Black Hawk Down and LOTR Dvd questions

Tools    

does The Lord of the Rings - The Motion Picture Trilogy (Special Extended DVD Edition) include the extended cut of The Return of the King?

and a similar question about black hawk down dvd

does the Black Hawk Down (3-Disc Deluxe Edition) include the version that shows up on Black Hawk Down (Extended Cut) dvd?

thx

If the LOTR Trilogy Special Extended Edition box set is the 12-disc Special Edition Box set, then yes, the Return of the King EE as well as the Fellowship of the Ring and Two Towers EEs are in there.

As for Black Hawk Down, the 3-disc comes with the theatrical version. If you want the Extended, you have to get that 1-disc version.

Originally Posted by Don Fishies
If the LOTR Trilogy Special Extended Edition box set is the 12-disc Special Edition Box set, then yes, the Return of the King EE as well as the Fellowship of the Ring and Two Towers EEs are in there.
I obviously know of the upcoming 2 Disc re-release of the trilogy, with both the theatrical and extended editions seemlesly branched on one disc and the documentary on the other.

What is this LOTR Trilogy 12 -Disc Special Extended Edition Box Set??? I never heard anything about it.

Originally Posted by jrs
I obviously know of the upcoming 2 Disc re-release of the trilogy, with both the theatrical and extended editions seemlesly branched on one disc and the documentary on the other.

What is this LOTR Trilogy 12 -Disc Special Extended Edition Box Set??? I never heard anything about it.
......It's the 4-disc sets for each film boxed together in one massive box set. It's been around since ROTK Extended came out.

Infact, ROTK Extended had an offer to buy the box to hold all 3 for everyone who had bought the first two already.

Looks nice on my shelf.

......It's the 4-disc sets for each film boxed together in one massive box set. It's been around since ROTK Extended came out.

Infact, ROTK Extended had an offer to buy the box to hold all 3 for everyone who had bought the first two already.

Looks nice on my shelf.
That's not a R1 product, probably why I haven't seen it anywhere....although I got that box to hold all 3 by mail. (thanx to Digital Bits for letting me about it.)

Originally Posted by jrs
That's not a R1 product, probably why I haven't seen it anywhere....although I got that box to hold all 3 by mail. (thanx to Digital Bits for letting me about it.)
I'm not going to be a prick about this, but I'll just simply state that it is an R1 product (pics are of the R2 version though) as you would see near the bottom of the page....

Actors: Viggo Mortensen, Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Sean Astin, Sean Bean
Directors: Peter Jackson, Viggo Mortensen
Format: Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, Widescreen, NTSC
Language: English
<LI>Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Number of discs: 12
Rating
Studio: New Line Home Entertainment
DVD Release Date: December 14, 2004

And yeah, I've seen it around HMV's and Future Shop's here in Canada. It's actually a lot cheaper to buy that box of 12 than it is to buy the 3 boxs of 4.

Here's another Region 1 link.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...33726&searchID=

I'm not going to be a prick about this, but I'll just simply state that it is an R1 product (pics are of the R2 version though)

Oh no, it's cool. Thanks for the info.

k cool i'm getting them all shipped now as we speak

btw i also noticed Gladiator (Extended Edition) and Gladiator (Single Disc Edition)

wats the difference between those 2?

Originally Posted by Terminator734
k cool i'm getting them all shipped now as we speak

btw i also noticed Gladiator (Extended Edition) and Gladiator (Single Disc Edition)

wats the difference between those 2?
Gladiator Extended has 3 discs, and besides having an extended edition of the film, offers up all of the features from the 2-disc one (is it OOP now?) and more.

I think it's obvious which one to go for there.

okkkk thx for the info