What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Spam Alert Spam Alert Whhhhhooooooooooooooooooooop Whoooooooooo
Spam Alert Spam Alert Whhhhhooooooooooooooooooooop Whoooooooooooooooooooooop!!!
oooooooooooop
!!!

Originally Posted by 7thson
Spam Alert Spam Alert Whhhhhooooooooooooooooooooop Whoooooooooo
oooooooooooop
!!!

Picked up a couple tonight after work.

and the one i've been dying to get. I actually held one aside from myself and told people we were sold out just to be able to get it

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
Picked up a couple tonight after work.

That is a couple of you guys who got this one. I actually just saw it in stores myself. Any good? Funny?

To me, Its one of the funniest movies that has come out in a long while.

demon to some - angel to others
The last three DVDs I bought:

The Devil's Rejects:
I already liked the first movie (House of 1000 Corpses) so I thought I'd give the
sequel a try and - hey! - it's actually quite good!

Creep:
Saw it at the cinema and it's a nice little dirty, and sometimes even slightly gory,
and just well done european horror movie.

Der Untergang:
I wanted to see it at the cinema but couldn't find anyone who wanted to go, too.
It's a very good movie about the last few days and hours of Adolf Hitler and the
end of the 3rd Reich. The acting of Bruno Ganz as Adolf Hitler is just so amazing,
it's almost frightening

ceno

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
To me, Its one of the funniest movies that has come out in a long while.
Really? It's a straight to video though right. I know that doesnt always mean anything, just I never noticed it playing in theatres. I'll most likely pick that up eventually.

Originally Posted by cenobite
The Devil's Rejects:
I already liked the first movie (House of 1000 Corpses) so I thought I'd give the
sequel a try and - hey! - it's actually quite good!
I actually like The House of 1,000 Corpses better. I barely was able to watch the other because to me it was just a waste. BTW, TDR isn't a sequel...just Rob Zombie's follow up film after 1,000 corpses.

Originally Posted by Escape
Really? It's a straight to video though right. I know that doesnt always mean anything, just I never noticed it playing in theatres. I'll most likely pick that up eventually.
No, it played theatrically for about ten days in January, to an opening gross of about $3-million. It limped up to $6-million, then disappeared.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Munich. I rented it, watched most of it, but didn't have the time to finish it before it was due back, but I liked what i saw, and unless the end is utter crap, I will enjoy it, so I purchased it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Escape
No it was in theatres, Just not that long though.

I bought seven of them today:

Raging Bull-- I'm embarrassed I haven't owned it until now (on DVD).

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre-- The original, of course.

The Outlaw Josey Wales-- Sooner or later, I needed to own this.

Creepshow-- Just a FUN movie.

In The Line Of Fire-- A great action/suspense movie.

A Simple Plan-- A great drama/suspense movie.

Pharoah's Army-- A superb little movie no one knows about.

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
...and unless the end is utter crap, I will enjoy it, so I purchased it.
It is.

The People's Republic of Clogher

The Office? Pht!

Uncomfortable humour doesn't come more...ermmm...uncomfortable than this.

I picked up Raging Bull, Hard-Boiled and Withnail & I for a grand total of 11 quid from HMV today, bargain.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
Steve Coogan's a comedic genius. I can't wait for Alan Partridge: The Movie.
During the commentary Coogan, Iannucci and Peter Baynam admitted they were floating around some ideas to do with a detective show which Alan pitched to Tony Hayers - the Morse-like detective drama called Swallow.

That'd make it Coogan playing Partridge playing a detective. Interesting...

That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains they 'Paved paradise to put up a parking lot', a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song.

love this crazy movie and had to own it.

Have both the Nightmare and Friday the 13th box sets so it just seemed right to get this and watch the slashers duke it out