The MoFo DVD Hideout - DVD News, Releases and More!

Tools    

V for Vendetta Extras Revealed

Warner Home Video has just released the list of extras for both of the single-disc and 2-Disc special editions of V for Vendetta.

Available in a single-disc in both seperate Anamorphic Widescreen & Fullscreen versions, as well as an Anamorphic Widescreen only 2-disc special edition - the feature will be presented in English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound audio tracks, along with optional English, French and Spanish subtitles.

Here are details:

Single-Disc Edition
  • Anamorphic Widescreen & Fullscreen versions
  • English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
  • English, French and Spanish Subtitles (Optional)
  • Freedom! Forever!: Making V for Vendetta.

2-Disc Special Edition

Disc 1:
  • Anamorphic Widescreen only
  • English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Freedom! Forever!: Making V for Vendetta – The cast and crew of V for Vendetta reveal the intense filmmaking process

Disc 2:
  • Designing the Near Future – A look at the artistic process of creating the frightening future world of V
  • Remember, Remember: Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot – The history behind the story of Guy Fawkes
  • England Prevails: V for Vendetta and the New Wave in Comics – The origins of the original V story is illuminated
  • Cat Power Montage – Cat Power song played under images of the film
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Easter Egg: Hidden Bonus: Saturday Night Live Digital Short

Lost: The Complete Second Season - The Extended Experience

From Buena Vista Home Entertainment, the Golden Globe® Award and six-time Emmy Award-winning hit show "Lost" returns to DVD with an all new, must-own DVD box set, Lost: The Complete Second Season - The Extended Experience. This sizzling 7-disc DVD box set includes all 24 thrilling second-season episodes in 1.78:1 enhanced Anamorphic Widescreen, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Stereo Sound audio tracks and features over 8 hours of bonus materials found nowhere else except on DVD. Look for unaired flashbacks, an interactive matrix exploring the connections between characters and numbers, featurettes, commentaries and much more! Lost: The Complete Second Season (The Extended Experience) will be available to own when it hits store shelves October 3, 2006.

DVD Details:
  • 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
  • English English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
  • Lost Connections: Viewers can navigate between the crossed paths of the characters, and follow the connections to the mysterious numbers. Includes compelling motion graphics, never before seen footage from the show, insight from the creators, and plants seeds to upcoming connections in the new TV season
  • Lost: On Location: This featurette provides an in-depth look at the making of 10 individual episodes of Lost. Here is an up-close and compelling look at life on the set of TV’s most exciting thriller
  • The Lost Flashbacks: These original, never-before-seen flashbacks from the show provide exciting new insights into the back stories of the survivors
  • Secrets of the Hatch: Get an insider’s look at this mysterious location
  • Bloopers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Fire And Water: Anatomy Of An Episode: Follows the creation of a ‘Lost’ episode from script to finish
  • Audio Commentaries
  • And More!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lostseason2.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	5597  

Originally Posted by Zeiken
B-E-A-utiful. I havnt been able to catch the final 12 or 13 episodes of Lost Season 2, but i have Season 1. Nice lookin extras- any word on price?

Lost: The Complete Second Season - The Extended Experience has a SRP of $59.99, but you can you can preorder the set here.

Also, I have attached menus from the second season DVD set below....
Attachments

Name:	menu 1.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	5606   Click image for larger version

Name:	menu 2.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	5607   Click image for larger version

Name:	menu 3.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	5608   Click image for larger version

Name:	menu 4.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	5609  

Complete Details for "Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction"

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will be releasing the Sharon Stone sequel "Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction" onto DVD. Available in R-Rated (114mins) and Unrated (116mins) editions, the film will be presented in both 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and 1.33:1 Fullscreen formats with English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 audio tracks. English and French Subtitles are also provided. Look for it on shelves July 11, 2006.

"Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction" will also be released on Blu-ray Disc the same day. This will be the Rated edition presented in Widescreen 1080P and the same bonus features as the Rated DVD release.

Fourteen years after she seduced and destroyed Michael Douglas, Sharon Stone is up to her old tricks again, this time in London, where she's set her sights on criminal psychologist David Morrissey. Charlotte Rampling and David Thewlis also star.

DVD Details:
  • English & French DD5.1 Surround
  • English & French Subtitles
  • Director’s Commentary
  • Featurette: Between the Sheets: A Look Inside Basic Instinct 2
  • 10 Deleted Scenes with optional director’s commentary (Unrated Edition only)
  • Alternate Ending (Unrated Edition only)

Attachments

Name:	basic2.jpg
Views:	1028
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	5613  

Early Details for "Take the Lead"

New Line Home Entertainment will be releasing the recent Antonio Banderas film "Take the Lead" onto DVD. The film will be available in both 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and 1.33:1 Fullscreen formats, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 audio tracks. Extras include a commentary, featurettes, interviews and more. Look for it on store shelves August 29, 2006.

DVD Details:
  • 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and 1.33:1 Fullscreen Formats
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1
  • Comentary with Director Liz Friedlander and Editor Robert Ivision
  • Deleted Scenes
  • "Meet the Dungeon Kids" featurette
  • Multi-Angle Dance featurette
  • Interviews
  • Profiles
  • Trailers

*Cover art will be available soon.

Originally Posted by jrs
Yes I have seen it. It's based on a true story. Besides his usual types of films like XXX, Pitch Black and the like, this film is one example that shows he can really act. Others that show his talent are in Saving Private Ryan and Boiler Room.
Ok so i'm assuming you enjoyed it since you bought the dvd, unless you chanced it and bought it. Boiler Room was good and is actually on my list of "Dvds to buy" still.

