The MoFo DVD Hideout - DVD News, Releases and More!

Tools    

It's just Brick.. Not THE brick but i'm not one to nitpick. I've seen a couple trailers and it looks like my type of movie.. It never hit big theatres.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
It's just Brick.. Not THE brick but i'm not one to nitpick.I've seen a couple trailers and it looks like my type of movie.. It never hit big theatres.
Yeah I think I was thinking of "The Brick" furniture company when I said that.

I'll search around for a trailer later when I have time as it takes time for my puter to download those.

"Scary Movie 4" DVD Update

Genius Products will be releasing a PG-13 rated and a longer, raunchier, funnier unrated version of this years spoof-fest "Scary Movie 4" onto DVD August 15th. Full details are below.

For cover art (and other DVD releases), click here

Unrated and Uncensored Version (91 Minutes)
  • 91 Minutes
  • Seperate 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen 1.:33:1 Fullscreen Formats
  • Dolby Digital 5.1
  • Spanish Subtitles (Optional)
  • Audio Commentary with David Zucker, Bob Weiss and Craig Mazin
  • 15 Deleted and Extended Scenes
  • "Tom Ryan on On Oprah - The Long Take"
  • "The Man Behind the Laugh: David Zucker" featurette
  • "Zany Spoof Humor - Zucker Style" featurette
  • "Interviewer's Worst Nightmare" featurette
  • "The Visual Effects of Scary Movie 4" featurette
  • "The Youngbloodz" featurette
  • "Rappers and Actors" featurette
  • Bloopers
  • NBA Scary Movie 4 Spot

PG-13 Rated Version (84 Minutes)
  • 1.33:1 Fullscreen Format Only
  • Dolby Digital 5.1
  • Spanish Subtitles (Optional)
  • Audio Commentary with David Zucker, Bob Weiss and Craig Mazin
  • 15 Deleted and Extended Scenes
  • "Tom Ryan on Oprah - The Long Take"
  • "The Man Behind the Laugh: David Zucker" featurette
  • "The Visual Effects of Scary Movie 4" featurette
  • Trailers

Lady Vengeance on DVD September 26, 2006

Not even out in cinemas yet here in the U.S., Tartan Video has officially announced the release of Park Chanwook's ("Oldboy) Lady Vengeance, which stars Lee Young-ae and Choi Min-Sik onto DVD . The film will be presented in 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen, along with Korean Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround Sound audio tracks. Subtitles will also be provided. Although full specs have yet TBA, the only extras that can be confirmed at the moment are the films theatrical trailer, and some preview trailers. The final specs and cover art should arrive shortly, but for now here are the early details. The disc will be available to own when it hits store shelves September 26, 2006.

DVD Details:
  • 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
  • Korean Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 Surround Sound
  • English and Spanish Subtitles
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Previews

UPDATE!! Halloween: 25 Years of Terror

Thanks Horror-Movies.ca, here are the complete and precise details with full size cover art.

On July 25th, Anchor Bay Entertainment will be releasing Halloween: 25 Years of Terror, the most comprehensive and official documentary on the Halloween films ever produced. Narrated by P.J. Soles, it will chronicle the longevity of the films over the past quarter century.

The documentary features:
  • 84-minute feature documentary
  • Extended celebrity interviews
  • Halloween II extended interviews
  • Halloween III extended interviews
  • Halloween 5 On-Set Footage
  • Halloween Convention Montage
  • Halloween Convention Behind-The-Scenes gallery
  • "Fans of Halloween" Featurette
  • A slew of Convention Panel Discussion footage on the Halloween films, featuring numerous actors and crew members from the Halloween films.
  • Halloween location stills gallery
  • Original Halloween artwork gallery
  • "Halloween Autopsis" - An original 24-page comic exclusively found in this DVD package

Sounds like something the Halloween fans will like Thanks jrs

Yup Nebbs can't wait for the halloween documentary

"Dave Chappelle's Block Party" on DVD June 13, 2006

Universal Home Video will be releasing Dave Chappelle's Block Party, a mix of Chappelle's sketch comedy and musical interludes, inspired in part by the 1973 documentary Wattstax. It will arrive in seperate Rated (Fullscreen only) and Unrated editions. Cover art and specs are below.

Celebrate with Dave Chappelle in the uncensored, unforgettable and unbelievably hilarious full-length movie about throwing the ultimate block party. Join Dave as he travels through the heartland and makes a special stop in his hometown to pass out invitations to attend the event of the decade. It's a front-row seat for outrageous laughs with music from today's hottest artists. Be a part of what Dave Chappelle calls 'the best single day of my career!'

