What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

There are those who call me...Tim.
Alien Quadrilogy

I've only watched the Aliens Special Edition so far, but

Well worth it. I can't wait to watch Ridley Scott's Director's Cut of Alien tomorrow (or now, maybe).

rhymes with Goebbels
Originally Posted by Tacitus
heh, I lived in Lancashire for a number of years so have never had any problems with the Bolton accent.

Try subtitles!

See, the better plan would be for every one of your Northerners to buy yourselves some street urchin from London to be your translator.

Something like:
Yorkshire guy: "asgdaksdgkagdksa"
Chav Translator: "Pass the Lentils, please"

Which would make for both superior television AND rid the world of loitering chav types, causing not only an economic boom but, in fact, world peace. You just need to beat the "oy"'s and "apples and pears" out of them. And teach them how to speak.

But it saves me from trying to find the caption button on my remote.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by shirble
See, the better plan would be for every one of your Northerners to buy yourselves some street urchin from London to be your translator.

Something like:
Yorkshire guy: "asgdaksdgkagdksa"
Chav Translator: "Pass the Lentils, please"

Which would make for both superior television AND rid the world of loitering chav types, causing not only an economic boom but, in fact, world peace. You just need to beat the "oy"'s and "apples and pears" out of them. And teach them how to speak.

But it saves me from trying to find the caption button on my remote.
That's a Special Edition DVD I'd consider shelling out for but I think the Health & Safety people would have a collective heart attack.

Incidentally, if you couldn't understand the dialect in the show itself, don't ever venture as far as the commentary track. Kay, McGuinness & co are not only all speaking at once...they're also drunk.

Great stuff actually.

Brian: What's the matter with you, man?

Jerry: What's the matter with me? I'll tell you what's the matter with me. Me first week as licensee, I'm stood here looking like a gay Satan cos somebody sold all me clothes on t'jumble. I've been rolled round t'car park all day dressed as a hernia and I've got 12 people in casualty with rubber burns.

Brian: Rubber Burns? Weren't he a Scottish poet?

Double Indemnity

FINALLY available on DVD!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hmmmmm Elizabethtown-I really liked the movie alot and well of course Orlando Bloom.

Older film that seems like it could be worthwhile to watch. Interesting enough to me anways by imagining that the earth is ever so slowly getting nearer and nearer to burning up to a crisp as it heads towards the sun.

Movie Forums Extra
I just purchased nip tuck season 3 on preorder, its being released in 2 days and all i have to say is, THE CARVER!!!!!

I actually missed alot of this season, btw anyone try this quiz? www.niptuckquiz.com, fans should find it enjoyable to see which charicter they liken you with.

Finally found it and had to pick it up.. This show was my favorite as a child.

This one I heard about for a long time before it came out and just the sound of it I knew I was going to love it and then low and behold when it's released it turns into one of my favorite movies of this year. If you haven't seen it go rent it, better yet buy it.

Finally found this one after seeing it when it first came out and no way to get it. I love all of these flicks in here. Now to just try and find Three Extremes Vol. 2.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

The stuntman of CbK
I just bought the Special Grindhouse Releasing Edition of Cannibal Holocaust, The Big Lebowski, Dog Day Afternoon, and The Short Films of David Lynch.

I had $100 in this DVD store I had just found, and it had all these movies I've heard of but could never find anywhere, and with good prices. I had to get them.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Local video store was having a liquidation sale. I got the first two seasons of Six Feet Under for $20 each plus Gus Van Sant's Elephant for free (which wasn't very good incidently).

Wal-Mart

Psycho (1998) // $5.50
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001) // $7.50
Panic Room (2002) // $5.50
Take the Lead (2006) // $16.99

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man

This one I heard about for a long time before it came out and just the sound of it I knew I was going to love it and then low and behold when it's released it turns into one of my favorite movies of this year. If you haven't seen it go rent it, better yet buy it.
Mm-hmm. Indeed. I plan to but still need that price to drop. 24 bucks is a little too high for me at the moment. I think I can be a little patient and wait out a few months.

got these in the mail today