JRS do you have any news on the documentary Halloween: 25 years of terror. I heard its finially completed. Im wondering if you know a release date

have you heard/seen anything about Lucas releasing episodes I, II & III in a boxset (like IV, V, & VI were)???

Horrorphiliac

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
JRS do you have any news on the documentary Halloween: 25 years of terror. I heard its finially completed. Im wondering if you know a release date
Yeah I had forgotten about that project. Always love going back to the original places to where certain scenes had taken place. Though they showed allot of that in the recent Holloween dvd special edition. It would be nice to see the fans interacting with the actors too if it shows much of that.

*edit* Amazon seems to think it will be released July 25/06.

Availability: This title will be released on July 25, 2006.

There's no plans to currently bring a box set out for the Star Wars prequels. I'll assume that a mega box set will come out next year and will contain all of them, and more.

And there's new editions of Halloween 4 and 5 coming out in the summer too. Check www.davisdvd.com for that news.

Complete "Slither" DVD Specs

• DVD commentary by Writer/director/James Gunn myself and Nathan Fillion.
  • Deleted scenes, including the infamous Grant Grant meat filing scene, Grant Grant's speech to Brenda about how he loves to be human, "Starla and the inchworm", and many more. All these scenes also feature commentary.
  • Extended scenes, including the full porch scene between Bill and Starla, Kylie's more complete explanation of "The Long One," the full scene in the butcher shop with Grant Grant, and much more. These scenes also feature commentary.
  • The Gag Reel -- in which you can see just a hint of how many takes Elizabeth Banks screwed up by laughing.
  • "Who is Bill Pardy?" - this was a surprise we made for Nathan at the wrap party, in which the cast and crew essentially roasted him. I asked Nathan if he was cool with it being on the DVD, and he was... so... watch us brutally make fun of him...
  • "The Sick Minds and Slimy Days of SLiTHER" - A very in-depth, very well done documentary on the making of SLiTHER, featuring the whole cast and crew. I honestly couldn't be happier with this thing.
  • "Bringing SLiTHER's Creatures to Life" - a documentary on the prosthetics and CGI effects in the movie. Also wonderful.
  • "Slithery Set Tour with Nathan Fillion"
  • VFX Progressions, from start to finish, featuring kickass music by The Raymakers.
  • "The King of Cult: Lloyd Kaufman's On-Set Video Diary" - see the President of Troma Entertainment and the creator of the Toxic Avenger (and my old boss) find himself lost in the world of Hollywood with his cameo role in SLiTHER.
  • "The Gorehound Grill: Brewin' the Blood" - a short how-to-make-your-own-blood-and-slime video.

Release Date: TBA!

"Brick" on DVD August 8, 2006

Universal Studios Home Video will be releasing the gritty and provocative thriller "Brick" which stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt onto DVD. The film will be presented in 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound audio tracks. Optional subtitles are also provided. Extras will include a director commentary,over twenty minutes of deleted and extended scenes, and an easteregg. The disc will be available when it store shelves August 8, 2006.

Brendan Frye is a loner, someone who knows all the angles but has chosen to stay on the outside. When the girl he loves turns up dead, he is determined to find the “who” and “why” and plunges into the dangerous social strata of rich girl Laura, intimidating Tug, drug-addled Dode, seductive Kara and the ominous Pin. But who can he really trust?

DVD Details:
  • 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Optional English SDH Subtitles
  • Commentary with Director Rian Johnson
  • Over 20 Minutes of Deleted/Extended Scenes
  • Easter Egg
Attachments

Name:	brick.jpg
Views:	4443
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	5615  

Originally Posted by jrs
"Brick" on DVD August 8, 2006

Universal Studios Home Video will be releasing the gritty and provocative thriller "Brick" which stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt onto DVD. The film will be presented in 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound audio tracks. Optional subtitles are also provided. Extras will include a director commentary,over twenty minutes of deleted and extended scenes, and an easteregg. The disc will be available when it store shelves August 8, 2006.

Brendan Frye is a loner, someone who knows all the angles but has chosen to stay on the outside. When the girl he loves turns up dead, he is determined to find the “who” and “why” and plunges into the dangerous social strata of rich girl Laura, intimidating Tug, drug-addled Dode, seductive Kara and the ominous Pin. But who can he really trust?

DVD Details:
  • 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Optional English SDH Subtitles
  • Commentary with Director Rian Johnson
  • Over 20 Minutes of Deleted/Extended Scenes
  • Easter Egg

I've been waiting so long!!! Fricken August!

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

"Halloween 4:The Return of Michael Myers" and "Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers": Divimax Special Editions

Anchor Bay Home Entertainment and IDT Entertainment have announced they will be releasing all-new DiviMax Special Editions of Halloween 4:The Return of Michael Myers and Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers. Each feature will be presented in 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen (from new high-definition transfers), along with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound audio tracks. Extras will include audio commentaries, featurettes and trailers. The discs will hit shelves July 25, 2006.

• 1.85:1 Anamorphic H-Definition Transfer
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Audio Commentary with Actresses Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris ("Halloween 4")
  • Audio Commentary with Director Dominique Othenin-Girard ("Halloween 5")
  • "Halloween 4: The Final Cut" featurette
  • "On the Set of Halloween 5" featurette
  • Trailers

Source: Fangoria

I still have those two Halloweens in vhs so it's likely i'll be scooping those up. Also, never even heard of The Brick till now.