The Fountain

Tools    

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Really looking forward to seeing The Fountain, the fact that Aronofsky has taken so long to edit the film suggests it has become a labour of love. Requiem for a dream is superb, whilst Pi was a tad over-rated but still enjoyable.
The trailer looks amazing and I wait with bated breath and a pair of tight shorts on.....

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I'm confident in Aronofsky's ability to make a good film. Requiem for a Dream and Pi were done well. So I hope this lives up to the hype..

Jae
Movie Fanatic
This movie is high on my to see list. I'm sure I'll either end up seeing it opening weekend or the weekend after it's release. I have absolutely no problem with the choice of actors either. Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz appear to compliment each other very well in the trailer and Darren Aronofsky makes awesome movies.

This one should be on everyone's list of movies to see.

High on my to see list as well. This movie looks very promising.

Im so dissapointed that I missed this during the film fest. I really want to see this.

Well. I trust Darren's ability to make a good movie. Requiem for a Dream is one of the most amazing films I've ever seen. In fact, I'm doing a semester project on it.

BUT, I'm hesitant to walk into this movie thinking I'm going to get Pi or RfaD. I feel like The Fountain is going for mainstream...which is not a good thing. Think about it, we adore Aronofsky so much because he knows how to make wierd, cult, and captivating movies. You take out the wierd and take out the cult...then it wont be captivating.

But I'll be holding my breath hoping hes out to do what HE wants, and not what the mass media wants.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Signs are you won't be disappointed...

read me read me

(The SFX stuff sounds classy. And it's kinda promising that it's been received in such a love-hate way so far )

Originally Posted by Golgot
Signs are you won't be disappointed...

read me read me

(The SFX stuff sounds classy. And it's kinda promising that it's been received in such a love-hate way so far )
Wow, great read. Alleviates some of my concerns.