What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Lost in never never land
Tim Burton's: A Corpse Bride

The reason is that I haven't seen it, but I have really liked all of the other Burton works that I have seen (minus Planet of the Apes). So I figured that I would give it a try and see if that one is any good. And from the reviews that people have given me, I think that I should enjoy it.

Freak Out (Uk)

It's a low budget indie flick from the Uk. Absolutely hilarious! It's had brilliant reviews pretty much everywhere, and my sister bought a copy (which is how I saw it first). It's packed with extras, which suprised me seeing as the movie is pretty much unheard of in the mainstream - yet they've kicked most DVD releases up the backside!! Anyway, I got my own copy and have been really inspired (I'm a wannabe director, and this film made me realise it is possible to make a movie with substance in your own back garden!!).

Don't know if you can get it in the states yet though.

Originally Posted by Nexus
Key Largo
His Girl Friday
Love them both have them

Tomorrow it'll be...

Neil Young: Heart of Gold

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

"The Rockford Files" (SEASON TWO)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by jrs
Don't you think it's sort of wasting film taking pictures of DVD you buy? Just my observational opinion.

Oh BTW, how'd you get Nightwatch if it comes out next Tuesday?

It could be digital....

Anyway.. I got

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Blow

and

Mean Machine

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Pictures are digital so I am not wasting film.
And the Best Buy around from my house had Night Watch

I actually bought six today. Dave Chappelle's Block Party, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The World's Fastest Indian, Screwed, Beavis and Butt-Head Vol.2, and The Hills Have Eyes remake. My local K-Mart had it a week early which I thought was awesome. Anyway, I bought them for different reasons. Either I love the movie or haven't seen it and am curious. I am a big blind buyer. But usually I am satisfied.

Came in the mail today

Bought Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang blind (and loved it!), and finally got the OOP Munich 2 disc Collector's Edition in the mail.

So far, it's looking great, even though I can't find the fabled intro from Spielberg...

Originally Posted by Don Fishies
and finally got the OOP Munich 2 disc Collector's Edition in the mail.

I'm pissed the 2 disc Jarhead Collector's Ed. went like out of stock like the 1st day it came out (or so) I can't find it anywhere.

Originally Posted by jrs
I'm pissed the 2 disc Jarhead Collector's Ed. went like out of stock like the 1st day it came out (or so) I can't find it anywhere.
While the 2 disc Munich was never even released in Canada (had to buy it off eBay the week it came out to avoid paying some crazy price), at least 3 or 4 of the 2-disc Jarhead sat around on the shelf at Future Shop for weeks.

I found out it was OOP and went and bought it right up. The next week, there was nothing.

The People's Republic of Clogher

To complete my set.