Rated Edition
Dave Chappelle
  • 1.33:1 Fullscreen Format
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
  • English SDH, French, Spanish Subtitles
  • Run Time: 1 Hour 43 Minutes
  • September in Brooklyn: The Making of Block Party
  • Dave Chappelle's Block Party Soundtrack

Unrated Edition
Dave Chappelle
  • 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and 1.33:1 Fullscreen Formats
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
  • English SDH, French, Spanish Subtitles
  • Run Time: 1 Hour 51 Minutes
  • Extended Music Acts
  • September in Brooklyn: The Making of Block Party
  • Ohio Players
  • Dave Chappelle's Block Party Soundtrack

"Hoot" on DVD August 15th

New Line Home Entertainment has announced it will be releasing the the inspirational family film Hoot, which stars Luke Wilson, Jimmy Buffet and Logan Lerman onto DVD. The film will arrive in both 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and 1.33:1 Fullscreen editions, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 Surround Sound audio tracks. Subtitles will also be provided. DVD cover art ill be available shortly.

DVD Features:
  • 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and 1.33:1 Fullscreen
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 Surround Sound
  • English and Spanish Subtitles
  • Commentary by Director Wil Shriner and Carl Hiaasen
  • Jimmy Buffet: Filmmaker in Paradise
  • Director on the Set featurette
  • Meet the Kids in the Cast featurette
  • Animals in Action featurette
  • Meet the Creator of Hoot featurette
  • National Wildlife Federation featurette – a look at the Arizona Owl Habitat Restoration and the Backyard Habitat
  • Blooper Reel
  • 3 Fun Animal Games

Based on the best-selling, Newbery Honor-winning novel by Carl Hiaasen, and winner of the Film Advisory Board’s Award of Excellence, Three middle-schoolers take on greedy land developers, corrupt politicians, and clueless cops in the mystery adventure "Hoot". Produced by Jimmy Buffet, Frank Marshall ("Seabiscuit", "Signs") and Walden Media ("The Chronicles of Narnia", "Holes"), "Hoot" revolves around a Montana boy who moves to Florida and unearths a disturbing threat to a local population of endangered owls. Determined to protect his new environment, the boy and his friends fight to prevent the adults from making a big mistake.

Packed with surprising plot twists, quirky characters, and offbeat humor, "Hoot" is a classic story that's fun for all ages. "Hoot" is from a screenplay by Wil Shriner and directed by Wil Shriner and stars Logan Lerman, Brie Larson, Cody Linley and Luke Wilson. The film also features original music from producer Jimmy Buffett.

Ok. I finally got to see that "Brick" trailer and it does in fact look like it could be quite enjoyable. It's also getting a high rating on Imdb. I do in fact believe I will buy that one when it arrives in
August.

That's the kid from that ex-sitcom, "3rd Rock from the Sun" too. Wondered what he was up to lately.

Originally Posted by Escape
Ok. I finally got to see that "Brick" trailer and it does in fact look like it could be quite enjoyable. It's also getting a high rating on Imdb. I do in fact believe I will buy that one when it arrives in
August.
HERE is my Brick review from earlier this year. I found it very disappointing and that it tries waaaaaay too hard to be cool for the sake of being cool.

But...whatever. I mean, if it's got a good rating from IMDb users, it must be good.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

"The Benchwarmers" on DVD July 25th

The Benchwarmers
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced they will be releasing this years slapstick comedy The Benchwarmers onto DVD. The film will arrive in both 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and 1.33:1 Fullscreen editions, along with multiple Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Surround Sound audio tracks. Subtitles will also be provided. Extras will include commentaries, behind the scenes, featurettes and more. The Benchwarmers will also be released on Blu-ray Disc the same day, offering all the extras of the DVD version.

DVD Features:
  • 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
  • English, French & Portuguese DD5.1 Surround
  • Spanish & Thai Dolby Surround
  • Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai Subtitles
  • Commentary with director Dennis Dugan
  • Commentary with David Spade and Jon Heder
  • Deleted Scenes
  • ”Mr. October” Behind the Scenes with Reggie Jackson
  • Whose Side are you on? featurette
  • “Play Ball” Cast and Crew discuss America’s Pasttime
  • ”Who’s On Deck” featurette
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	benchwarmers.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	5634  

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Two Disc Ulimate Edition is coming out 9/26. The Cost is $30.

The extras:

DISC ONE
*NEW High Definition transfer from the 16mm camera originals
*NEW 5.1 English and 2.0 Stereo Surround Soundtracks
*Digitally Remastered Original Mono Soundtrack
*Feature-length commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain, Allen Danziger, and art director Robert A. Burns
*Feature-length commentary with director, Tobe Hooper, cinematographer Daniel Pearl and actor Gunnar Hansen
*Theatrical Trailers
*TV Spots
*Radio Spots

DISC TWO
*"Texas Chain Saw Massacre: The Shocking Truth" Documentary
*"Flesh Wounds" Documentary
*A Tour of the TCM house with Gunnar Hansen
*Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
*Blooper Reel
*Outtakes from "The Shocking Truth"
*Still Gallery

Will be buying this