Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Originally Posted by Strummer521
And I was supposed to get that point out of your previous posts?
You're supposed to know this without needing to be told. It should already be self-evident that getting caught up in what anonymous strangers feel is a losing game. There are things that are really worth investing your heart and soul in. Internet discussion forums aren't on the list.

We're operating inside a vaccuum where things that are offensive in real life aren't offensive on the internet.
I would say yes, or, at least they should if you have a healthy perspective on things. Why give someone the satisfaction of being offended by the internerd?

Should we not be bothered by Neo-Nazi or KKK websites?
Should we be offended by goatse? Getting you 'bothered' is at least half of what inflammatory websites are after. They WANT anger and hatemail, and they eat it up like candy.

Or sites such as the one the columbine shooters had set up, which contained threats well before their attack, that if adressed could have saved lives?
1. That's a law enforcement issue.

2. You can heed the warnings and act on them without getting emotionally caught up in the whole mess.

I'm taking things to quite a few levels above what's happening here, but my point (notice I'm outlining it clearly to avoid the "confusion" caused by your posts) is that accountability is a factor everywhere in your life.
I don't disagree, but accountability also means being accountable to yourself by not getting torqued about things that aren't worth it. You know, like the internet.

If you think spreading hate is ok just because your identity is hidden and that it is ever ok under any circumstances, then how can you maintain any sort of integrity.
You know, if you can't tell the difference between 'spreading hate' and making a light hearted comment about a terrible movie, I really can't help you.

Originally Posted by Purandara88
You know, if you can't tell the difference between 'spreading hate' and making a light hearted comment about a terrible movie, I really can't help you.
You! help someone

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I don't disagree, but accountability also means being accountable to yourself by not getting torqued about things that aren't worth it.
Ok...that's not what it means. Anyway, my comment about spreading hate wasn't directed toward the single word you used in this one post, but rather the fact that it is just one link in a long chain of intolerant comments you've made because you have the poor sense of judgement to find them funny. And I'm not that emotionally invested into this, it's just that: 1. When I see something said that I disagree with I can't let it stand 2. I want to save the forum from being overrun by idiocy.

Originally Posted by Strummer521
Ok...that's not what it means.
Sure it is. It's not my fault you fail to see the full dimensions of accountability.

Anyway, my comment about spreading hate wasn't directed toward the single word you used in this one post, but rather the fact that it is just one link in a long chain of intolerant comments you've made because you have the poor sense of judgement to find them funny. And I'm not that emotionally invested into this, it's just that: 1. When I see something said that I disagree with I can't let it stand 2. I want to save the forum from being overrun by idiocy.
Nah, what it comes down to is that you're another hypersensitive moralist who is far more interested in cultivating a sense of self-righteous rectitude than in remembering that the internet is, well, the internet.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Sure it is. It's not my fault you fail to see the full dimensions of accountability.

Nah, what it comes down to is that you're another hypersensitive moralist who is far more interested in cultivating a sense of self-righteous rectitude than in remembering that the internet is, well, the internet.
I still don't see you proving your idea that something that wouldn't be acceptable offline is acceptable online, though your acting like you have. The internet may lack some of the forms of interaction that real life provides, but when it comes down to it...it is real people saying things that can affect the outside world. The idea that something is not offensive because it's on the internet is like saying something isn't offensive because it's written in a book. Controversy develops over books all the time, and they have the same "detachment from reality" as you are claiming for the internet. In a nutshell the point, as far as I can see it, is that words have all the same properties on the internet as they do in real life and therefore, they have the same effect. Your assuming a greater gap between the internet and reality than really exists. After all, the internet is very much a product of real life and therefore technically a part of reality whether you want to admit it or not. The only way the internet could not be a part of reality is if it were to not exist. You're making it out to be a much more absract entity than it really is. If you were to write a letter, or publish an article full of insults and slurs it would be unacceptable by almost any standards. I don't really see a big difference between that and posting something online where anyone can see it.

history *is* moralizing
from someone who is offended by 'frog.'
einh? i wasn't here... who offended whom? what did this frog do? did someone call me??

history *is* moralizing
fine, thanx, i'll tell you more in my vacation in Trentin thread... as soon as i find the method to retouch the pixels of the pics i wanna post there... and have some time between my translations that are coming back running...

Lord of the rings - they are too long and the dialogs are too boring
The New World - boring, too much music and low voices and I don't like Ferrell

Sry if I make many mistakes

"legend," but it was actually kind of good, i just always watch it real late, as with any other fantasy

This One Time At Band Camp...
White Chicks: Downright Stupid

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by B-card
Pi-couldn't stand watching the other 45 minutes
There are two kinds of people in this world: People who get Aronofsky, and people who suck.

j/k

I couldn't make it through Made in America with Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson. In fact, I'm very much willing to forget it exists. Wait, what were we talking about?

Jurassic Park 3... I got really bored and left the theatre half way through

thin red line

ugh

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Titanic-It was so boring i was falling asleep like in the first 20 minutes-There was no suspence no anything it was a plain out flat movie no climax or anything near it!

Dune- it was just way over my head, i watched about 20 minutes and had to change the station
I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice, but still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess i just miss my friend- (THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION)

Originally Posted by Escape
Frankly I'm a little disappointed that you didn't like the scream trilogy.
Anyways, what were you thinking when you went to 2 and 3 if you couldn't finish the first one.
I love the Scream trilogy.