars. I just found out last night, that it is out on DVD, December 25th, for 5.98.

The bear from The Edge, for sure. That thing was vicious, to say the least. I bought that movie for my mom and dad for Christmas this year. Also the shark from Jaws. That was pretty hungry as well. Also any creature that kills for the sake of killing, not so much for food, but just because they enjoy killing are my favorites as well.

The Edge, Jaws, and Tremors are all atop my list for favourite creature feature...some of the other include:

Horrorphiliac

Alligator was awesome, but the "walk the plank" scene definately traumatized the hell out of me as a kid. I wouldn't get in a pool at night for a very long time!

love peace and chicken grease
my fav are jaws,jurassic park,arachnophobia,aliens and cujo

my least fav are lake placid,anaconda and tremors
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

So many good movies, so little time.
I kind of liked those cute little guys from The Descent

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The original Jaws (1975) is the only bonafide grade-A classic piece of cinema. But another one I like that is vastly underrated and too often forgotten is The Edge (1997). I like Sam Fuller's White Dog (1982), much more than Cujo certainly. Arachnophobia (1990) is fun for what it is, and if you want to start including mutated beasts the first Tremors (1990) is a terrific B-movie.

But most are just ridiculous garbage, and not even unintentionally fun.
The Edge is a freakin' bomb-bomb movie. Whoever has not seen this, make your life better and see it. Dag'um. Seriously, I think I might go rent that later.

Good call Mr. Pike, good freakin' call.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Agreed. The Edge is a very good, and relatively unknown movie. Loved it when I first saw it in theatre.

As for these dudes........how can you not love them.

I would have to say John Carpenters, "The Thing" scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Still a bit creepy now too.

Originally Posted by nebbit
Day of the Triffids

Pic looks cool but i'm thinking B Movie.

Visit my movie forum below made 4U!
I think Jaws, Deep Blue Sea and Open Water (the part especially where th guy puts his mask on and the minute he puts his head underwater there was a shark staring right at him) scared the crap out of me back in the day. Lake Placid too!!

Stuff like that kinda makes me wonder what people can dump into lakes and hence the reason i have issues swimming in deep water in lakes.

Umm I dunno if the mutants from Doom count.
Heh. Killer.