Prison Movies

Tools    

As usual I am tooooo late, oh well all of the above.

Can I have a list of ONLY prison break movies. Not any movies that are about prison, just movies about inmates trying to escape. For example, Escape From Alcatraz.

Originally Posted by gummo
Can I have a list of ONLY prison break movies. Not any movies that are about prison, just movies about inmates trying to escape. For example, Escape From Alcatraz.
Movies where planning and executing the escape is most of the narrative...

Escape from Alcatraz
The Shawshank Redemption
Each Dawn I Die
There Was A Crooked Man...
Cool Hand Luke
Mrs. Soffel
Papillon
Down by Law

Movies where the escape happens fairly early on and the rest of the flick is about being a fugitive...

Runaway Train
A Perfect World
Out of Sight
The Defiant Ones
I Was A Fugitive from a Chain Gang
We're No Angels
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by birthday cake
Hello,

I need some help looking for some drawing reference for a scene of a prisoner walking while shackled. Can you guys recall any films with scenes similar to this?

Sean Connery, The Rock

So far I've seen The Rock, Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption.
Dead Man Walking

Horrorphiliac

rhymes with Goebbels
I was always a big fan of Papillon and er, god. Turkish Prison movie.

Midnight Express, there we go

EDIT:
Both of which were already mentioned. Sorry, couldn't be bothered to check beforehand.

OK I rented Papillion and my partner wanted to watch The Great Escape and Escape From Alcatraz. I have seen the latter MANY times and love it! I will probably watch Papillion tonight. After I watch the season premere of Prison Break of course hehe.

rhymes with Goebbels
yeah, speaking of which how is Prison Break? I keep hearing all of these "Summer Breakout Hit!!" "You're a MORON for not watching!!" adverts. But it does seem to follow the same watchability as Lost does, where you're more or less LOST if you've missed the first few episodes.

I'm not even sorry for punning, it was too good.

I watched the first five or six episodes of "Prison Break" last winter when they originally aired. It got too repetative, too silly and too drawn out for me really quick and I gave up on the thing. I watched a random episode much later in the season and like any soap opera the fact that I had missed many episodes in between didn't matter one bit. Which is essentially why I quit.

rhymes with Goebbels
aw,
there must be some hidden social commentary in having a jail filled with male models.

Sweaty, muscled male models.

Prison Break, you're much too clever for me.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Originally Posted by shirble
aw,
there must be some hidden social commentary in having a jail filled with male models.

Somebody already mentioned it but....

It wasn't like Shawshank or Last Castle, but if you like your action cheese as much as I like my action cheese (and I think you do Equilibirum.) You will love this movie.

Movie Forums Member
The shawshank Redemption definitely one of the best movies I have ever seen.

aw,

There is actually only two "model" type guys in the show. The rest are average (or below average). And actually, if you watched the show, that sarcasm would not work - since the show does have a lot of clever parts to it. Why not rent the first season dvds, or would you now be too biased and refuse to enjoy it? The show is pure entertainment for me.

rhymes with Goebbels
"Why not rent the first season dvds, or would you now be too biased and refuse to enjoy it?"

Hey now, no need to be cheeky.

My opinion is based primarily on tv adverts and Holden's description, I haven't the slightest idea how accurate either are, but from the mild googling I did do it definitely didn't sound brilliant.

But really, can't we both agree that it must take some kind of bizarre ultra human strength not to be biased against a series produced by Brett Ratner and created by the guy who wrote that Vin Diesel film involving punching doors open. I know both the calibre of Ratner and Vin Diesel films, I can't even begin to imagine that Prison Break will be that much of a departure from either. Which is to say 'pure entertainment', as you say.

But I'm not quite that pretentious just yet. I did ask whether the show was decent or not after all, which I thought might imply that I had wanted to watch it but possibly I wasn't clear.

Sorry, I didn't mean to dog you shirble. Though it was aimed directly at you, I mostly intended that statement for all who decide they don't like something before they try it.

I just get a little annoyed by pretentiousness. I'm not saying that you are one of those people, but there are (*laughing) a lot of people who trash certain movies or tv shows etc.. without watching it even once. And the worst is when someone judges someone else as a ("moron") because of their preference in movies or TV.

That aside, welcome to the forum. I don't think I have met you before this....nice first impression I give of, huh? Honestly, I am not usually this ruthless hehehe.

Originally Posted by gummo
Honestly, I am not usually this ruthless hehehe.
Says you gummo, and only you.

rhymes with Goebbels
No worries, and you should be happy to know that Prison Break is currently on my Zip.ca rental list as we speak

No worries, and you should be happy to know that Prison Break is currently on my Zip.ca rental list as we speak
Very wise of you shirble......very wise indeed.

THE LAST CASTLE!
it is a MUST see.