Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Platoon Best Picture???? It was boring for me.
Dead Man Walking Didn't interest me.
Belly TERRIBLY BORING
Please tell me your joking about Platoon being boring and mocking its award. Did you even get the whole internal and external conflict and parallel personas? That's what made the movie so great.

Give it second shot, atleast out of respect.

Solaris - Why is George Clooney not begging for food on the street???? Please, can someone answer that for me. The film sucked something awful and most importantly, the man CANNOT act. Apart from Ocean's 11 which is more of a guilty pleasure than a good movie, all his other movies have blown chunks (The Peacemaker, Out of Sight, A Perfect Storm should I go on?). Actually now that I'm berating the man - SYRIANA, I still wonder what possessed me, first to pay 7 euro (about $9) to see it in the cinema, and second to stay till the end!!!!!!!! I am SO considering doing a South Park on him and hunting him down to get my money back.

(ok maybe its a bit unfair to pick on him for Syriana in this thread considering I saw it out to the end, but I was on a roll )

Downfall is the only movie that I can think of that I just could never finish, even on repeated viewings. Just too dry for me.

And even though I did sit through it, I found Platoon to be one of the greatest disappointments ever.

well this might be different now but when i was 12 lord of the rings

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Just tried, and failed, to watch The Hills Have Eyes (the recent version). I dunno, I got half way through the film, and then I just sort of thought "Is this how I want to be entertained? Death and rape and violence without a point to it?" And from then on, I just couldn't finish.

I like horror films, some of them are fun, like the Evil Dead series or any of George Romero's films, but it's like modern horror films aren't scary, they just throw the most depraved imagery at you and can't really be enjoyed. At least not by me.

Originally Posted by PrometheusFG
Please tell me your joking about Platoon being boring and mocking its award. Did you even get the whole internal and external conflict and parallel personas? That's what made the movie so great.
I personally loved Platoon because it is visually arresting, but some of the dramatic devices (particularly the 'civil war' within the platoon mimicking the nature of the wider conflict) are a bit heavy-handed, if effective.

I have never, ever managed to finish Masculin, Féminin. So they're the children of Marx and Coca-Cola? I don't care. Pretentious frogs blathering pretentiousness at each other under the watchful gaze of a self-consciously pretentious filmmaker's camera hold absolutely no appeal to me.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Frogs? Why do you insist on using slurs so constantly? Seriously, is there a reason for it?

Originally Posted by Purandara88
Slurs = comedy gold.
Not really. Although sometimes they feature prominently in things that are funny, and in Chris Rock's case the material wouldn't exist if not for the slurs, they're never funny in the context in which you use them.

They're funny to me, which is all I really care about. Your feelings are immaterial.

They're funny to me, which is all I really care about. Your feelings are immaterial.
I think you'll find out soon enough that the feelings of others count on this particular forum. Be offensive enough, long enough, without good reason and you'll eventually be banned. I expect you're going to say that wouldn't bother you, but you've posted quite a bit since joining, which you wouldn't have done if you didn't enjoy using the forum.

Feelings are for pussies.
I don't find that as offensive as you'd like me to. But if you can prove to me that you don't have feelings, then I'll never contradict anything you say ever again. Give it a try.

I think you've missed the point, which is pretty much what one would expect from someone who is offended by 'frog.'

I think you've missed the point, which is pretty much what one would expect from someone who is offended by 'frog.'
Very well...(sigh) please explain your point, as it really is clearly not apparent in reading your posts. By the way... if someone has missed your point, then why not just clarify things for them? Otherwise, it makes it look like you might not have a point and you're just stalling.

See, it's like this. This is the internet and investing your feelings in the internet is something that people who don't have lives (i.e. 'pussies') do. The rest of us are out entertaining ourselves at the expense of those who haven't figured that out yet.

See, it's like this. This is the internet and investing your feelings in the internet is something that people who don't have lives (i.e. 'pussies') do. The rest of us are out entertaining ourselves at the expense of those who haven't figured that out yet.
And I was supposed to get that point out of your previous posts? Also, think of it this way...just because we can't see each other, does that mean we exist in separate universes or something? We're operating inside a vaccuum where things that are offensive in real life aren't offensive on the internet? Should we not be bothered by Neo-Nazi or KKK websites? Or sites such as the one the columbine shooters had set up, which contained threats well before their attack, that if adressed could have saved lives? I'm taking things to quite a few levels above what's happening here, but my point (notice I'm outlining it clearly to avoid the "confusion" caused by your posts) is that accountability is a factor everywhere in your life. If you think spreading hate is ok just because your identity is hidden and that it is ever ok under any circumstances, then how can you maintain any sort of integrity. I know you don't believe in morals, but that sounds to me like bulls**t which you hide behind to rationalize your actions.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
That's called trolling.
I'm getting bored with 'thumbs downs' on your posts. You are clearly here to stir up ill feeling and the sooner you're banned, the better. This post proves it.

You are not "out entertaining yourself" anyplace that the rest of us aren't. You're just being an ass about it, while others here are trying to have civil discussions.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
That's called trolling.
I'm getting bored with 'thumbs downs' on your posts. You are clearly here to stir up ill feeling and the sooner you're banned, the better. This post proves it.
Ditto