What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Flying Dragon, Leaping Tiger For my brother (its some special holiday in Holland and Belgium, comparable to your Santa Claus)

and A few Dollars More for my dad

And do check my "art": Deviant

The Conformist

"Saturday Night Live" COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
The Conformist is out.... Awesome. I really want to see this movie....

Dec. 1, 2006
Dolores Claiborne (1995)
Brewster's Millions (1985)
When a Stranger Calls (1979)
Candyman (1992)
As Good as It Gets (1997)
8 Mile (2002)
Tales from the Crypt Presents: Demon Knight (1995)
Hellraiser 3: Hell on Earth (1992)
Kill! - The Criterion Collection (1968)
Bad Timing - The Criterion Collection (1980)
Kagemusha - The Criterion Collection (1980)
Zehr's $2.99, $6.98, $9.88, $9.99, $9.88, $6.98, $6.98, $6.88
Ebay $18.99, $22.99, $23.99

Dec. 4, 2006
Ran - The Criterion Collection (1985)
Blue Velvet (1986)
The Last Seduction (1994)
Phantasm IV: Oblivion (1998)
Ebay $30.88 - DeepdiscountDVD.ca $10.11, $4.86, $10.92

Dec. 5, 2006
Man Bites Dog - The Criterion Collection (1992)
Stranger Than Paradise (1983)
Ebay $50 for the both of them

Horrorphiliac

Originally Posted by jrs
I see someone is slowly converting their dvds to hi def. Damn seems like such a waste of money doing it all over again.

Also, thought you were not getting into the blu rays jrs. Thought you were hi def only since you figure them on winning the battle?

Originally Posted by Escape
I see someone is slowly converting their dvds to hi def.

Also, thought you were not getting into the blu rays jrs. Thought you were hi def only since you figure them on winning the battle?
1. I am still collecting DVDs
2. I own HD-DVD drive for HD-DVDs and my Playstation 3 plays Blu-Ray

Not everything is on both HD and Blu-Ray. I played a Blu-Ray disc and the quality? Outstanding. Both Blu-Ray and HD are worth it. The difference is with the extras though. HDs are much, MUCH more interactive.

Damn seems like such a waste of money doing it all over again.
That's what I used to think.

Originally Posted by jrs
I played a Blu-Ray disc and the quality? Outstanding.
Yeah,so is the PS3 graphics compared to the x box 360 cause of that blue ray technology in their system. I had no idea it would effect the games till I saw a PS3 game and inquired why it was so much better there.

And by you saying outstanding, your saying that the sharpness of a blue ray is better than hi def picture wise right?

And you still think hi-def will eventually win this battle?

Yeah,so is the PS3 graphics compared to the x box 360 cause of that blue ray technology in their system. I had no idea it would effect the games till I saw a PS3 game and inquired why it was so much better there.

And by you saying outstanding, your saying that the sharpness of a blue ray is better than hi def picture wise right?

And you still think hi-def will eventually win this battle?
I own a X-Box 360 and the games look sweet. I don't have any games for the PS3 as of yet.

As for saying outstanding I mean that it is well, outstanding. Both Blu-Ray and HD beat DVD in every sense of the word of quality when it comes to watching a feature film.

When comparing the two now that I have both.... the so called "battle" doesn't seem necessary. I mean I believe they both can co-exist because they are equally exillerating.

Originally Posted by jrs
I own a X-Box 360 and the games look sweet. I don't have any games for the PS3 as of yet.
PS3, as I was watching people play it in video game shops, looks so much more crisp and detailed. Blue-ray was one of the answers I got when I asked why anyways. I dunno. The upcoming Starwars game looks sweet for the x-box 360 though. Very, very sweet.

People online more positive of HD-DVD

A new study compiled of 17,664 postings on social media sites, blogs and discussion boards between Oct. 1 and Thanksgiving shows that HD-DVD is winning more hearts compared with Blu-ray.

"The report compiled by Cymfony Inc., a Watertown, Mass.-based market analytics firm, found that positive online discussions about HD DVD were 46% greater than Blu-ray" according to Home Media Retailing.

The report also shows that gamers might in fact hold Blu-ray as a negative thing when it comes to the PlayStation 3.

"Sony forces you to buy Blu-ray," read a post at forums.adventuregamers.com. "MS doesn't force you to buy HD DVD. It's about giving the consumer options."

More numbers from the study can be found here.
Source: DVD Town

i just bought this indian film dvd. its cool. i juts heard it from a friend of mine that movies from india is called BOLLYWOOD...

Originally Posted by jrs
[b]People online more positive of HD-DVD"Sony forces you to buy Blu-ray," read a post at forums.adventuregamers.com. "MS doesn't force you to buy HD DVD. It's about giving the consumer options."
This doesnt make sense. Mirosoft's X box can only play HD dvds so it's the same there isnt it. Arent' they forcing you to buy HD dvds as well just like sony with the blu-ray? Or is it that blue-ray dvds can ONLY be played on the PS3 where as HD dvds have many systems out there and not just the x-box 360? I haven't been keeping up on this too much so I hope I dont sound too stupid here in my questions.

I am planning on selling my Playstation 3 (for profit) soon. I compared both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray on 2 TVs and noticed that HD-DVD tops it all. Though Blu-Ray is a strong competitor , I'm not turning away what I previously stated earlier about Blu-Ray being "excellent" in sound and picture. It's just side by side HD-DVD wins.

Originally Posted by jrs
I am planning on selling my Playstation 3 (for profit) soon. I compared both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray on 2 TVs and noticed that HD-DVD tops it all. Though Blu-Ray is a strong competitor , I'm not turning away what I previously stated earlier about Blu-Ray being "excellent" in sound and picture. It's just side by side HD-DVD wins.
Did you then reverse the dvd players with the t.v's to make sure it wasnt that one hi-def t.v. set was better than the other and not the dvd's themselves? I have seen some expensive hi def t.v.s that looked crappier than the lesser expensive one.

Did you then reverse the dvd players with the t.v's to make sure it wasnt that one hi-def t.v. set was better than the other and not the dvd's themselves? I have seen some expensive hi def t.v.s that looked crappier than the lesser expensive one.
Both TVs are Hi-Def. Blu-Ray in one and HD-DVD in the other. Both HD sets are top of the line.

I found Donnie Darko completely wacked it was like he relived his day and he was caught in a loop hole of reliving his life till he died. The movie it self was quite confusing but then was annoying because Donnie could of saved him and his girl. It was a stupid twisted movie like Butterfly effect and if your seen Donnie Darko tell me your opion how you looked at the movie