Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

I'd Rather Be Dancing
Pink Flamingos-I just thought it was kinda sick

I chose the same movie in a different thread, but again Torque is the movie that first comes to my mind. It was just utterly unbearable. Now look, i'm no movie elitest and I don't expect every movie I watch to be oscar material that makes me question my own existance. However there are limits, and this movie crosses it.....and keeps going. I did finish it on a second viewing, but the first time I couldn't even make it past the club scene.

The last two movies I walked out on at the theatre was Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle and Ultraviolet.

To this day, I don't know and I don't care if either Harold or Kumar got to White Castle.

Sorcerer - I couldn't stand it any longer. It was slow, boring and looked horrible. Besides, I had already seen the French film it was based on.

Nashville - Always watch it when it's late at night and I can't get past the opening 20 minutes. It always puts me to sleep.

16 Blocks - I had better things to do.

Ghost dog with Forrest Whittaker

Put me in your pocket...
The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988)
So I watched the first disk and didn't realise the second disk actually finishes the movie and isn't just an extra's disk (which is why I didn't ask for it on my 'Q'). Trouble is...after watching the first two hours of this movie...I have no interest in what happens to the characters to even order disk 2. I was expecting this to be so much more than it was at this point. Very disappointing eventhough I know it looks well done.

Has anyone else seen this? Can anyone please tell me the end is worth investing anymore time into it? If it has a great ending or a good moral to it...I'll finish it.

-the ring 2
-boogeyman
-a cinderella story
-legally blonde 2
-grease 2
Just a dog? Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
OH. MY. GOD.
eyes wide shut was actully pretty good movie if you actully got the just of it.

Date Movie!
Was So Predictable And The Most Imamture Humor Ever! All Of It Had Been Done Before And Nothing In The Movie Made Me Even Crack A Smile. Horrible!

Couldn't sit through Ultraviolet. Didn't care about the ending, I still have no idea what happened in that movie.
It wasn't even so bad that it was good, it was just bad.

idk the title of this movie, but it was a japanese movie. this girl at a school did something bad, and the parents "lost face" i couldnt sit through it, it was too scary. i signed up to the forums so i could ask some ppl what the title of the movie was, but looks like i cant without 25 posts...could anyone find out the title of this movie? i saw it about 7-8 years ago.

Originally Posted by cmitchell
It wasn't even so bad that it was good, it was just bad.
What films to you were so bad that you enjoyed them?
Cabin Fever comes to my mind in that it was so cheesy it was funny.

Only one film has the dubious distinction of making me so uncomfortable that I HAD to turn it off.

Blood Feast

I don't know why, I've sat through better done more "shockingly violent" films but this one just reeked of misogyny. One of the only films I haven't cone back for a second helping.

Originally Posted by Escape
Cabin Fever comes to my mind in that it was so cheesy it was funny.
I managed to sit through it once, it bored me to tears. Have to remember Eli Roth the next time a most overrated discussion comes up.

Originally Posted by Aniko
The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988)
So I watched the first disk and didn't realise the second disk actually finishes the movie and isn't just an extra's disk (which is why I didn't ask for it on my 'Q'). Trouble is...after watching the first two hours of this movie...I have no interest in what happens to the characters to even order disk 2. I was expecting this to be so much more than it was at this point. Very disappointing eventhough I know it looks well done.

Has anyone else seen this? Can anyone please tell me the end is worth investing anymore time into it? If it has a great ending or a good moral to it...I'll finish it.
I saw the movie right after reading the book. Honestly it was a mixed experience. The book helped me fill in the blanks the movie glossed over but the book was far, far better. I would read the book first, if the book recalls images from the movie continue the film, otherwise let the screen in your head prevail.

Originally Posted by Richard X
Sorcerer - I couldn't stand it any longer. It was slow, boring and looked horrible. Besides, I had already seen the French film it was based on.

Nashville - Always watch it when it's late at night and I can't get past the opening 20 minutes. It always puts me to sleep.

16 Blocks - I had better things to do.
I'm surprised, Nashville is a great film.

Originally Posted by Gabberjaw
Pink Flamingos-I just thought it was kinda sick
John Waters is a hack. So I can't blame you.

I never fully got trough Hero, I bought it for my brother before a Dutch holiday and we watched it. Somehow it made me more sleepy than the philosophy classes i have. Though the action was ok the story just made me groggy, drowsy and sleepy.

And do check my "art": Deviant

I think i got through about 10 min's or so, i turned it off at the first Oompa-Loompa song, Haven't yet seen it all the way through, Probably one of the worst film's i've ever has the misfortune to see, Johnny Depp was TOO weird and the amount fo Oompa-Loompa's they generated for the only song i saw was ridiculous...Awful film (Well, what i saw of it anyway!)

Originally Posted by VeronicaJ
I never fully got trough Hero, I bought it for my brother before a Dutch holiday and we watched it. Somehow it made me more sleepy than the philosophy classes i have. Though the action was ok the story just made me groggy, drowsy and sleepy.
wow. i thought that was an amazingly well-done film. I suggest you try watching it one more time when your wide-awake. I will admit at points it can get a bit drawn out, I would never have listed it as a movie "I couldn't even finish".
"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages." -Adam Smith "Wealth of Nations"

porkchop sandwiches

did it under pressure of my brother, i was able to watch it in several parts though. Im really into Chinese and Japanese culture, but this was a bit too much for me. Maybe now im 'mature' enough to watch it, sometimes it takes a while. I'll watch it again and tell you what i thought of it ok?